Community Member
    Mines of Moria, post Bilbo pre Sauron's attempted return.

Default Forum Reputation Points

What do they do? Are there milestones which award you TP (this is a joke, but I do wonder if hitting 100 rep gives you anything)? How does one get more green/red squares?

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Yeah I think it is something like 100, 200 and 300 for a new green box and then it pops to 200 rep pts for a new green box after that ... at 1500 you can hand out *gasp* negative rep.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Community Member

crud 7 more points

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Chonas View Post
    crud 7 more points
    LOL. Looks like you are all good.

Community Member

what the heck i just jumped up by like 50. . . which is more than any other post has given me ever. Even the breakdown of favor grinding I did that took me 4 hours

Side note thanks everyone for the bump I'm 1 step closer to winning the internet now.

what the heck i just jumped up by like 50. . . which is more than any other post has given me ever. Even the breakdown of favor grinding I did that took me 4 hours

Side note thanks everyone for the bump I'm 1 step closer to winning the internet now.
    If i remember correctly...and I may be wrong. I have a bad habit of partially remembering things . I think the amount your # jumps up is according to the person the gives you rep? If they have a lot of rep...and how much you've given out.
    Retired: Forum slacker

Quote Originally Posted by bartcom2000 View Post
    ...and i do swallow!

Reputation is a weird thing.

From my purely anecdotal analysis (not scientific), reputation comes from: 30% providing advice and helpful posts and analysis; and 70% saying something funny or clever.

This is countered by negative reputation, which seems to come from: 50% flame wars; 25% unproductive, vulgar, or unnecessarily negative posts; and 25% forum rules violations.

Most of the people with the highest rep, from my perspective, are people you can count on to give solid advice and game help. In that sense the system is working well.

Also, the biggest neg rep people seem to get culled out and eliminated from the forums. Also working well.

There are some exceptions to all of the above, however.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

FEEL the POWER!

How much rep you get depends on the rep of the giver; people like Borror or Aspenor (or even me) will give more reputation per use than you would, so probably one of those people repped you.

Caine - you are correct - the higher the reputation of the person who is giving you rep then the more you will receive...sort of like those people's opinion is more 'valued' than others because more people on the forums have given them positive reputation.

Proud Officer of Attacks the Darkness
    Glorious * Glorie * Gloried * Glorisai * Gloreia * Hallows * Thayill * Sargavand * Murella * Maudalin
    If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit by me

Community Member

I thought this might be the case. Since I recently lost 7 rep points I looked through all my old posts to find where it was. . . The post in question had only one detractor following it, and the post was about a misunderstanding I had about the thread topic. I wondered if there were 7 people who disagreed, or if it was just the one. Thanks for clearing that mystery up. It's also nice to know that my >100 posts a month are getting me green boxes on a website .

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Caine - you are correct - the higher the reputation of the person who is giving you rep then the more you will receive...sort of like those people's opinion is more 'valued' than others because more people on the forums have given them positive reputation.

So I was remembering right....whodathunkit
    Retired: Forum slacker

Quote Originally Posted by bartcom2000 View Post
    ...and i do swallow!

Community Member

Talking

I seem to have received two red boxes. One I understand, it was for a post I would not have made had I been aware of certain conventions regarding tells. The second was for "Am I correct in assuming voice chat is used only in groups?" I just noticed I received a red and green box for my comments that drops at Korthos seemed to have been nerfed. "Has anybody noticed they have Nerfed the drops on Korthos since the upgrade and the appearance of +3 gear in the Stores?" I don't understand what was wrong with those two posts
    All this reputation seems so subjective as to be meaningless. I bet I get a red box for this post also.
    Last edited by FarOutFish; 11-11-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    I don't accept blind invites. Send me a Tell outlining what you plan. Then I will decide to accept or not.
    <*}}}}}<