Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Thelanis Guild Size Stats

Based on the new http://my.ddo.com/leaderboard/guild/ site. This appears to be much more accurate than MyDDO for guild numbers and includes numbers for the previously bugged guilds.

793 Storm Lords
    781 C.L.A.W.
    749 The Sublime Permadeath Guild
    725 Alpha
    719 The Exploration Society
    634 The Wild Bunch
    625 Brotherhood of Blood Xoriat
    548 Old school gamers
    539 monty python's flying circus
    537 Az Inc.
    517 Bane
    514 Inferus Sus
    452 Legion
    421 Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo
    385 Maelstrom Tharashk
    375 Smokey's guild
    367 The Madborn
    362 Erebus
    357 Cradle Of Life
    348 Order of the Sword and Rose
    340 Children and Monsters
    334 Dead Blades
    317 The order of the Wolfpack
    316 Archangels
    312 Stormhaven
    Last edited by KingOfCheese; 07-06-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

The above list accounts for a little over 10,000 characters. Assuming an average of 5 characters per player (maybe a bad assumption), that is about 2500 players.

Turbine suggested recently in press releases that there are hundreds of thousands of players. Assuming a somewhat even distribution among servers, that would mean that there are many tens of thousands (at least) players on Thelanis. If that is the case, than only a minority of players are in the established guilds. Interesting.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

#4 scares me.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Default Made me smile

Wow, that's cool to see the numbers. Thanks KoCheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwesiela View Post
    #4 scares me.
    I suspect Smokey's may actually have the most players of any guild. Smokey's has a lot of newer players which, I suspect, don't have that many characters per player (yet). I know that the other high population guilds are loaded with lots of very experienced players, many of which have 5-20+ characters per player. For example, I'd guess Legion averages 10+ characters per player so the 400ish characters probably represents less than 40 people. I'd guess that Smokey's 400ish characters represents at least 100 people. Storm Lords may be close--but if I had to place a bet, I'd guess Smokey's has the most players right now.

As a new guild, with lots of less experienced players, that will probably change over time. Groups will fraction off and form their own guilds, etc.

The other surprise here was The Tree House. I don't remember them being around before, but they are quickly rising up the population ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
    As a new guild, with lots of less experienced players, that will probably change over time. Groups will fraction off and form their own guilds, etc.

The other surprise here was The Tree House. I don't remember them being around before, but they are quickly rising up the population ranks.
    Makes you wonder how they're recruiting. Well, not really I guess.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Pwesiela is correct.

Thanks for pulling that info together. I love that kind of stuff.

As an aside, Legion automatically deletes any Guild toon that has not logged in game in 6 months. We've deleted hundreds of toons from the Roster which helps keep it clean.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post

As an aside, Legion automatically deletes any Guild toon that has not logged in game in 6 months. We've deleted hundreds of toons from the Roster which helps keep it clean.
    Good point, Ren. Pestilence has deleted millions of toons, but now that Niq has a new girlfriend, our numbers will become relatively static.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Good point, Ren. Pestilence has deleted millions of toons, but now that Niq has a new girlfriend, our numbers will become relatively static.
    Unless Niq has his way and you get little pestilences running around...
    Archangels
    Pwesiela is correct.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post

I just appreciate the list, cause I have never heard of 60% of them,

ex: 168 Alliance Francophone has more members then ATD, yet I cant say I have ever seen an alliance Francophone standing in meridia/ or at AH but who knows maybe they are out there

jrp
    Last edited by juniorpfactors; 11-04-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpfactors View Post
    I just appreciate the list, cause I have never heard of 60% of them,

ex: 168 Alliance Francophone has more members then ATD, yet I cant say I have ever seen an alliance Francophone standing in meridia/ or at AH but who knows maybe they are out there

jrp
    I see them often enough, way more than ATD. I suspect AF has more active players, not just a roster, at least from my observations.

The AF I've run with are pretty good players to boot.

The Tree House is the only guild larger than my own that I've never really heard/seen. But like it was said earlier, it probably has a majority of new players/low level toons in it, and I've not done a whole lot of low level grouping since the update.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    I see them often enough, way more than ATD. I suspect AF has more active players, not just a roster, at least from my observations.

The AF I've run with are pretty good players to boot.
    I am sure the next time I load in,,,tonight,,, i will see an entire marketplace of AF

jrp

I am sure the next time I load in,,,tonight,,, i will see an entire marketplace of AF

jrp
    Maybe....?

You should try, then PM and let me know if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Maybe....?

You should try, then PM and let me know if it happened.
    cant pm you in game...no idea who your toons are or your guild is? maybe you are the Guild leader of France Phono

jrp

cant pm you in game...no idea who your toons are or your guild is? maybe you are the Guild leader of France Phono

jrp
    That's called mail...or /tells. One or the other. PMs happen on the forum. I'll see if I can find a youtube video that walks you through the process. I'll *mail* you a walkthrough link, in game, as soon as I find it (that way, you have one of my toons). Then you can PM me here and let me know what happened with the whole "in the marketplace surrounded by AF" prediction.

Edit: mail sent.
    Last edited by Delt; 11-04-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Just a note for mindflayers. Our guild leader has a habit of not booting characters. Even those who have not logged in in 3 years.
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pwesiela View Post
    The Tree House is the only guild larger than my own that I've never really heard/seen.
    Buy a lottery ticket now, for you are a very lucky person.

The list is definitely missing some guilds, for whatever reason. I know for sure it's missing at least a couple that have maybe 10 characters in it since I grouped with those recently and looked them up. Though, they might just be too new to be in the last guild update or something.
    I can dodge fireballs, baby!
    "When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown-up."

Talking Nice

Nice list, oh "Lord of Lindbergh"; keep it up and you should get the forum title of MyDDO Statistician. Definitely keeps me entertained in the few moments I am trapped at work but can still read/post. I believe I have played with a member of nearly every guild on that list at least a couple times when I feel the need to go mercenary and I think it represents Thelanis fairly well.
    Current Project: Cercivesoul Uzuaki 17 Fav. Soul / 2 Monk / 1 Fighter
    Cersivsoul Uzuaki 20 Fav. Soul
    "Spreading ignorance and chaos among the forum community."

The Bane list will only consist of people that have logged in the last month. Once you hit one month without giving notice your characters are booted. They will welcome you back but they don't keep inactive people on the guild list.

Also King, populations are rarely distributed evenly among servers. You will find that on all games the most populous server is the one that appears on top the first time you log into the game. In the case of DDO it's alphabetical order. So go down that list alphabetically and you will know in what order the populations go. I'm sure the population of Argo is much much larger than Thelanis.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast