Thread: Sale suggestion

Default Sale suggestion

So things go on sale in the ddo store from time to time. Seems pretty normal for 20% off, maybe 25% off, every blue moon something more than that.

Well, why have that apply only to the items selected by turbine? Why not just offer say, 20% off up to <insert cost of the most expensive adventure pack here>? So if you spend say, 2000 tp on various things and the deal of the day/weekend/holiday is 25% off up to 1500 tp worth of whatever you want, then the actual customer gets to pick what they want. In that example the customer would get the 2000 tp worth of stuff for 500 tp + 75% of 1500 tp (1125 tp) for a total of 1625 tp. No different than if Turbine says "buy a 1500 tp pack for 1125!" and I take them up on that plus I chuck an extra 500 tp worth of stuff in there.

After all the current "20% off <insert action pack here>"! is kind of disingenuous. If I pass on that and wait, within the next month or 2 sure enough that same pack will eventually be on sale again later. Why not just let me pick the content I want and give me a discount I will get anyway if I'm just patient enough?
    Last edited by sly_1; 11-16-2009 at 01:31 PM.

That's not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind seeing them do it the other way around though... The more you buy, the bigger of a discount you get (traditional bulk pricing type rules). For example, buy any 3 adventure packs, get 10% off. Buy any 5 and get 15% off. Buy 7 and get 20% off.
    Last edited by Grindor; 11-18-2009 at 05:44 PM.
    Life is good. Eternal life is better.
    Drogoth - 19/1 Clr/Rgr || Fenced Goods - 20 Brd || Faeruen - 18/2 Brd/Rog
    Skrak - 10/6/2 Ftr/Rgr/Rog || Briggy - 16/2 Brd/Rog || Tayly - 18 Clr (all max exp)
    More in the works...

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

sales are usually given to attract Impulse Buyers.... not something companies do just to move product to people who like to wait for stuff.

But next time I go to the grocery store and my favorite soda isnt on sale, I'm gonna grab a clerk and say Hey, why dont you just sell this to me at $5.99 today instead of $8.99.. Its gonna go on sale Eventually anyway!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~