Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stormreach Snipers - Tues Night Static Group Sarlona

Drawn By Fate started up a flavor static group a few weeks ago with one rule: all the party members must be primarily ranged characters.

We currently have 5 members and have room for 1 more. We are at level 9/10 now, but we could take anyone levels 7-11.

Play time:
    Tuesday nights at 10pm EST (7pm PST).

Server:
    Sarlona

Play style:
    We play at a brisk pace, but we generally kill everything and break everything as we go and do most optionals. Don't be intimidated if you are more of a flower sniffer, as we leave no one behind (well, not intentionally), and as long as you are willing to follow directions and keep up, you will be fine.

We usually run on elite difficulty, but it really depends on how we feel we can do in the quest.

We're playing to have fun, not set records or farm for loot etc.

Voice: Must be able to hear voice.

Content: Should have access to most content.

Rule
    (just one): Characters must be primarily ranged, using ranged weapons like throwers, bows, and crossbows. (spells do not count as ranged weapons). That means any thrower, archer, or crossbow builds are good. Any class is fine as long as the your character is primarily focused on ranged combat.

Post in this thread if you are interested or have any questions.
    Last edited by Postumus; 05-13-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Default Current Roster

NAME
    RACE
    CLASS BUILD LEVEL ...............
    Negahertz WF Arti ranged arti 10
    Hydraulix WF Arti ranged arti 10
    Ramaani Elf Cleric Silver Flame Bow User 9
    Rhylan WF Arti ranged arti 10
    Mansoor Human Arti spell casting/ranged 9

To date we've completed the following chains/quests:

Korthos
    Water Works
    Depths
    Shan-to-Kor
    Sharn
    Three Barrel Cove
    Tangleroot Gorge
    Sentinals of Stormreach
    The Pit
    Tear of Dhakan
    Gwylan's Last Stand
    Delera's Tomb
    Stormcleave
    Chronoscope
    ToEE part 1
    Vault of Night (only completed Thrashk Arena)
    Last edited by Postumus; 05-13-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Default 5/12/15

Last night Stormreach Snipers took on The Chronoscope

I know we were over level, but since we only had five players, I thought normal would provide some challenge. I was wrong. No one came close to dying and we tore through everything easily.

To amp up our next challenge a bit we then ran Temple of Elemental Evil Part One on elite. Those archers hit HARD, but we prevailed and made it to the end of part 1 in about 45 mins. The end fight turned out to be a good challenge. Negahertz kept getting one-shotted (pro tip: have more than 100 hps by level 10?), and at one point everyone was dead except for Mansoor who ran around dodging fireballs and ice blasts while spamming raise dead scrolls and self-repairs.

After 15 raise dead scrolls, we were able to kill all four elemental champions and Falrinth. We pulled some of the upgradeable stuff, but nothing named.

Finally we began the Vault of Night chain and completed Thrashk Arena on elite.

Next week we'll complete the VoN chain and possibly take a run at Tempest's Spine.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Interested.

Have level 10 1st life ranged arty. Have done most the stuff that you all have completed except Chrono, Senitnels, and Tharassick Arena, but have done ToEE p1 and p2 already on E. I ran this toon up to L9 before hitting ToEE. I have upgraded light repeater of acid vulnerability so far. Part 2 end fight is really tough at level on elite.

I live in CA and am on PST. 7pm PST start time is ok, bedtime is 10pm PST for me.

I can hear voice (headset), but don't speak (types instead).

EDIt ~ forgot to mention I'm premium, but have all the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Have level 10 1st life ranged arty. Have done most the stuff that you all have completed except Chrono, Senitnels, and Tharassick Arena, but have done ToEE p1 and p2 already on E. I ran this toon up to L9 before hitting ToEE. I have upgraded light repeater of acid vulnerability so far. Part 2 end fight is really tough at level on elite.

I live in CA and am on PST. 7pm PST start time is ok, bedtime is 10pm PST for me.

I can hear voice (headset), but don't speak (types instead).

EDIt ~ forgot to mention I'm premium, but have all the content.

If your arti is on Sarlona, it sounds good! We usually play 7-9, rarely after 9pm unless we are finishing something that ran long.

