Community Member

Thumbs down Store Sells +3 Gear

I just received an e-mail from DDO announcing the sale of +3 Weapons, Armor and Ammo. Is this game getting so those with deep pockets will have an advantage over us poor slobs?
    I don't accept blind invites. Send me a Tell outlining what you plan. Then I will decide to accept or not.
    <*}}}}}<

Community Member

Vanilla +X weapons are mostly vendor trash though. So it's more like a scam to get people dumb enough to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by HamHamJ View Post
    Vanilla +X weapons are mostly vendor trash though. So it's more like a scam to get people dumb enough to buy it.
    QFT. +1, +2, or +3 weapons are so rediculously easy to get (and so rediculously overpriced in the turbine store) that it is just the thing to get a newb to spend his hard won favor points on, and then turn them off to the game once they realise how stupid a purchase they are.

Edit: Especially since there are vendors that sell an unlimited number of +1 and +2 weapons and armours of all types for base price...
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    QFT. +1, +2, or +3 weapons are so rediculously easy to get (and so rediculously overpriced in the turbine store) that it is just the thing to get a newb to spend his hard won favor points on, and then turn them off to the game once they realise how stupid a purchase they are.

Edit: Especially since there are vendors that sell an unlimited number of +1 and +2 weapons and armours of all types for base price...
    This is just the start. Will players be so sanguine when the store starts selling +20 Mighty Sword of Awesome Power? It's just 2000 TPs.
    I don't accept blind invites. Send me a Tell outlining what you plan. Then I will decide to accept or not.
    <*}}}}}<

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

The worst thing about selling +3 gear is when players realize its **** they may get ****ed at turbine and leave the game.

But yes, given the creap (+2 tome weekend anyone?) I have no doubt that eventually I will be able to by my ever alusive large scales in the store.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    The worst thing about selling +3 gear is when players realize its **** they may get ****ed at turbine and leave the game.

But yes, given the creap (+2 tome weekend anyone?) I have no doubt that eventually I will be able to by my ever alusive large scales in the store.
    Skip the scales and just buy completed raid loot. Coming to a DDO Store near you Soon(er).
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Eventually, we can just buy full-favor, level 20, fully geared characters that have accomplished everything there is to accomplish in game. It initially comes with a sense of accomplishment, and then quickly turns to boredom (All included for free!). All the experiuence of playing DDO for months/years without any of the time investment!

If you act now, they'll throw in "Spouse/significant other complains you pay more attention to the game than them" *AND* carpel tunnel syndrome for free ^_^!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    Eventually, we can just buy full-favor, level 20, fully geared characters that have accomplished everything there is to accomplish in game. It initially comes with a sense of accomplishment, and then quickly turns to boredom (All included for free!). All the experiuence of playing DDO for months/years without any of the time investment!

If you act now, they'll throw in "Spouse/significant other complains you pay more attention to the game than them" *AND* carpel tunnel syndrome for free ^_^!
    Funny thing is if you pay a plat farmer to level you are breaking the rules, but if Turbine sells the same it will be lauded as a brilliant game changing decision. I do not endorse using plat farmers to level.

Well think how much they could sell capped toons for. I mean for many years people were selling capped WOW toons on Ebay for over $1000. That was back when the cap was 60 and took like a week to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

It's just more evidence of that slope, the +1 through +3 gear is trash but the +2 tome sure wasnt and only time will tell if they sell more useful stuff or not of course the prirate bandana was pretty useful to.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    It's just more evidence of that slope, the +1 through +3 gear is trash but the +2 tome sure wasnt and only time will tell if they sell more useful stuff or not of course the prirate bandana was pretty useful to.
    Lets not forget 32 PT builds and the purchasing of veteran status.