Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Retroactive Tome Changes, pt 2

Originally posted here in the "Retroactive Tome Change" thread.

We've done some more investigation, and here's what we're going to do:

Currently on the servers, inherent bonus suppression is applying to all characters. If you ate a no-minimum-level tome two years ago or today and are under the current minimum levels for the bonuses, the inherent bonuses that the tome applied being clamped. (+1 for levels 3-6, +2 for levels 7-10, +3 for levels 11-14, +4 for levels 15-18, and technically +5 for levels 19-20.)

We're going to go implement what was our original plan.

If you ate a no-ML tome (or eat one over the next few days), on patch day the entire bonus will express itself fully, regardless of your character's level. On patch day, any leftover old tomes will be replaced with new tomes (that possess standard minimum levels).

You have a little bit of time to voraciously consume any no-ML tomes you might possess before they're replaced. They'll temporarily be suppressed, but they'll express their full bonuses on patch day. (If you ate a no-ML Intelligence tome, you may want to hold off on leveling until after patch day to get the full bonus.)

When you lesser or greater reincarnate a character, all tomes will be applied using the rules that new tomes follow. (+1 at level 3, +2 at level 7, +3 at level 11, +4 at level 14, +5 at level 19.)

Fair enough. I appreciate that clearly some discussion was put into how to change the game for the better without really screwing over people who had planned on different circumstances.
    Almost nearly always: Ghallanda, THE OLD TIMERS' GUILD
    Most likely: Heisenberg, Landau, Boltzmann, Sommerfeld, Rutherford, Bohr, Tezla, and Dirac.
    But also: Vigner, Minkowski, Schrodinger, Fermi, Hartree, Sternn, Gerlach, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post

If you ate a no-ML tome (or eat one over the next few days), on patch day the entire bonus will express itself fully, regardless of your character's level. On patch day, any leftover old tomes will be replaced with new tomes (that possess standard minimum levels).

You have a little bit of time to voraciously consume any no-ML tomes you might possess before they're replaced. They'll temporarily be suppressed, but they'll express their full bonuses on patch day. (If you ate a no-ML Intelligence tome, you may want to hold off on leveling until after patch day to get the full bonus.)

When you lesser or greater reincarnate a character, all tomes will be applied using the rules that new tomes follow. (+1 at level 3, +2 at level 7, +3 at level 11, +4 at level 14, +5 at level 19.)
    Bravo! Seems clear to me... eat your no ML tomes NOW. You will get the +2 to show up after the patch (no need to level to 7 for it to happen, you get the Xtra skill points). If you do not eat a ML7 will ...poof.. appear on your tome in the bank.
    Cardinaldrew - Badmonkey - Ramblinrose - Heatmonkey - Soulmonkey - Minglle wood - Estimated Prophet - and other monkeys. All deleted for permanent retirement.

Proud Officer --- Archangels---

Thanks for posting Eladrin!

helpful as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

its time for the going out of business sale for no ml tomes

let the blowout begin
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post

let the blowout begin
    Yeah, this is going to be interesting.

wait did he just list +5 tomes
    (+1 at level 3, +2 at level 7, +3 at level 11, +4 at level 14, +5 at level 19.)
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

For all the billions of stealth nerfs that we were given no warning about over the years, this one, that was known and discussed on Llamaland from ages, seems so minor as for me to question why they are bothering with a fix at all.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dasein18 View Post
    Bravo! Seems clear to me... eat your no ML tomes NOW. You will get the +2 to show up after the patch (no need to level to 7 for it to happen, you get the Xtra skill points). If you do not eat a ML7 will ...poof.. appear on your tome in the bank.
    Yup. Now now now. Go go go. This is why I was supposed to be talking about it before to give you time to eat / sell / trade them *slurp*

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

let the blowout begin
    I'm just glad they figured out what caused this 'bug' in the first place.

Lol.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Thanks for the clear explanation

Can you elaborate on the reasoning behind retroactively changing old no-ML tomes? Is it for balancing reasons, or because it's the easiest way for you to accomodate the reincarnation code?

I is confused.

If you can leave the no ML tomes in so they work now (and I don't have to level my toons to 7 to get the benefits) and then work as the new tomes if I reincarnate, why are you changing the no ML tomes at all?

(Again entirely possible I'm missing something) but it seems the change to no ml tomes is being made..so the change can be made? Did a no ml make fun of someone importants mother? Maybe take their lunch money at school? Was one of the Devs frustrated they could never pull one so they're being wiped from the game?

Really not a rant (yes I've got 20 or so in the bank) ,not that important, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post

On patch day, any leftover old tomes will be replaced with new tomes (that possess standard minimum levels).
    Without regard for our promise of them being grandfathered or any regard for the financial losses that many of our customers suffered from it? Any chance you might acually address the problem?
    Last edited by Jovial; 10-29-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    I is confused.

If you can leave the no ML tomes in so they work now (and I don't have to level my toons to 7 to get the benefits) and then work as the new tomes if I reincarnate, why are you changing the no ML tomes at all?

(Again entirely possible I'm missing something) but it seems the change to no ml tomes is being made..so the change can be made? Did a no ml make fun of someone importants mother? Maybe take their lunch money at school? Was one of the Devs frustrated they could never pull one so they're being wiped from the game?

Really not a rant (yes I've got 20 or so in the bank) ,not that important, just curious.
    when people started talking about saving +3/+4 tomes for their second reincarnation things started getting heavy.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

I is confused.

The intent is to have all tomes behave the same way after reincarnate is brought in on a go forward basis. The tomes behaving as they are now was not intended. It appears as though we were suppsoed to get a warning about it before it was implemented, but we got some unexpected behaviour instead.
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

wait did he just list +5 tomes
    Good eye... I want a screen pic of this dropping
    Maybe in Epic quests?
    Cardinaldrew - Badmonkey - Ramblinrose - Heatmonkey - Soulmonkey - Minglle wood - Estimated Prophet - and other monkeys. All deleted for permanent retirement.

Proud Officer --- Archangels---

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    For all the billions of stealth nerfs that we were given no warning about over the years, this one, that was known and discussed on Llamaland from ages, seems so minor as for me to question why they are bothering with a fix at all.

as a gesture of goodwill to those who feel they were wronged and nothing wrong with them doing that.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

When is the "patch day"?

Twitter THAT! B#^ch!

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I don't think they can leave the no ML tomes so they work now. The way I read it, it sounds like it's more something they can do during a patch (unclamp the inherent bonus), and they can only do it now because noone is reincarnated yet. Once people start reincarnating, they won't be able to do it anymore with the current implementation of inherent bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by dasein18 View Post
    Good eye... I want a screen pic of this dropping
    Maybe in Epic quests?
    possibly

Oh Eladrin please tell us where we may find these nice +5 tomes you have so nicely told us about
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast