Default Sunken Parish Puzzle Spoiler

There are 4 possible places for the gem to show up. There are 2 routes for the power to flow, each going through 2 possibilities.

GEMS 1 and 2 - Route 1
    Front

Back

Just connect the outsides.

GEMS 3 and 4(not pictured) - Route 2
    Front

Front / Side

Back

Back / Side

A special thanks to Kelwayne for waiting while I figured these out,
    and to everyone who opened the chest for us.
    There's a 70% chance I was drunk, 20% hungover, 90% drinking, when I posted this. I think that's 185% alcohol is involved. You do the math, my grammar is immaculate.

Awesome, bro.

+ rep

Community Member

I was bored so i made a spreadsheet to model the puzzle in a planimetric(flatened) view.

I wasn't aware that there were only four possible locations for the gem so naturally I worked on finding a solution set that spanned all possible solutions under the assumption that the gem could be anywhere.

you can find the solver at
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...4dFhyOUE&hl=en

you can updated it from
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...Q1Z4dFhyOUE6MA

Community Member

Default Solver

I found this and found it to be the easiest solver to use. Hopefully you guys can find this useful.

Solver Click Here

original pic is on http://2d6.blog70.fc2.com/blog-entry-773.html
    Last edited by thestonedone; 06-04-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Community Member

Ok thanks a lot for the solver i was with a group who wanted xp and so did i. Think that one works best considering its the actual pictures. Thanks to the group i was with well i spent like 7 min trying to find a solver and actually pick the right one. Got the wrong pic at first so it was mixed up puzzle. Thanks again

I guess I'll have to randomize it harder next time
    From dev meeting: "It's fun to fail!"
    "Grouping in MMOs is 1d6 players pretending to like each other long enough to start drama over loot."
    "There is a way to implement it but it’s got so many red flags it’s like communism."
    "That tears it. I need to get a donkey."

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    You did a great job with this puzzle.

It's challenging, can be failed, requires some thought to solve, and best of all - it's both optional and rewarding enough to bother with.

If you just can't solve it you can still advance in the quest chain - which is a big improvement on content like VON5. But if you can solve it, it's worth your while.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Actually, I think this puzzle is a great example of how puzzles should be. Its challenging and fun if you want to, but the whole quest doesnt depend on it. The quest can be solo'd, so you dont have to worry about 5 people waiting for you if you want to just go do the puzzle for fun.

Sure, a solver is available, but that's optional too...for those who dont like doing it, they can somewhat bypass it with a solver. But for those that do, they can run the quest solo and play with multiple versions of the puzzle.

Bottom line...good puzzle, totally optional, totally solo-able. Very well designed IMO.
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

I like that it is optional and there isn't a timer.

It is quite a nice puzzle, so please don't "fix it" more than just randomizing the crystal.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    You did a great job with this puzzle.

It's challenging, can be failed, requires some thought to solve, and best of all - it's both optional and rewarding enough to bother with.

If you just can't solve it you can still advance in the quest chain - which is a big improvement on content like VON5. But if you can solve it, it's worth your while.
    Agree 100%

I will say, that the easiest time I had was on my first trip through, when I managed to somehow solve the puzzle without noticing that the tiles on the ceiling turned with the floor tiles.

Since then, I've had to work it out fully, and it has been a lot of fun. Definitely one of my favorite puzzles in the game.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Agreed, great use of puzzles. The other good way to use such a thing would be as a by-pass. Meaning, either Go the hard/long/annoying way or solve the uber-puzzle.

One thing I do wish, though, is that there were a way to play with the in-game puzzles outside of quests. I have often found myself thinking that I'd like to try out that puzzle and others outside of quest, just for fun/practice.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Agreed, great use of puzzles. The other good way to use such a thing would be as a by-pass. Meaning, either Go the hard/long/annoying way or solve the uber-puzzle.

One thing I do wish, though, is that there were a way to play with the in-game puzzles outside of quests. I have often found myself thinking that I'd like to try out that puzzle and others outside of quest, just for fun/practice.
    Some can be (Reaver, Shroud). Honestly, while I'd probably enjoy that as well, the way it works currently acts as a sort of barrier to puzzle solvers/guides (somewhat, but not entirely, as evidenced by this thread).

I really hate when someone says that they will use a solver for a puzzle without a voice laced with utter guilt and self-loathing.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post

Yeah that'd be excellent too (in some ways, the Monastery of the Scorpion puzzle is like that, although doing the quest without solving the puzzle is very difficult even on Normal).

Kill the ubernasty boss, or solve the puzzle under time pressure.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member GlorkTheInvader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathseeker View Post
    Actually, I think this puzzle is a great example of how puzzles should be. Its challenging and fun if you want to, but the whole quest doesnt depend on it. The quest can be solo'd, so you dont have to worry about 5 people waiting for you if you want to just go do the puzzle for fun.

Sure, a solver is available, but that's optional too...for those who dont like doing it, they can somewhat bypass it with a solver. But for those that do, they can run the quest solo and play with multiple versions of the puzzle.

Bottom line...good puzzle, totally optional, totally solo-able. Very well designed IMO.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Former L E G I O N - Now Retired Old Piker
    Glork || Glorkie || Amalla || Eryae || Shiomi || Jhaene || Sunmaid || Skydusk

Agreed on all points. It's my favorite puzzle in the game because it is *hard* if you don't already know the solution and the mechanism is novel w/ the floor/ceiling tiles connected. Unfortunately for the OP, the discovery of the 4 solutions had been done a while ago and is posted in the Lost Leader Quest Guide here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=244

Is a tad hard to follow the first few times though.

Still, I bet in was an enjoyable and engaging excercise so good on you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by thestonedone View Post
    I found this and found it to be the easiest solver to use. Hopefully you guys can find this useful.

Solver Click Here

original pic is on http://2d6.blog70.fc2.com/blog-entry-773.html

Lol, now I don't have to turn tiles for hours to get loot Thanks for the solver.

Funny though, I was getting fast with it, didn't play that quest for a long time, then forgot the sequence. Very perishable.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Yeah that'd be excellent too (in some ways, the Monastery of the Scorpion puzzle is like that, although doing the quest without solving the puzzle is very difficult even on Normal).

Kill the ubernasty boss, or solve the puzzle under time pressure.
    I always thought it was kind of stupid that the thing dies because you solved a puzzle. Still, in theory I like that mechanic.

I think I would have preferred a situation similar to The Crucible, where if you perform the right actions (solve a puzzle) the boss becomes much weaker when you end up fighting him.

Or how about just a complete image showing all the solutions? Taken long ago from a website that I do not remember.

Edit - oops, i see someone posted a link to this previously. Well enjoy it anyways.

What is the conditional that either allows the water to remain, or makes the water go away?

I couldn't get to the extra-extra chest because there was no water in the spike pit once I solved. Need the water to be up high enough to reach and operate the hidden door.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

There's an underwater wheel in the first wet area you travel through...

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    What is the conditional that either allows the water to remain, or makes the water go away?

I couldn't get to the extra-extra chest because there was no water in the spike pit once I solved. Need the water to be up high enough to reach and operate the hidden door.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.