Default Suggestion - Have a quest creation contest

Those of us that have wasted too much of our lives on these boards for an extended time might remember the old Quest Creation contests. One saw players submit designs for entire quests; the other saw players submit and then vote on, in a series of rounds, little pieces of a quest idea.

Here's a suggestion to Turbine: Run a forum contest where players can create their own quest design. Offer a 2000 point prize to the creator of any quest you actually implement in-game (in a recognisable form). Make clear that there will be between zero and three winners (so if there's no great designs, you don't lock yourself into adding a mediocre quest). Don't ask for full 3D maps (although people can make them reasonably easily in Google Sketchup, which is free), but instead get players to give a basic outline of the maps, foes, non-monster challenges (traps, puzzles, mazes etc), and a compelling storyline for the quest.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

/signed. +1 rep

Id be into this, though it would be interesting to see the submissions. everything from detailed PnP modals old school styles to crayon scratches on some construction paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

Community Member

love this idea

Absolutely brilliant!!! Can't understand why they don't do something like this. It is Eberon after all!

I definitely have some ideas for this, should the Devs go with this idea.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.