Can you play next Tues?

Default Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    If your arti is on Sarlona, it sounds good! We usually play 7-9, rarely after 9pm unless we are finishing something that ran long.

Can you play next Tues?
    I'm a Sarlonian (main server). The L10 arty was created there to run thru heroic ToEE. I like the toon and I'm gonna keep it and play it. Next Tuesday sounds great!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Livmo; 05-13-2015 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Got it.

Default 5.20.15

NAME
    RACE
    Negahertz WF Arti ranged arti 11
    Hydraulix WF Arti ranged arti 11
    Ramaani Elf Cleric Silver Flame Bow User 10
    Rhylan WF Arti ranged arti 11
    Mansoor Human Arti spell casting/ranged 10
    Briari Human? Arti ranged arti 11

We completed the VoN chain on elite. Watching 5 artis and an AA pepper everything from long range is a beautiful thing that never gets old for me. It's quite comical.

In VoN3 there was a slight timing mishap at the first trapped door and half the party was killed. Fortunately all the dead people were also the same ones smart enough to purchase raise dead scrolls, so we got a nice break while we enjoyed free backpack rides to the next shrine.

At the end, Negahertz had the idea to form a semicircle of flame turrets near the Marut cave while everyone ranged from a distance. It worked wonderfully and by the time the Marut got past the 5 turrets and the pets he was at a sliver of health. For some reason it charged at the cleric, the only one who didn't summon a turret, but it only got a few swings at Ramaani before it went down like sputnik crashing into nest of giant porcupines.

We considered proceeding straight to VoN 5&6 but had some limitations in the Wisdom department (which we hope to overcome by next week), so instead we followed Hydraulix (ONE "x" - not to be confused with he of the double "x" in the PD group) on a merry romp through Tempest Spine on hard.

At the end we plinked, pewed, and peppered away at the Storm Reaver while Hydraulix ran around spinning tiles in the puzzle until the Reaver was vulnerable to our onslaught of arrows and bolts.

Mansoor pulled the Choker of the Silver Tongue and Rhylan was able to memorize the route and the puzzle solution so she can lead the raid in next Monday's group.

NAME
    RACE
    Ramaani Elf Cleric Silver Flame Bow User 10
    Mansoor Human Arti spell casting/ranged 10
    Briari Human? Arti ranged arti 11

We completed the VoN chain on elite. Watching 5 artis and an AA pepper everything from long range is a beautiful thing that never gets old for me. It's quite comical.

In VoN3 there was a slight timing mishap at the first trapped door and half the party was killed. Fortunately all the dead people were also the same ones smart enough to purchase raise dead scrolls, so we got a nice break while we enjoyed free backpack rides to the next shrine.

At the end, Negahertz had the idea to form a semicircle of flame turrets near the Marut cave while everyone ranged from a distance. It worked wonderfully and by the time the Marut got past the 5 turrets and the pets he was at a sliver of health. For some reason it charged at the cleric, the only one who didn't summon a turret, but it only got a few swings at Ramaani before it went down like sputnik crashing into nest of giant porcupines.

We considered proceeding straight to VoN 5&6 but had some limitations in the Wisdom department (which we hope to overcome by next week), so instead we followed Hydraulix (ONE "x" - not to be confused with he of the double "x" in the PD group) on a merry romp through Tempest Spine on hard.

At the end we plinked, pewed, and peppered away at the Storm Reaver while Hydraulix ran around spinning tiles in the puzzle until the Reaver was vulnerable to our onslaught of arrows and bolts.

Mansoor pulled the Choker of the Silver Tongue and Rhylan was able to memorize the route and the puzzle solution so she can lead the raid in next Monday's group.
    I was wondering about Hydralixxxxx, gotta keep your p's q's and x's straight. You need your own section of the forums. All these groups, I don't know how you keep it all together! Keep up the good work, these groups have gotten me more involved in the game again, having a blast!

Okay, Monday-night group, when you go through the portals, run forward as fast as you can. Nothing bad will happen...really...no, really. Um, maybe you better ask Hydraulix (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to help out instead.

Default 5/26/15

NAME
    RACE
    Ramaani Elf Cleric Silver Flame Bow User 11
    Mansoor Human Arti spell casting/ranged 11
    Briari Human? Arti ranged arti 12

We began the night with Mansoor, Rhylan, and Negahertz in the Demon Sands hunting gnolls and undead. After the rest of the group made their way from Zawabi's Refuge to rolling wastes of the desert, we tried to regroup and take a brief respite inside an abandoned temple.

Very quickly we discovered why the temple had been abandoned: it had been overrun by mephits and various demons. We saw it as our duty to Purge the Fallen Shrine before proceeding any further into the desert. Once again the onslaught of our arrows and bolts proved to be too much for the evil creatures which had taken up residence within the shrine, and we drove them from the once hallowed place with ease.

Afterwards, on a quest from the mighty Djinn Zawabi, we traversed into the heart of Scarrow territory, The Scar, to acquire the blood sacrifice from a crazed, despotic Calyx Shattermoon, the outcast Drow priestess who had formed a cult of both Scarrow and evil Drow to serve her own wicked delusions.

The blood of the sacrificed gnoll was simple enough to acquire, but the long running fight to escape a temple overflowing with enraged Drow and Scarrow was another matter. First we kept together as group and it seemed as though our successful escape was a foregone conclusion. But the cultists were persistent and passionate in their pursuit, and we were soon running for our lives.

Rhylan got a bit disoriented and fell to the lightning traps guarding a winding path that bypassed a raised drawbridge, and Hydraulix fell when he attempted to recover her soul stone. It fell upon Mansoor and Briari to save the day by braving the Drow archers and lightning traps a second time to recover both Rhylan and Hydraulix (and their pets).

We raised both Warforged, regrouped, and made our final push to escape the rampaging cultists. Five flaming turrets helped make the final fight quite a bit easier, and we slew the priestess and her Scarrow minions en route to our escape.

Mansoor was fortunate enough to loot some Spectral Gloves, Hydraulix mentioned something about Ward of Undeath, and either Raamani or Negahertz found an Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger.

After defeating the renegade Drow and their Scarrow compatriots, we were sent to the mighty pyramid containing the living remains of the Lich King Raiyum. Fighting through hordes of skeletons, mummies, ghouls, ghasts, and Negahertz's penchant for running into traps and dying, we finally made our way to the The Chamber of Raiyum to face the God-King Raiyum.

Once again flame turrets and a tempest of missiles resulted in an easy victory and we went on to defeat his mummified retainers and loot the dead king's vast hoard. Mansoor found some Silken Mail which he passed to Briari, and Hydraulix found a Mysterious Ring.

After returning to Zawabi to report our successes, we decided to take a long rest and several of use were able to train to take another level. Next week we will complete our third quest for Zawabi and prepare to face the Demon Queen herself!

Default 6/30/15

NAME
    RACE
    Negahertz WF Arti ranged arti 16
    Hydraulix WF Arti ranged arti 16
    Rhylan WF Arti ranged arti 16
    Mansoor Human Arti spell casting/ranged 16
    Briari Human? Arti ranged arti 17

Snipers keep on pewpewpewing along. We were sorry to see Ramaani drop, but we rolled through the Orchard of the Macabre like a steamroller with 5 multi-shot repeaters and a lightning turret.

We ran all the Orchard quests on elite without a hitch. We didn't even lose a single pet in Ghosts of Perdition. Afterwards we ran Ghosts twice more (on hard then normal) and inferno once more on hard in an effort to get completed sigils for everyone.

By the end of the evening Negahertz and Mansoor had completed sigils and Briari, Rhylan, and Hydraulix were only one or two pieces away. It looks like we have at least one more inferno run and possibly one more Fleshmaker run until everyone has a completed sigil. At the end of the night everyone was able to take level 16, except Briari who is already banking 18!

At this rate we should easily hit level 20 in 4-5 sessions. There was some talk of reincarnating into warlocks, but we'll see how it goes.

Default 7/7/15

NAME
    RACE
    Negahertz WF Arti ranged arti 17
    Hydraulix WF Arti ranged arti 18
    Rhylan WF Arti ranged arti 17
    Mansoor Human Arti spell casting/ranged 18
    Briari Human Arti ranged arti 18
    Jinaiy Human Warlock shooty casty cone shape 16

Shot to the heart
    And you're to blame
    You give ranged
    A bad name

Looking at YOU Nega-DIED FIVE TIMES IN ONE QUEST-hertz. Lol.

It might have been a full moon, or just the overwhelming stench of piracy in the air, but the evening was certainly full of interesting and unusual events.

We were joined by the spirit of Ramaani in the form of former-completionist Jinay, who was trying to grind out the last few levels of her Warlock life. Briari, still suffering from head trauma from the previous week, began the evening running around with a sword of all things, saying crazy things like 'tank' until she was severely chastised by the other artis. Negahertz died five times in one quest. And our "guide," Mansoor, had difficulties telling East from West, North from South, Inferno from Eberron, and up from down.

Returning once more to the Orchard of the Macbre, the goal was to get completed sigil frames for each party member. Several of us had all eight pieces of the sigil, but Briari, Hydraulix, and Jinaiy were still missing one or two pieces. Inferno got off to an awkward and confusing start, but once Mansoor pulled his head out of his (ahem) quiver, we got back on track and completed Inferno (E), Fleshmaker's (H), and Temple of Vol (E) in about 40 mins. Fortunately everyone got the pieces of the sigil each needed and we were finally able to proceed to the Litany of the Dead quest.

For some party members it was their first or second time in the quest, but everything went swimmingly on elite... until the last trap... where all of us died. Fortunately Mansoor had a cake from a DD roll, and he was able to drop to the bottom of the pit and then use raise dead scrolls everyone else so we could face the black dragon together. Or, rather, watch Mansoor play 25 questions with the dragon while everyone else picked their noses.

Once Mansoor answered the dragon's questions correctly, we proceeded to face the High Priest of Vol once more. After defeating him, again, we smashed the tower crystals of the Temple of Vol to bits and bid farewell to the Orchard (for now).

With a good 30 mins remaining, we decided to run The Lords of Dust on elite. Plagued with connectivity issues all evening, Mansoor dropped twice and returned for the last few rooms. Afterwards Jinaiy bid the artis adieu and returned to wherever Warlocks wander alone, while the rest of us thought we could breeze through Servants of the Overlord in the short time we had remaining.

Things started off poorly from the get go. Mansoor had connectivity problems again, everyone seemed to be suffering from intermittent freeze/stutter lag, Negahertz had a malfunction, began believing he was a living Globe of Invulnerability, and went on to play "see if I can catch it in my mouth" with every enemy spell caster in the quest to the tune of FIVE deaths.

Negahertz: DING!

Hydraulix: Wow. Again??

Mansoor: Hold on, raise dead incoming in three... two... one...

Negahertz: DING!

Rhylan: Woooowww.

Hydraulix: *facepalm*

Mansoor: *sigh* Hold on...

Negahertz: Thanks. I got hit with disintegrate for 250! How am I supposed to... DING!

Hydraulix: O... M... G!!!

Rhylan: Please don't waste another raise dead scroll on him.

Briari: LOL. I got him.

Negahertz: I don't see why you guys are complaining. I've only died four... DING!

Briari: *sigh* Here you go...

Negahertz: ... five times! The rest of you died NINE times!

Mansoor: Yeah, the rest of the party put together died a total of nine times, but you've almost eclipsed that number by yourself!

Hydraulix: Almost? The night is still young...

Rhylan: Right?

Negahertz: PFFFT! You guys know I'm awesome.

Somehow we made it to the end of the quest and about half of us were able to take level 18 and the rest level 17.

Next week: The Vale of Twilight!
    Last edited by Postumus; 07-08-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Default Necro 1V Quest Design

I wanted to add a couple of comments regarding the Litany of the Dead quest design while the experience is still somewhat fresh in my mind. I realize this is an old chain, but I think it is a good example of great content that suffers from very poor flagging requirements.

1) The Sigil:Frame

This has to be one of the worst, and most onerous flagging requirements in the game. That you need 8 sigil pieces, double the number of quests, to complete the frame requires multiple runs of each quest from the outset. That each player isn't guaranteed at least one sigil piece per quest completion on elite is ridiculous. That the pieces are semi-random makes it even worse.

As a result we literally spent three play sessions (not including some folks running the quests on their own time afterwards) for the entire group to acquire all eight pieces. The total runs per quest to get the pieces were:

Quest Difficulty # Completions ..................................
    Desecrated Temple of Vol E 2
    Flesh Maker's Laboratory E X 1, H X 2 3
    Inferno of the Damned E X 2, H X 2, N X 1 5
    Ghosts of Perdition E X1, H X 2 3

All told it took a group of 5-6 players 13 completions (not including completions players did on their own off session), or an average of 3 completions/quest, to flag for Litany. This is beyond ridiculous. It becomes boring, makes the content less enjoyable, and really detracts from the great artwork, story, and mechanics of the Orchard quests. I am so sick of the Orchard at this point I honestly don't want to see it for another 6 months.

2) Litany of the Dead

Another quest that has to be completed 4 times in order to flag for the raid. It's bad enough to have to run each flagging quest 3 times (on average), but then to have to run Litany 4 separate times is just ponderous and wearisome. We shouldn't have to re-run the entire quest to get back to one of the four post-quests, we should be able to complete the High Priest of Vol portion, then return to the chamber below the dragon and embark on one of the other three remaining portions without running the entire first part of the quest again.

2a) Sitting through the undead spawn room waiting for the gate to unlock four times is an enjoyment killer. Once is fun. Twice is annoying. Three times is depressing. Four times is just boring beyond belief.

2b) 15 questions from the dragon? Really? FIFTEEN? Even though no one else can do anything while they wait for the PL to answer the questions correctly, it's bearable the first time. The second - fourth times? Tedium defined. It's bad enough to run the quest 4 times, but to have to answer 60 questions to boot? What a waste of everyone's time. And far from fun or enjoyable. Especially when you've spent the last three 2-hour sessions re-running the flagging content just to get the sigil to get into Litany.

It won't happen because this content is so old, but at the very least I'd like to see sigil pieces 1-4 always drop for a player who completes the appropriate quest, and a 4-8 piece should be guaranteed to drop from a non-ransacked rare chest for each player.

I really enjoy the Necro IV content and the Orchard explorer area, but too much of a good thing grows stale. Requiring 3-4 runs per quest just to flag for the abbott raid is not good design and doesn't keep players familiar with the content engaged. At that point flagging for Abbott becomes more of a burden than an enjoyable past time.

Re: 7/7/15

¡Jajaja--qué divertido!

Re: Necro 1V Quest Design

La reseña es perspicaz.

Default Good Info

Quote Originally Posted by Rig_O_Mortis View Post
    Re: 7/7/15

¡Jajaja--qué divertido!

Re: Necro 1V Quest Design

La reseña es perspicaz.

Thanks, I tried not to make it sound tooo whiny.

Also I wanted to call everyone's attention to this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ranged-attacks

We haven't run the madness chain yet, but I can see how everyone, or even some of us having Solipsism on our armor would make our ranged party a bit more formidable; and the armor is actually pretty good for level. All of it can be upgraded at the Altar of Madness in the Tower of the Twelve:

Parasitic Breastplate
    Fleshshaper's Brigandine

Fleshshaper's Docent
    Infused Chaos Docent
    Beholder Plate Docent

Mansoor currently has on a Parasitic Breastplate upgraded with Xoriat Madness: Uncanny Awareness (+10 reflex) from one of his previous lives, but I could go for a Solipsism breastplate.

Here is a link to the Altar of Insanity upgrades available for these armors: Trace of Madness
    Last edited by Postumus; 07-08-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Soooo, Solipsism makes a monster think it's the only thing in the universe and, consequently, it does nothing to defend itself against an attack because it feels enemies only exist in it's consciousness? Huh?

Default Rouge

Thanks, I tried not to make it sound tooo whiny.

