Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vorpal, Paralyzing, Disruption f2p question

Are these attainable as f2p or do i need to get an adventure pack to get them, i'm level 13 and haven't seen anything cool drop like this. Any suggestions on packs to get them in if they're not gettable in f2p.

Check the AH or the House D brokers. As for getting them as a reward, I dont think F2P are blocked from getting them.
    Last edited by malthusian01; 11-03-2009 at 05:36 AM.
    Helbrimm- WF Wiz/Rogue (retired) Hellbrim-WF Sorcerer

Member of <o>

I'm vip and i haven't seen any of them drop either, the loot gods just hate you(and me)
    Rule one: never act incautiously when confronting a little bald wrinkly smiling old man. ~ Terry Pratchett

i'm figuring they drop in quests higher than the level you need them for, kinda like getting a level 4 flaming light mace of pure good for skyros jewel, would have been awesome at level 4, but its a level 10 quest, what good is it now? anyone ever get one of these weapons as a reward or out of a chest? where at?

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

All of those items are random drops, you just need to get lucky.

I started the game when the level cap was 10... and those things were precious and rare. The way the loot tables are built they don't fall very often until you hit the level 12+ quests (gianthold, necro 4, etc) so you should start to see them more now as you continue to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Moldar View Post
    i'm figuring they drop in quests higher than the level you need them for, kinda like getting a level 4 flaming light mace of pure good for skyros jewel, would have been awesome at level 4, but its a level 10 quest, what good is it now?
    The way the loot table is set up, yes, it is easier to get good low level weapons and armor from mid level quests. Oddly the weapons from high level chests are more expensive but not necessarily better than the mid chests loot because of the way random loot works in this game. Most people hold on to anything particularily good they get and pass it on to their next character.
    Last edited by Lorien_the_First_One; 11-03-2009 at 06:01 AM.

Pretty sure I got a para mace out of a house k quest. Vorpals and disruptors are just rare. As you get higher they can drop more often but I think the lower lvl ones (ml 8, maybe lower, no idea) are pretty scarce. I have seen vorpals and disruptors drop in Vale and gianthold (ml 12), but they were highish lvl quests. Get the packs you want to play, dont bother trying to chase after a random drop chance. You could run a quest I pull a vorp in 1000x and never get one or you could pull 3 from one quest. I do recommend the vale though, alot of replayability, and I *think* it has a few raids (Sub is part of vale ya?) and many things to do, and you can make weapons that will be great against things where vorpals ect are useless (and great items too). Even the explorers are fun. Gianthold is another one thats alot of fun, mid lvl. many quests that many people do regularly, and a raid.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Are these attainable as f2p or do i need to get an adventure pack to get them, i'm level 13 and haven't seen anything cool drop like this. Any suggestions on packs to get them in if they're not gettable in f2p.
    They drop much more frequently at higher levels. In the new Harbor content, everyone in a PUG I ran pulled at least one several days ago. I think I pulled ~7 in 2+ years before Shroud; and 2 +1 tomes.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

I've only run Giant hold a few times like 3-4 quests once and yeah that's not enough to pull one of those power weapons, but lemme tell you.. I think of all of them the best one is the Paralyzer... Sure Vorpal sounds great but I don't roll a lot of 20's now paralyzing whole mobs... is a thing of beauty. Disrupters.. seem to work great when the mobs are lower level then say the lvl 5-9 quests but man are they resistant on higher lvl. That being said.. Glad I had a disrupting handaxe for madstone crater for all those Huge Skellys.. I couldn't really see the damage I was doing very well, but seeing them turn green and disappearing.. Priceless!!

From what I'm seeing the "best stuff" I get from chests seem to be ML at least 4 levels below the level of the quest.. so yeah from lvl 14 Giant hold quests I've go ML 10 gear. I'm no expert being very new but hang in there it'll happen.
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

I've never seen one of those weapons drop (highest character is level 16, just started Gianthold quests this week). I do have a full set of them, but bought them off the AH. Just decide what you want, and check the AH frequently (you can narrow the search a bit by choosing, say, level 10+ Longswords or Sickles if you're looking for a vorpal, as it only comes on slashing weapons).

I've had the best luck finding affordable paralyzers in the form of light maces, but YMMV.

Community Member

To the OP: the weapons you are asking about can drop in f2p content, but are more likely to drop in adventure packs such as: Gianthold, Vale of Twilight, Reaver's Refuge, Shavarath, and the Sands of Menechtaraun.

I believe Invaders! in the Harbor is f2p, if you really run and re-run that quest on elite you will likely eventually see one of these weapons.
    Last edited by Tarrant; 11-04-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    I believe Invaders! in the Harbor is f2p, if you really run and re-run that quest on elite you will likely eventually see one of these weapons.
    Pretty purple balls... I must stand in them....

Just to bring us back on topic... This is another reason to join an established guild. If you frequently find yourself running into a guild where you enjoy running with most of the people with that guild label, ask one of them about joining.

Not only will that improve your grouping from then on, most established guilds are quite happy to help equip new players. Often a vet's "throw away" items are quite valuable to newer players (for example the vet wants a +1 vorpal ML10, or race required ML8, he doesn't want that +1 vorpal of deception ML12) and sometimes we have stockpiles of stuff we really don't need but hang on to "just in case".

OP, I'll just weigh in here to confirm that the advice you've recieved on this thread is spot on with regards to where you can find the weapons you're looking for.
    Last edited by wamjratl1; 11-04-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    Maveriq Wiley... Benefaqtor... Spyqe... Masqot Von Chaedence...
    Ghallanda

Trade List

Casual player since two days after head start (three, almost fours years ago)

I've pulled 2 paralyzers, 3(4?) disruptors, 0 vorpals, 1 smiter and 1 banisher.

1 para, 1 smiter and 2 disruptors since Mod9/DDO-EU.
    They are rare.
    The higher the level dungeon the better the chance.
    The larger the number of chests the better the chance.

Check the simple weapons on the AH for disruptors. Since it activates on every hit and the targets aren't critable (except for burst effects) simple weapon disruptors are mostly as good as martial.

Many people don't like Bastards Swords due to the higher DPS of Khopeshes (which is valid) but if you are looking for specialized effects (Paralyzer, Smiter, etc) BS are cheaper on the AH (and more get sold to the vendors), if you can afford the feat or have a high enough attack bonus to not care about the -4.
    Select one of the fabulous signatures from the list of your characters below!
    You have no characters
    Then what game was I playing last night

Quote Originally Posted by Taluron View Post
    Check the simple weapons on the AH for disruptors. Since it activates on every hit and the targets aren't critable (except for burst effects) simple weapon disruptors are mostly as good as martial.

Many people don't like Bastards Swords due to the higher DPS of Khopeshes (which is valid) but if you are looking for specialized effects (Paralyzer, Smiter, etc) BS are cheaper on the AH (and more get sold to the vendors), if you can afford the feat or have a high enough attack bonus to not care about the -4.
    Good advice.

Also check the weapon's brokers in House D, the Shav, and the Inspired Quarter (last 2 are paid areas) as some of these "less popular" versions of powerful weapons are sold to the brokers by players who have a stockpile of this type of weapon.

If you're on Thelanis, I've got a para you can have for free. PM toon name and I'll mail it to ya.

Community Member amethystdragon's Avatar

Just because you are on a F2P account does not mean that you can not own these items. These items drop in some of the higher level content. The first Vorpal that I pulled was in Gianthold. At level 13 you are high enough level to go out to Gianthold. Good luck with your loot drops, had try to have as much fun as you can.
    Your complaint has been lodged, duly noted, and swiftly rejected.

Sometimes you just have to laugh, because everything else is illegal.

Default Thanks

I wasn't able to get back to this post til just now, but I'm very grateful for all the feedback from those who contributed. Sounds like gianthold might be my first purchase. thx again everyone.

Red face Just adding up...

I got my +2 Para Rapier from Stormcleave end reward chest...forgot was it norm, hard or leet though.

Quote Originally Posted by pwesiela View Post
    mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

As An Aside, This Forum Needs A More...evil Smiley Face To Complement The :d And .
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast