Default still no bank slots in store

Read the latest announcement about new items in the DDO store with eager anticipation...

but... still no ability to buy the extra 10 bank slots in the store? Or did I just miss it in the announcement?

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garth_of_Sarlona View Post
    Read the latest announcement about new items in the DDO store with eager anticipation...

but... still no ability to buy the extra 10 bank slots in the store? Or did I just miss it in the announcement?

Garth

Good question, please reply Dev's!!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Marketing - DDO Store

Default Shared Bank Space (+10 Slots) COMING SOON!

Find out more about the upcoming Shared Bank Space (+10 Slots)... CLICK HERE!

Make the space expensive enough lol???
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    I can hear Earl Scheib in my head:

"I can give you more bank space for the low price of only 995 Turbine points".

Me I think of it this way they are giving me twice as many points this month and next, and that will pay for the extra shared bank space with a few points left over .

Barumar

~100 pts PER extra slot...wowzers!

Fail-burger covered in Weak-sauce. lol
    -KHYBER- Current Mains: Dios D'Muerte - Barb>FvS>Bard>Wiz>Art / Deeos D'Muerte - 20 Ninja(TR2) / Draugar D'Muerte - 20 Ninja (TR1) .Deyna D'Muerte - 20 Assassin x3 (TR2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ..Got a lunch break? A smoke break? You too can conspire with bacon

2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council Kwyjibo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    No kidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyk0sisS View Post
    ~100 pts PER extra slot...wowzers!

Fail-burger covered in Weak-sauce. lol
    Unlike most other things for sale: it is not a consumable, not bound to a single character, doesn't get lost when you delete a character, or have to be traded around to be used by all your characters.

Conspiracy nut theory:
    I am more concerned about the "No Candy Canes" from Festivult, yet there they are for sale in the store. What a weak-ass explanation that they "forgot".
    It seems that they were more concerned with nerfing our existing equipment (rez cakes [level 5 spell] are searing light [level 3 spell]?) to force us to buy from the store. Hmm, you can get rez cakes from the store but not searing light... Seriously, Searing Light? What the **** were you thinking??? Yeah, we know that they would change slightly, but it seems Santa was replaced by Scrooge or Jack.

So much for the store not impacting what is available in the game. I can't wait for them to decide that existing +2 tomes will now become a Blessed Book so you have to buy them from the store to get them. "The moons have aligned and changed the magic of the books" - or some such nonsense.

/Conspiracy
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Conspiracy nut theory:
    I am more concerned about the "No Candy Canes" from Festivult, yet there they are for sale in the store. What a weak-ass explanation that they "forgot".
    It seems that they were more concerned with nerfing our existing equipment (rez cakes [level 5 spell] are searing light [level 3 spell]?) to force us to buy from the store. Hmm, you can get rez cakes from the store but not searing light... Seriously, Searing Light? What the **** were you thinking??? Yeah, we know that they would change slightly, but it seems Santa was replaced by Scrooge or Jack.

So much for the store not impacting what is available in the game. I can't wait for them to decide that existing +2 tomes will now become a Blessed Book so you have to buy them from the store to get them. "The moons have aligned and changed the magic of the books" - or some such nonsense.

/Conspiracy
    Dark,

This is EXACTLY what happened. Exactly. No one forgot. No one failed to consider it. They knew that having an item from a coin that competed with wands, or other items from the DDO store is a bad idea.

The candy canes were more than a very popular drop. They were PLENTIFUL as a drop. Both of the previous years I have had two pages in my bank space filled with them. I gave an old one to a noob two months ago that had 20 charges left on it. I still have some in the bank.

Now...what is my incentive to BUY any more of them? None, if I can get them for free from the Jester. What is my incentive to buy any res cakes from the store, if I have res cakes already? Nearly none (but...Store bought cakes can be used when you are dead, on yourself...but not underwater...)

This is not a dark theory...it is eliminating all the possible reasons by observation, and what you have left is they did it as part of their marketing. Thats not evil, it just is. The cutesy "we forgot" line is the evil part, but even then, someone may have just said that to our Sales Rep, and thats the answer we got.

muffinmarket.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterC View Post
    That is cheating.. making the Candy cane an item to buy at the store is very mean. It used to be free for everyone collecting coins for the holiday.

OK, I'm glad to see the shared bank space becoming available 11/30. My only question is, can it be purchased more than once?

Say I want 20 extra shared bank slots, can I purchase 2 of the 10-slot spaces, or is there a limit to how many extra shared bank slots are available to one account?
    Weiquinn (Ranger 20) Syris (Ranger 18/Rogue 2) Vaconmorte (Ranger 13/Rogue 2) Longthorne (Barbarian 15) Neckron (Ranger 12/Rogue 3) Ryeva (Druid 17) Shandrea (Ranger 6/Rogue 1/Artificer 1) Solegiallo (Cleric 15)
    Torsade (Fighter 18) Gammor (Barbarian 8) Luceille (Bard 15)

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterC View Post
    Wow, bad.

As one who was entirely for, and made threads suggesting the idea of the shared bank. I find it disgusting how you implemented it. The tiny shared bank that you have right now is what I would expect F2P to get. Subscribers should get at least 10 shared slots, +5 extra per character slot available in their account. So, if they have 5 characters, but can have up to 10, give them 60 slots. And then add in the extra slots to buy, as many times as you may want. And then lower the cost by, oh, 2/3 to 3/4...

The DDO store is a good idea, but your making some of the prices just ridiculous.

Question

Hi, i was wondering if someone could tell me if i am looking in the wrong spot or if the 20 bank slot that is on sale, isn't in the store yet? Thank you for your time.

Thank you for putting shared bank expansion in the store, but I think the price is a little high - I would have expected half that price or even lower, especially since you could buy 2 character slots for the same price and get 6 normal bank tabs for that.

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Unlike most other things for sale: it is not a consumable, not bound to a single character, doesn't get lost when you delete a character, or have to be traded around to be used by all your characters.

Conspiracy nut theory:
    ...joke removed...
    /Conspiracy
    I feel special. -50 rep from one person for a joke ("conspiracy theory" is a clue )

Of course it could have been a negative from someone wearing a tin foil hat.

To quote someone:
    Love your work.

Back on subject (my first lines where I think the price is suitable): I noticed that the initial 20 slots is 1495 and adding 10 more is 995. You would think adding more would be cheaper (1/2 the cost of 20 slots), but I guess they are working the pricing as diminishing returns (like when you get greater enhancements it costs even more to get the same amount added).
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Question Extended Shared Bank space...

Can someone confirm that this is Account based? I play on several servers and am hoping this is the case. About to log-in and find out though.

----> CASE.
    SARLONA: Mythical- Kace, Axle, Boarshead, Dweomer. Lloth's Children- Imperel, Grumph, Shaydes. ARGO: DRAGON- Drygaien, MPAKT. Warrior's Soul- Dweomer, Phealer, Quickkick, UrsaMajor. THELANIS:Mror Hold- Mhjolnir, Ollyver, Tuskso. Knights of Stormreach- Halisstraa, Razorred. KHYBER:Dwarven Defenders- Numberz, AlphaBits, DeuxNombres, Lilbastich, Rowaan.

Yes the notes say 20 bank slots at 1100+ points, would like to know what this is about and where it is at?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.
    Master of the Tower
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=203205

So my guildies let me know that the plus 20 is really the first 20 for FTP.

Turbine please label this better.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.
    Master of the Tower
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=203205

Quote Originally Posted by irivan View Post
    So my guildies let me know that the plus 20 is really the first 20 for FTP.

Turbine please label this better.

Thank you.
    I just bought the extra 10 slots, so now I have 30. Was quick and easy to do, and as I said above as they gave me double this month and last it kind of paid for itself - besides being free as I am pay to play...

Now I can share more 'stuff' between my alts

Barumar