Also I wanted to call everyone's attention to this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ranged-attacks

We haven't run the madness chain yet, but I can see how everyone, or even some of us having Solipsism on our armor would make our ranged party a bit more formidable; and the armor is actually pretty good for level. All of it can be upgraded at the Altar of Madness in the Tower of the Twelve:

Parasitic Breastplate
    Fleshshaper's Brigandine

Fleshshaper's Docent
    Infused Chaos Docent
    Beholder Plate Docent

Mansoor currently has on a Parasitic Breastplate upgraded with Xoriat Madness: Uncanny Awareness (+10 reflex) from one of his previous lives, but I could go for a Solipsism breastplate.

Here is a link to the Altar of Insanity upgrades available for these armors: Trace of Madness
    Farming ingrediants can go easier with a party and you don't have to complete the quests. Also, the ingrediants are BtA. The group may or may not already have the ingrediatns on other toons or perhaps some light farming is needed . The base armors are easy to get. I already have an extra breastplate and can pass in chest.

I like to pair the armor with this:

Sustaining Symbiont - Trinket: Greater False Life, Suppress Madness, Exceptional Constitution +1, Exceptional Fortification (10%) [ML:15, BtA] (Fred's chest)

I like to run the symbiot with +10 will save and envenomed blades on my rouge. Haven't tried a repeater yet for the Solipsism or any other weapon, yet.
    Last edited by Livmo; 07-08-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Perhaps we could set aside part of a Tuesday evening for farming and complete a quest or two afterwards like we did in The Orchard. Or...we could have a special guild-and-guests farming night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig_O_Mortis View Post
    Perhaps we could set aside part of a Tuesday evening for farming and complete a quest or two afterwards like we did in The Orchard. Or...we could have a special guild-and-guests farming night.

I think we'll run Litany at the beginning of each session (until we've completed all four parts), then run Harbinger of Madness, Reign of Madness, The Vale of Twilight and we should all be at 20 (except maybe Mansoor).

I might try to sneak in a couple more raids too - like Reaver's Fate and VoN, just for fun.

We can farm for stuff once we hit 20 and I'd like to do some of the challenges at 20 also.

Default The Negahertz Line

NAME
    RACE
    Negahertz WF Arti ranged arti 18
    Hydraulix WF Arti ranged arti 18
    Rhylan WF Arti ranged arti 18
    Mansoor Human Arti spell casting/ranged 18
    Briari Human Arti ranged arti 18

Under the effects of several Stormreach intoxicants, Mansoor attempted to lead the array of artificers* through the Harbinger of Madness chain but after an elite run of Missing (elite), Hydraulix pointed out that the group had never finished the Web of Chaos chain it had begun the week prior.

Being in a state particularly susceptible to suggestion, Mansoor readily agreed ("We're in the harbor anyway... why not!") and the troop of crossbow wielding snipers trundled off to face the Lolth's little cousin The Spinner of Shadows (elite). Once inside, Briari shared a secret with the group.

Briari: I've heard tavern tales of demonic places like this. If one collects all the shards needed to light the warding pillars before lighting any pillars, then fewer Hezrous will spawn.

Rhylan: Hezrou! Good golly gosh-a-mighty!

Hydraulix: Hezrou are bad news. Especially those guys with them crowns over their heads.

Mansoor: Suuure! Shounds like a fantashtic plan!

Negahertz: Wait, what is a "warding pillar"?

So the group buffed and set out to follow Briari's advice and then DING! Mansoor died. He rezzed at the rest shrine and as he was rematerializing DING! He got hit with ball lightning! (Mansoor: Stupid Rakshasa!). Mansoor tried to rez again and DING! He got hit with another ball lighting! (Negahertz: Stupid Mansoor!).

By the time the artis had actually entered the chamber with the ward pillars (Negahertz: Oooohhh that's what they are!), Mansoor had died four times. By the time the group had collected enough shards to light all the ward pillars Mansoor had died EIGHT times. And Rhylan six times. And Briari four times. And Negahertz four times. And Hydraulix two times. For a total of 24 deaths! It wasn't a party wipe, since there was always at least one arti alive to bring back the others, but it felt like one. No, scratch that. It felt like five party wipes! Eventually Negahertz gathered all the piles of shards and lit the ward pillars and everyone was able to take a nice long break while the Spinner and Lolth skyped across realms.

Mansoor: OH... my... head... did we do it? Did we... shave the realm?

Hydraulix: Well... not exactly.

Mansoor: Huh?

Rhylan: Um, we kind of made it worse. Now we have a full on rift situation.

Mansoor: When did you learn Elvish?

Rhylan: What? What do you mean?

Mansoor: You must be shpeaking Elvish because your lipsh are moving but I don't undershtand the shounds that are coming out of them.

Rhylan: Look who's talking!

Hydraulix: Warforged don't have lips.

Mansoor: ShH! You're detracting from my point!

Negahertz: The only point I see is that huge one between your ears.

Rhylan: Right? *high fives Negahertz*

Mansoor: O. M. G. You guys are driving me crazy!

Briari: Maybe you should have another drink?

Negahertz: After nine deaths, what could it hurt?

Mansoor: I only died eight times!

Negahertz: And you're admitting to that? *holds hand up to Rhylan* Fives!

Mansoor: Well I guessh it could have been worse. I could have died a lot more if we hadn't prevented those Hezshrou from shpawning by holding off lighting the wards until the very end.

Hydraulix: Yeah... about that... pretty sure that tavern tale was tavern bullsh-

Briari: Hey! How was I to know Baudry made all that up!

Mansoor: You mean... I didn't... have to die... EIGHT FREAKING TIMES!

Briari: Well...

Negahertz: Don't worry. The way you were stumblin' around you would have died eight times regardless.

Mansoor: Um... thanks?

Negahertz: No problem, buddy. No problem at all.

Mansoor: I hate you.

Negahertz: Don't fret, buddy. You've suffered such severe head trauma from all those champion Hezrous that you won't even remember this conversation.

After repairing, repairing, then repairing some more, the intrepid artis went Beyond the Rift (elite) to fight their way through the Demonweb and slaughter as many unwitting Drow as possible as revenge upon Lolth and her uppity cousin for causing the repeated deaths of the artificers in the prior quest. Once a sufficient number of Drow had been sacrificed on the altar of Revenge & Trauma, the artis "freed" a young "muse" named Anna who was held in protective custody from... errrrrr... held as a prisoner by the Drow, and presented her to Elminster (who has apparently never heard of JDate) upon exiting into the wondrous realm of... well... I've already forgotten.

After playing the pimp for Elminster, wandering the village, counting tressyms, bartering with the locals, and peeing in the river (Negahertz: What the Inferno, Briari! Were you raised on a boat?), the artis bid adieu to Anna and her *cough* mentor *cough* Elminster and returned to Eberron to complete Sinister Storage (elite) and Fear Factory (elite). At some point in Fear Factory, Mansoor's liver gave out and he collapsed and had to be dragged to the end of the quest, carried like a sack of drunken potatoes over Hydraulix's shoulder.

The Horror Neihoden: AND NOW YOU DIE!!! I WILL... hey what's wrong with the little guy?

Mansoor: Bleargh!

The Horror Neihoden: OMG! You just spit up all over me! What the heck dude??!

Hydraulix: Not sure what you're complainin' about... he got the back of my leg.

Mansoor: bur.. hurr... huh?

The Horror Neihoden: But he just splashed me with vomit!

Negahertz: Really? Seriously? We've just waded through five miles of sewer, got puked on by every taken and tharaak hound in Stormreach, and you're complaining about a little backsplash from Mansoor? You call yourself a boss? Morley Blode had more backbone than you do!

The Horror Neihoden: Yeah... but... c'mon... that's just gross!

Mansoor (hanging overHydraulix's shoulder): *grins and flashes double thumbs up* Yeah... baby!

The Horror Neihoden: Wow. Steal my entire schtick why don't you?

At the end of the evening the rest of the group leveled to 18 and Mansoor was put to bed in one of the guild ship's berths, although he awoke on the floorboards of the deck stark naked, except for his Lucid Dreams, lying in a pool of his own making. He has very few recollections of the evening and still wonders how he got those bumps on his head.
    Last edited by Postumus; 07-16-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast