Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Past Life Feats

Quote Originally Posted by Hanam View Post
    I think the passive barbarian feat should give +2 intimidate as well as 10 hp.
    This is a very nice buff which happens to coincinde with a build I am working on and I agree barbarians should get a little more then +10 hp it is just I am not sure +2 intimidate is in the spirit of barbarians.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    This is a very nice buff which happens to coincinde with a build I am working on and I agree barbarians should get a little more then +10 hp it is just I am not sure +2 intimidate is in the spirit of barbarians.
    Heh, you have to be careful there... I think intimidate is exactly in the spirit of barbarians... I use intimidate all the time to get that monster chasing the caster to turn around and face me...

Plus that shaken effect is awesome... every barbarian should be using intimidate... that's a mass debuff with no save...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, you have to be careful there... I think intimidate is exactly in the spirit of barbarians... I use intimidate all the time to get that monster chasing the caster to turn around and face me...

Plus that shaken effect is awesome... every barbarian should be using intimidate... that's a mass debuff with no save...
    Very few barbarians use intimidate so although this is a class skill I doubt it would be that useful for vast majority of barbarians reincarnating back into a barbarian Its most advantageous for someone choosing to reincarnate into another class that uses the intimidate skill more frequently such as fighters or paladins.

I have been playing around with a dwarven 36 pt twf paladin who can swap to s&b and eventually has the dwarven defender (this may not get released for years at the rate the prestige enhancements get released) and Knight chalice/hunter of undead. I was thinking of doing barbarian twice in order to get my hps up there. +4 intimidate would be sweet for that build.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Why not make these like racial benefits and not use a feat slot at all? We did get to max level to get this after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Past Life: Soldier of the Faith
    You recall more about your past life as a paladin. You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can invoke Divine Favor upon yourself three times per rest. (Activate this paladin ability to call upon the strength and wisdom of a deity to grant a +1 luck bonus on weapon attack and damage. This bonus is increased by +1 for every 3 caster levels beyond level 3.)
    Anyone know the duration of this divine favor? Extend affect it? And it maxes out at +3 like the spell right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    My question concerns the "Stature" change... Getting taller.

If my halfling rogue TRs(?) into an identical race/class, does that make him a One-and-a-Halfling?

[Edit] Or better yet... Is it a mathematical thing? like 0.5*0.5=0.25? so I can get smaller?
    Maybe it's a three-quarterling?

I guess I'm kinda confused about the barbarian rage past life feat..... it says that it lasts for 30 seconds.... is there a particular reason why it shouldn't be affected by con score and potentially feats like a normal barb rage?
    Infynity, Flaggson, Grazzit, Liryc
    Yep, I think I facepalmed my nose off.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Anyone know the duration of this divine favor? Extend affect it? And it maxes out at +3 like the spell right?
    Effect relates to caster level:
    1-5 --> +1
    6-8 --> +2
    9+ --> +3

Duration:
    24secs +6 seconds per caster level. Can be extended.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Past Life: Arcane Prodigy
    You recall more about your past life as a sorcerer. Your maximum spell points are increased by 10 at first level, and 5 spell points for each additional level and can produce random elemental damage spells ten times per rest. (Activate this sorcerer ability to blast a target with a ray of combined elements, doing 1d12 damage of a random elemental type plus an additional 1d12 per three caster levels on impact. A successful Reflex save reduce the damage by half.)
    105 more spell points at 20th level -> /yawn

Random elemental effect -> not so useful when it chooses a type the mob is immune to. Random also means you won't always do optimal damage with it if you're a nuker, as you may not have the damage enhancements for the damage type it chooses.

Reflex save -> If you're not playing a caster type (ie, very high DC already), then mobs will always take half damage.

That's a whole lot of fail for the 'benefit' of true reincarnation.

Community Member

[Past Life: Ranger
    You were a ranger in a past life. You occasionally find small animals in your backpack. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +2 damage with ranged weapons and +2 to elemental resistances. This feat can be stacked up to three times.

Past Life:Warrior of the Wild
    You recall more about your past life as a ranger. You have +2 to your Spot skill and can produce a Barkskin effect three times per rest. (Activate this ranger ability to toughen the skin of an ally, giving a +2 natural armor bonus to AC with an additional +1 bonus for every 3 caster levels above 3rd, to a maximum of +5 at caster level 12th.)]

You occasionally find small animals in your backpack, and your active feat casts barkskin |:? You should get summon animal companion so you can take the stupid animal out of your backpack and make some use of it. That's what a REAL woodsman would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    Effect relates to caster level:
    1-5 --> +1
    6-8 --> +2
    9+ --> +3

Duration:
    24secs +6 seconds per caster level. Can be extended.
    How is caster level determined? especially if you reincarnate as a non-caster, such as ftr?

is caster level based on character level for those purposes?
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Quote Originally Posted by krud View Post
    How is caster level determined? especially if you reincarnate as a non-caster, such as ftr?

is caster level based on character level for those purposes?
    Caster level is normally the number of levels in the corresponding class.

For spell likes and dragon marks, character level is used for caster level. Like it is here.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Community Member

Default Purchasable Feat min lvl 3

The wording is not very clear on this, hope someone can answer...
    The feat you access at level 3, aka "purchasable feat" is avaiable at level 3, but is it ONLY at level 3 or can it be taken at a later level??
    KNOW YOUR ROLE! (need guide)

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    The wording is not very clear on this, hope someone can answer...
    The feat you access at level 3, aka "purchasable feat" is avaiable at level 3, but is it ONLY at level 3 or can it be taken at a later level??
    you can take it later on
    but you can only take it once per feat =(
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Thumbs down yes 2...2....2 overpowerd

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTank View Post
    Those past life feats should be slightly improved and balanced. The ranger one is ridiculous.
    Casters going the Wiz path..
    And dps goin the ranger path.

Time to move on to other mmo

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WitcherX View Post
    Casters going the Wiz path..
    And dps goin the ranger path.

Time to move on to other mmo
    Well I'm sure you your LONG stay here you contributed a lot..bye

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    Why not make these like racial benefits and not use a feat slot at all? We did get to max level to get this after all.
    The passive don't take a feat slot.

The other ones does.

It's two diffrent types

I true rez my wizard. Made him warforge so he a little more self-sufficient.

The passive free feat is kind of nice. The magic missles are affected by meta magics doing 17 or 35 dmg each for my enhancements. Also you can use the magic missile while feebleminded or while in a beholders anti-magic eye.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lostx View Post
    I true rez my wizard. Made him warforge so he a little more self-sufficient.

The passive free feat is kind of nice. The magic missles are affected by meta magics doing 17 or 35 dmg each for my enhancements. Also you can use the magic missile while feebleminded or while in a beholders anti-magic eye.
    Thanks for that info.
    So then it looks like they are using a identical mecanism as they use for dragonmarks (effected by metamagic, enhancements and not effected by anti-magic ).

A last thing that I'm curious about is if they share the same time with dragonmarks or if they have individual timer, or if they have comman "past life feat timer".

Community Member

I'm quite surprised how many people are fine with these benefits for true reincarnation.

You make it all the way to 20, put all this time and though into customizing items and gear, and (with unlimited) spent actual cash on certain things throughout your career like perhaps some tomes and stuff (like the heart), and the grand continuation for your character is lose all those details (save items you wont be able to use for some time) and remake with a 'drow's worth' more ability scores and a vanilla passive bonus feat.
    And then to get any other benefit from this 'past life' you need to spend your new characters already limited feats on these past life memories? Which hardly compare with enhancements?

PLUS on top of this terribly limited benefit you also need to earn extra exp? For what? to balance your immense +1 to damage? or your +10 hp that makes your old barbarian/new mage the next best tank?

Honestly the larger size and glow effect is probably the coolest thing about the reincarnation. They show the spirit of how the Reincarnation should be. The number crunchers however must have skipped the meeting where everyone talked about how 'cool' they wanted TR to be.

Balance is the main concern I understand (and simplicity of integration) but as far as I'm concerned, the stat bonuses should rival the aesthetic bonus and sadly, they really are lackluster in comparison.

Without adding systems to the game, there are so many other things that would have made them greater.
    Access to skills from past life as class skills
    Main feats from previous class granted for free from pool at fixed level intervals
    access to previous class enhancements while advancing.
    Extra enhancement point at level advancement for use on past life enhancements from race or class

Basically just underwhelmed with the depth of "wow" put into this form of "End level continuation".

All and all though the feeling is more of a "Aw man its too bad because this was such an awesome and revolutionary idea for MMO end game advancement, and it is missing the mark" and not a "Oh man you guys suX0rz". I just really want to see the best for this game.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast