Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo Crucible.

Default Solo Crucible.

Its been done before on higher level toons. Ive done it on other low level toons, but I figured Id take some snapshots this time 'round.

Level 10 Intimitank.

And the kicker;

Edit; The "Fight your way to the Arena of Power" is the worst part.
    Last edited by Inspire; 10-23-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Default Awesome

Awesome job. So you bypassed the maze and did it last. Interesting. I love the innovative ways people come up with to solo things. Congrats, in any case.

Thelanis
    :
    Axio/Pak/Flavord/Paxi/Axiomus/Efrit/Aximus/Axi/Paximus/Heysoos/DanielAsh/Axioma
    -=[ Archangels ]=-

How did you bypass the maze? I remember hearing o way to do it in the past with cookies. Anything new you'd care to share? Or is it as simple as hirelings? Never tried it myself but it seems like a challenge I might want to try.

-Flack.
    Bertos - BertosJr - Zeero - Caarnage -Cayn - Gyth - Dyzz - Eyegee - Doooom
    Untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post
    How did you bypass the maze? I remember hearing o way to do it in the past with cookies. Anything new you'd care to share? Or is it as simple as hirelings? Never tried it myself but it seems like a challenge I might want to try.

-Flack.
    If you're fast enough you can run past the door where you need the horn. Not all to hard, all you need is haste, and with any boost it's incredibly easy.
    Active
    EU player since release, US player since the summer of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Not all to hard, all you need is haste, and with any boost it's incredibly easy.
    Although, this toon had no sprint boost on any kind, which made it quite difficult.

Great job. Sucks you have to be lvl ten best I did was solo it 17mins with a lvl 7monk I was hoping to try and beat that but now I can't .
    Sarlona:Hematoma,Ceethreepeeo,Masturwindew,Aretwodeetoo,Ohbeewahn[color=white].

Proud Leader of Zerger's Anonymous

I did this when my monk was level 13, took a few tries but was tons of fun. I agree that that last hallway can get rough, tho

Gratz
    * Sohryu * (Life #33: Barbarian)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrik View Post
    Great job. Sucks you have to be lvl ten best I did was solo it 17mins with a lvl 7monk I was hoping to try and beat that but now I can't .
    Where theres a will, theres a way...

I imagine you could have a friendly higher level WIzard or Sorc Greater Teleport you to Gianthold and open the quest for you.

Oh, and Nice Job Inspire!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrik View Post
    best I did was solo it 17mins with a lvl 7monk
    You solo'd it on a level 7 monk? You wouldnt have a Screeny lying around would you?

I assume you didnt have enough Diplomacy to get rid of Harza Ghost-Walker so how did you deal with the end fight? Also that last hallway would have been a real pain with a 40ish Ac most monks sit around at that level, and without Ac I had to do it on my level 9 Rogue with a RR vorpal. Isolate was at around a steady 50-53 Ac most of the time.

Also was your completion before the DA system? Without invisibility scrolls it would have been a nightmare.

Looking through my SS I cant find the completion time(because I wanted to show I got all the optionals) but Im pretty sure it was close to 40 mins(could probably drop the time by 10 mins or more if I planned the final hallway better), which is terrible... I ran out of haste pots in the final hallway, and when I first entered the quest my House P buffs were down to about 15-17 mins.

Also, I didnt use Hirelings. - K H I

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I imagine you could have a friendly higher level WIzard or Sorc Greater Teleport you to Gianthold and open the quest for you.
    Nope they hard locked gianthold and most other areas on level requirements in mod9.

You can always enter gianthold as long as your vip or own the pack. Infact I keep my level1 mule there due to it's quick access to tavern, bank, mail and AH all in 1 zone.

You however cannot enter gianthold ruins until you are level10 - regardless of what your party members access is. This rule applies to most zones now. Min lvl = Area/Quest lvl -4.

Lame but oh well... Prevents you from wasting the nice XP that gianthold is too early on at least.

Edit: actually worked my way in. At lvl 9

Got to Fight your way to the arena and got stunned and sleet stormed.

I think I can pull it off though

edit
    got to the arena but couldn't take down the cleric with the other mobs there. Hard to seperate them long enough to get a good beat down in
    Last edited by Alter; 10-25-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Got it
    Level 9 with screen shot

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    You can always enter gianthold as long as your vip or own the pack. Infact I keep my level1 mule there due to it's quick access to tavern, bank, mail and AH all in 1 zone.
    Necropolis is better for this as the bank/AH/mail/tavern are mere steps away from each other.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

I'm puzzled...how do you bypass the maze? I read the comment above, but cannot visualize it, having not run the Crucible for a while (gonna change soon). Also, how do you do the acrobatic puzzle area without someone to pull the lever?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I'm puzzled...how do you bypass the maze? I read the comment above, but cannot visualize it, having not run the Crucible for a while
    /agree
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

haste + hasteboost you can get through the door before it closes

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I'm puzzled...how do you bypass the maze? I read the comment above, but cannot visualize it, having not run the Crucible for a while (gonna change soon). Also, how do you do the acrobatic puzzle area without someone to pull the lever?
    Anyone with just a basic haste pot can get thru the door without the horn. You just run and jump thru before it closes.

Test of Agility/Trap area? You just pull the lever and do it? Even in a group theres no purpose to having someone else pull it.. It opens the door right next to you and you go. You can't go up to right at the 2nd door and having someone esle re-pull anyways.. You must exist the room for the puzzle to reset anyways.

It's a fun quest as it's much more so a test of player ability rather then character stats.. As this thread proves. The only thing where you stats need come into play are the 2 required fights at the end.

Allot of people say, oh well but you need XXX swim or evasion ro do the swim.. But no.. It's doable on elite with a lvl1 character with 0 swim, and no underwater action item... Just takes a bit of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter View Post
    Got it
    Level 9 with screen shot
    How did you bypass the lvl10 requrement to enter gianthold ruins?
    Or am I simply misinformed about that? Was 2nd hand info tho a few ppl confirmed it..

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Anyone with just a basic haste pot can get thru the door without the horn. You just run and jump thru before it closes.
    I guess I'll have to go run the quest to figure out which door you're talking about. Interesting though.

Test of Agility/Trap area? You just pull the lever and do it? Even in a group theres no purpose to having someone else pull it.
    Like I said, it's been a while since I've run the quest..

It's a fun quest as it's much more so a test of player ability rather then character stats.. As this thread proves. The only thing where you stats need come into play are the 2 required fights at the end.
    Absolutely! One of my favorite quests in the game! I wish we had more quests like this, testing players' skills, and various roles. Could probably do without the maze, though. I like it, much more so than the other mazes in the game, but it just takes far too long without knowing it well. One of the best-designed dungeons in the game!

Allot of people say, oh well but you need XXX swim or evasion ro do the swim.. But no.. It's doable on elite with a lvl1 character with 0 swim, and no underwater action item... Just takes a bit of skill.
    'm well aware. I've completed the Agility room and swim on my intimitank and wizard on more than one occasion.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

I wanna see others doing it at even lower level now :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast