Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 109
  1. #41
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t3pt6k View Post
    Just to clarify tomorrow's hot-fix is not patch day?

    I think this is a fair and fine compromise. Thank you.
    No tomorrow is not "the" patch that will change the tomes

  2. #42
    Community Member t3pt6k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    No tomorrow is not "the" patch that will change the tomes
    Thanks for the quick reply Tolero. That means I can actually get some sleep tonight!
    Legendary Knights ~ Leader
    Bossanova DiskohFandangoDrowfeelCancanRumbahBreak Watusi Polka Merengue Monstermash ◊ Habanera Soultrayne Flamenco

  3. #43
    Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Scotland...land of Buckfast.
    Posts
    7,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    No tomorrow is not "the" patch that will change the tomes
    Will tomorrow fix "The" Shroud?

    Wrong place to ax I know but...
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

  4. #44
    Community Member Pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,763

    Default

    Can't say that I find this a beneficial change, as it was well discussed on the forums and in-game that the tome nerf was coming.

    You just can't stockpile any sort of item in DDO as everything either loses its value or is nerfed. Waiting for large scales to come into the store next, as that's all that's really left. Maybe they'll drop in 10 stacks in the next update?

    Now if you made +2 no min level tomes work until after reincarnation was in, that would be fair.
    Thanks for the long time forum user purge of Aug '10 (Sarcasm for those who don't get it)

  5. #45
    Community Member KoboldKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The 9th circle of hell.
    Posts
    7,055

    Default

    I'm going to make this simple. Things change due to unforeseen complications or unbalancing issues that arise farther down the road. Not all changes will make people happy or are asked for. Nothing in this world is perfect including games. Either you adapt to the changes or you don't, that is your choice. So you can adapt and stay or refuse and leave, pretty simple.


    This brings me to another subject related to this topic, perception. You perceive the plat you spent or items you traded for those tomes as a loss now. I see it as you gained several +2 tomes that many players do not have and I am sure would love to have. You perceive WoP worthless just because they do not kill now, yet again I am sure there are plenty of people willing to take those off your hands but I'm guessing even though you say they are worthless you aren't going to just give them up.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

  6. #46
    Community Member Junts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    I'm going to make this simple. Things change due to unforeseen complications or unbalancing issues that arise farther down the road. Not all changes will make people happy or are asked for. Nothing in this world is perfect including games. Either you adapt to the changes or you don't, that is your choice. So you can adapt and stay or refuse and leave, pretty simple.


    This brings me to another subject related to this topic, perception. You perceive the plat you spent or items you traded for those tomes as a loss now. I see it as you gained several +2 tomes that many players do not have and I am sure would love to have. You perceive WoP worthless just because they do not kill now, yet again I am sure there are plenty of people willing to take those off your hands but I'm guessing even though you say they are worthless you aren't going to just give them up.
    worth less, not worthless.

    I may not trade my wop rapier, but if i did, it'd no longer get me the 48 larges I paid for it.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    You perceive WoP worthless just because they do not kill now, yet again I am sure there are plenty of people willing to take those off your hands but I'm guessing even though you say they are worthless you aren't going to just give them up.
    Yeah if I had only known before I bound them so they wouldnt take damage I could sell them for a 10th of there original value, and I would too. Again though as simple as you think it is you keep missing the point that its about trust not loot.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    worth less, not worthless.

    I may not trade my wop rapier, but if i did, it'd no longer get me the 48 larges I paid for it.
    So are larges safe? Will turbine promise that larges are safe? Could we trust them if they said that? Are they next to go to "even the playing field"?

  9. #49
    Community Member KoboldKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The 9th circle of hell.
    Posts
    7,055

    Default

    If it's about trust then quit. I play to have fun, I don't stress over whether or not what I make today is going to be viable next year because I know things can change. I play for now not tomorrow. If it bothers you that much then you should leave. I don't see this as the tragedy people are making it out to be.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

  10. #50
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovial View Post
    So are larges safe? Will turbine promise that larges are safe? Could we trust them if they said that? Are they next to go to "even the playing field"?
    you bound +2 tomes?

    no wonder you're so upset.

  11. #51
    Community Member KoboldKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The 9th circle of hell.
    Posts
    7,055

    Default

    And as for stuff effecting me I made two min2 axes including wasting 2 full sets of larges making the wrong shard only to have transmuting get changed. I didn't throw a fit or demand my larges back.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    If it's about trust then quit. I play to have fun, I don't stress over whether or not what I make today is going to be viable next year because I know things can change. I play for now not tomorrow. If it bothers you that much then you should leave. I don't see this as the tragedy people are making it out to be.
    Thats your Advice? I should quit? They have my prepaid money for 5 more months so until then I shall post away. Although I wont tell you to quit for not liking it ( Im nicer than that)

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    And as for stuff effecting me I made two min2 axes including wasting 2 full sets of larges making the wrong shard only to have transmuting get changed. I didn't throw a fit or demand my larges back.
    I too bit it on the min2s (minus the crafting mistake of course)

  13. #53
    Community Member KoboldKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The 9th circle of hell.
    Posts
    7,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovial View Post
    Thats your Advice? I should quit? They have my prepaid money for 5 more months so until then I shall post away. Although I wont tell you to quit for not liking it ( Im nicer than that)



    I too bit it on the min2s (minus the crafting mistake of course)
    Yes that's my advice. If it's too much of an issue for you to get over and takes away from you enjoying the game then quit. I'm not trying to be mean but it's only a game and not worth stressing out about.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

  14. #54
    Community Member Phidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    you bound +2 tomes?

    no wonder you're so upset.
    We're onto the bigger topic of Nerfs - it's not about the tomes alone, you know.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    Yes that's my advice. If it's too much of an issue for you to get over and takes away from you enjoying the game then quit. I'm not trying to be mean but it's only a game and not worth stressing out about.
    Well Ive been playing since beta so I was hoping that turbine would find a way to help me to trust them again somehow before just quitting. I really do love the game but cannot find a way to enjoy playing it anymore. The stress comes from my prepaid status and not being able to switch games for 5 more months since im obviously not going to get this issue addressed. It doesnt help that other players seem to not care when there fellow players get the shaft.

  16. #56
    Hatchery Hero Dark_Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    The only problem is that Turbine has exhausted that patience with the constant nerfing.

    Anyone else get the feeling we're all agreeing, just in a totally unique way?
    Like my stack of Irian rez cakes that now do searing light instead of raise dead? The stack of Dal Quor cakes that used to give you some mana and just has wondrous power now??? It isn't like items in my inventory gained some power or change to an equivalent level spell - they got totally got nerfed (probably to force you to buy those from the store). It is a consumable that, just like the tome levels, wasn't game breaking.

    Did they run out of inventory objects and they have to reuse the same slots? Really, they didn't: It is just assinine behavior by a company who doesn't care about the current players.

    Why do we complain about nerfs? Because maybe someone at the company actually has a heart and will, eventually say "hey, do you think this will hurt the current players? Do we really need to make the change in this manner?"

    Until then, it is all a big joke at our expense.

    I mean, who thinks up these crappy changes?

    /rant off
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

  17. #57
    Community Member eonfreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovial View Post
    Well Ive been playing since beta so I was hoping that turbine would find a way to help me to trust them again somehow before just quitting. I really do love the game but cannot find a way to enjoy playing it anymore. The stress comes from my prepaid status and not being able to switch games for 5 more months since im obviously not going to get this issue addressed. It doesnt help that other players seem to not care when there fellow players get the shaft.
    What is the stress exactly?
    You had a stockpile of non-ML Tomes that you were planning on using on all of your future characters?
    Or
    You had a stockpile of non-ML Tomes you were hoping to be able to sell/trade for higher value then they will be able to command under the new rules?

  18. #58
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Wow, very stand-up move Eladrin!

  19. #59
    Founder & Hero Vordax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Wow, very stand-up move Eladrin!
    QFT!

    Personally I wish the tomes had min levels since day 1, I have a few min lvl 2 int tomes still so I guess I should go use them soon, nice to have a bit of time for this.

    Vordax

    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

  20. #60
    Community Member eonfreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Like my stack of Irian rez cakes that now do searing light instead of raise dead? The stack of Dal Quor cakes that used to give you some mana and just has wondrous power now??? It isn't like items in my inventory gained some power or change to an equivalent level spell - they got totally got nerfed (probably to force you to buy those from the store). It is a consumable that, just like the tome levels, wasn't game breaking.

    Did they run out of inventory objects and they have to reuse the same slots? Really, they didn't: It is just assinine behavior by a company who doesn't care about the current players.

    Why do we complain about nerfs? Because maybe someone at the company actually has a heart and will, eventually say "hey, do you think this will hurt the current players? Do we really need to make the change in this manner?"

    Until then, it is all a big joke at our expense.

    I mean, who thinks up these crappy changes?

    /rant off
    The more I see these angry posts the more I can understand them.
    The idea that the respecs couldn't go on without the sudden need for ML is actually quite laughable. If the system couldn't detect when a player ate a Tome it could just as easily been set up to be ML 1 and presto- no more problem- Tome is assumed at level 1 and no "suppression" necessary.

    I'm not against the change. But I have to agree I don't see the point. Since the "offending objects" were unbound +1 and +2 Tomes that could be found outside of Raid chests and End Rewards this attempt at "balance" seems very ill-conceived and unnecessary.

    Of course, the fact that AH speculators were all up in arms was rather funny, but now Turbine's goodwill gesture has made the trading channels go nuts. It's quite funny. Feels like the NY stock exchange.

    "Unbound - No ML- Ge-uan-ran-teed To Survive the Next Patch or Your Money Back- Tomes. +1's, +2's for all Abilitiy Scores Available!!! What you go? Shroud ingredients? Bloodstones? All Serious Offers Considered!!!

    LOL.
    Let the AH Games begin!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload