Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Community Member Shamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (suburbs) Ohio
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Srsly? Raid Loot... Didn't I hear recently: "Watch next they'll put Raid Loot in the DDO store, and when they do I'm quitting, because I worked soooo hard for mine!"

    So now you just want to walk into a "safe" room and turn in a "Coin of I've been p(l)aying this long" and just pick the Raid Loot up outta the chest?? Srsly? Srsly? So yeah.. One could just charge a years VIP amount to their CC.. go play something else for a year.. come back and take 4 tokens into a safe place and come out with 4 pieces of Raid Loot? FUN!!!

    See my previous post about Vanity Items.. not unbalancing at all but some would find it as an incentive.. or what about a "VIP SELECT" shop where these Coins are the admittance fee and in that shop are Resist 30 pots... or scrolls and potions not available in standard shops (like only in drops - maybe not all but some). ~ slightly unbalancing but not so much and can really only visit that store once every 3 months so better stock up.
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

  2. #22
    Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Scotland...land of Buckfast.
    Posts
    7,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I like the idea & the mechanic you suggest - but even at the rate of one every three months, it's overpowered imho. Maybe one every four or six months if it's Raid loot.

    I personally would not mind so much if VIP rewards were a bit more exclusive - like VIP only armor/robe/outfit, weapon, and helm graphics. Something that would be graphically attractive enough (hire a new artist, in other words) to be desirable and instantly identified as a VIP piece of gear. Perhaps give exclusive crafting options for the VIP gear in that proposed room instead of chests?
    Raid loot tokens would be nice, of course they would. I'd say one every six months or even a year.

    But I like Mems fluff idea better. Just something to stand out from both the VIP crowd and the FTP crowd. It's very depressing to stand in TODs hallway surrounded by....well....mirror images.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

  3. #23
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    So the idea here is to give out raid loot for money right? Pretty sure there was a big out cry about the store and that possibility a bit back. So I guess the idea is more palatable if VIP's get it and not anyone else then
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  4. #24
    Community Member Shamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (suburbs) Ohio
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beherit_Baphomar View Post
    Raid loot tokens would be nice, of course they would. I'd say one every six months or even a year.

    But I like Mems fluff idea better. Just something to stand out from both the VIP crowd and the FTP crowd. It's very depressing to stand in TODs hallway surrounded by....well....mirror images.

    YES, I'm sure it is.. hence a VIP Coin of TENSER's Equipment Dye and Transformation... the coin might let you change any one item to one of a different model (same stats and all) or different color.. For example. I haaaaate the look of my +4 Admantine Plate, prefer the model/ color of my +4 Mith Plate of (something), Looooooooove the Mdoel of my +1 Deathblock Plate of (nothing). I'd be deliciously pink if I could change my Adamantine armor (with its DR) into the model used for the Mith Plate,but in the color schema of the Deathblock! If I'm gonna be gimped might as well look good doing it!
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

  5. #25
    Community Member Elsbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia--Get me outta here!
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    I definitely do NOT like the raid loot idea and definitely do like Memnir's vanity items idea. I'd love to be able to paint my DT armor so that I don't look like everybody else.

    ~Anaelsbet~; ~Elsbet~; ~Lilabet~; ~Islabet~; ~Phaeddre~
    ~Ascent~

  6. #26
    Community Member IronAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Personally I feel that for VIP's who have unlocked certain things like drow, 32-point builds, and FS that we should get them account wide and not just one server. Then have the store bought ones only good for one server and not account wide. I feel that we earned those items and should have some benefit. I know I have paid a lot of money for playing and attaining these things. But somebody new can come in pay a couple of bucks and them in a better way than me.

    I really don't care that these things are in the store as it is a way for Turbine to make some cash, which makes the game better and better (hopefully) But, really A VIP or even f2p should get account wide bonuses for unlocking favor instead of server only. Whereas those that do not grind for favor should buy it one server at a time. (Turbine might make even more money that way.

  7. #27
    Community Member NXPlasmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    /not signed

    looks like someone needs changing...
    On Khyber: Tchopstick, Tablespoon, Pspoon, Tsirio, Silvr, Ladle, Forq, Sporkk, Tspatula

  8. #28
    Community Member Jarlaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamurai View Post

    So now you just want to walk into a "safe" room and turn in a "Coin of I've been p(l)aying this long" and just pick the Raid Loot up outta the chest?? Srsly? Srsly? So yeah.. One could just charge a years VIP amount to their CC.. go play something else for a year.. come back and take 4 tokens into a safe place and come out with 4 pieces of Raid Loot? FUN!!!
    Notice this part?

    Only the raids that you have completed on your character would be accessible.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    I agree that VIPs are getting shafted, but I don't think this is a good solution.
    The best way to make VIP worthwhile is to release so many adventure packs that access to all of them is a serious benefit, and buying the individual packs becomes a poor substitute.

    In a way they've started to do this, by using Epic mode to give old packs long-term value.

  10. #30
    Community Member ahpook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    2,065

    Red face

    I really don't like the idea of free loot for being a VIP. There should be a lot more factors that can be played with to make VIP attractive without giving away Raid Loot.

    Off the top of my head:

    Raid Timers: VIP - 2.8 days (whatever it is now). F2P - 4 days

    Character Transfers: VIP $12.99 F2P $24.95

    Quest Resets: VIP: 5 minutes F2P: 3 minutes

    I am sure that with more than 1 minute of thinking a number of other ideas can be determined that doesn't require raid rewards to characters.

    PS: And of course what A_D said above me.

    PSS: Ransack Counts: VIP: 8 pulls F2P: 5 pulls
    Last edited by ahpook; 10-29-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Color for clarity

  11. #31
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    18,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxis View Post
    Notice this part?

    Only the raids that you have completed on your character would be accessible.
    I still find the prospect of raid loot rewarded for time subscribed is not a good road to travel. Even for a raid already completed. To my way of thinking, it cheapens and devalues raids in general. Why continue to run for the Titan belt when I know I'll be able to just pluck it from a chest eventually? No... not a good idea.

    Yes, VIPs need some beefier incentives - but raid loot should be won by... I dunno... raiding.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .55360.

  12. #32
    Community Member NXPlasmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    I honestly find this thread disturbing. If you don't want to be a "VIP" then go F2P. The whole idea of differentiating the VIPs from the F2Pers is lame IMHO. F2Pers are mostly new players and there is already a big divide between us and them. I don't think adding further differentiation is going to help the game or encourge new players. You get all the content and 500 TP a month, plus early access to new content, AND preferential access to the server. What else would you like princess(es), a(an) tiara(s)?
    On Khyber: Tchopstick, Tablespoon, Pspoon, Tsirio, Silvr, Ladle, Forq, Sporkk, Tspatula

  13. #33
    Community Member Robi3.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In lab Renegadely Making
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    The best way to make VIP worthwhile is to release so many adventure packs that access to all of them is a serious benefit, and buying the individual packs becomes a poor substitute.

    In a way they've started to do this, by using Epic mode to give old packs long-term value.
    More content for everyone is never a bad thing. /signed

    This is probably the best and only solution to the VIP/F2p gap people feel exists

    Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    I really don't like the idea of free loot for being a VIP. There should be a lot more factors that can be played with to make VIP attractive without giving away Raid Loot.

    Off the top of my head:

    Raid Timers: VIP - 2.8 days (whatever it is now).
    F2P - 4 days
    Bad idea

    Character Transfers: VIP $12.99 F2P $24.95
    good idea, discounts on any premium service is a great idea
    Quest Resets: VIP: 5 minutes F2P: 3 minutes
    Not really sure why this would matter to anyone, plus in a group of mixed VIP and F2p at what rate would the instance reset at?

    I am sure that with more than 1 minute of thinking a number of other ideas can be determined that doesn't require raid rewards to characters.

    [snip]

    Edit: Ransack Counts: VIP: 8 pulls F2P: 5 pulls
    This may be a good idea I will have to think about it.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

  14. #34
    Community Member Shamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (suburbs) Ohio
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxis View Post
    Notice this part?

    Only the raids that you have completed on your character would be accessible.
    Okay, I did miss that part... so you hve to run it at least once.. but then what? What would you do for fun? If you're capped.. and now no longer NEED to run a raid (more then once) to get stuff what would you do?
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

  15. #35

    Default

    I'm definitely not in favor of the raid loot idea. Raid loot should be available only by doing a raid. And, no, I'm not a raider.

    I am, however, a big fan of fluff. Vanity items as rewards for x months of being a subscriber is a fine idea. City of Heroes/Villains does this and it has worked very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    The best way to make VIP worthwhile is to release so many adventure packs that access to all of them is a serious benefit, and buying the individual packs becomes a poor substitute.

    In a way they've started to do this, by using Epic mode to give old packs long-term value.
    Absolutely the truth.
    Last edited by ddaedelus; 10-29-2009 at 12:58 PM.

  16. #36
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    The best way to make VIP worthwhile is to release so many adventure packs that access to all of them is a serious benefit, and buying the individual packs becomes a poor substitute.

    In a way they've started to do this, by using Epic mode to give old packs long-term value.
    For sure A_D best way to make VIP a more compelling model is for tons of new content to come out. Then either way people choose to buy Turbine makes money. Now your Epic conversion statement is kind of muddled though as those packs actually cost premium players no more money, but still eat up development time actually increasing the benefit of premium to VIP further instead of changing it in the other direction.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  17. #37
    Community Member IronAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    I honestly find this thread disturbing. If you don't want to be a "VIP" then go F2P. The whole idea of differentiating the VIPs from the F2Pers is lame IMHO. F2Pers are mostly new players and there is already a big divide between us and them. I don't think adding further differentiation is going to help the game or encourge new players. You get all the content and 500 TP a month, plus early access to new content, AND preferential access to the server. What else would you like princess(es), a(an) tiara(s)?
    I think that it is more of the fact that VIP's for all their loyalty (even though some are new) feel like they are getting less benefit than new players. And yes I know we could buy the same stuff, but we are already choosing to pay monthly and have been for awhile. Show some love

  18. #38
    Community Member Jarlaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    129

    Default <shrug>

    As a by the way, I never said do this or else, or this should be done no matter what. But the discussion has been opened about it, and so far the feedback positive or negative has gotten people thinking, coming up with ideas etc, that was the point afterall.

    This is a DDO modified version of the Vet rewards system from Coh/Cov. My alteration isn't perfect and I never said it was.

    I'm open to idea's

  19. #39
    Community Member Robi3.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In lab Renegadely Making
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    For sure A_D best way to make VIP a more compelling model is for tons of new content to come out. Then either way people choose to buy Turbine makes money. Now your Epic conversion statement is kind of muddled though as those packs actually cost premium players no more money, but still eat up development time actually increasing the benefit of premium to VIP further instead of changing it in the other direction.
    His epic statement is spot on adding epic mode to a lower level adventure pack will add end game value to it it did not previously have. For example 3bc is an adventure pack that could very easily be skipped since it isn't all that important to leveling and has no value at end game. If epic was added to this pack it instantly becomes more valuable since it can now be played for more then just favor at end game.

    Quote Originally Posted by IronAngel View Post
    I think that it is more of the fact that VIP's for all their loyalty (even though some are new) feel like they are getting less benefit than new players. And yes I know we could buy the same stuff, but we are already choosing to pay monthly and have been for awhile. Show some love
    What makes a VIP more loyal then a Premium player. Is it impossible for a premium player to purchase points every month. I went F2p and turbine still gets a monthly payment from me the same day every month. Choosing to sub for a month or 2 or 3 isn't a guarantee you will continue to do so forever.

    Further more once a VIP is unable/unwilling to continue pay for a sub they are left with little incentive to continue playing the game. Therefor the probability that they will spend more money in the future on DDO is drastically less.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

  20. #40
    Community Member IronAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    [COLOR="Pink"]

    What makes a VIP more loyal then a Premium player. Is it impossible for a premium player to purchase points every month. I went F2p and turbine still gets a monthly payment from me the same day every month. Choosing to sub for a month or 2 or 3 isn't a guarantee you will continue to do so forever.

    Further more once a VIP is unable/unwilling to continue pay for a sub they are left with little incentive to continue playing the game. Therefor the probability that they will spend more money in the future on DDO is drastically less.
    You really need to see my original post to see what I was actually talking about here. It should be in here somewhere.

    What my original point was that premium or VIP's actually get less benefit tan new players. That being the fact that those of us who have been around for some time and actually ground out favor for certain rewards are being restricted to server only rewards, whereas new players (and old) can just pay a couple of bucks to open things account wide. I feel it should be the opposite. Let those longterm loyal VIP's or premium or even non-premium open up things like 32 point, drow or FS on an account wide basis instead of server only and let those choosing the easy button pay to unlock it in each server.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload