Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Default DDOcast Episode 139 (10-17-09)

    Hi everyone! Episode 139 of DDOcast is now ready to go. Here's a LINK to the episode- just left-click to play, right-click and 'save as' to download as an mp3.

    This week's show features a look at reincarnation on Lammania along with two interviews and some great stuff from the DDOcast crew! DJDenial, Xiloscient and Rowanheal co-host this week's show with me as well! Lessah has week three of the Miss Stormreach Pageant where she wraps up her introductory interviews with the candidates! I interview Howard with Odd Duck Computing about the DDO iPhone app - the DDO Herald. I also interview Erica with the DDO Fashion Showcase. Stormreach Lighthouse wraps up its look at tips to work with veterans, Samius looks at practice and growth with "Sound Concepts", Rheebus has some warforged pickup lines with "Rheebus' Top Ten" and more! Thanks so much for listening.

    ###

    DDOcast Episode 139 (10-17-09)

    :15 Intro
    4:04 Turbine Point update
    7:00 True Reincarnation Talk
    7:40 Past Life Feats
    11:43 Reincarnation effort?
    14:16 Raid Loot Crafting
    15:21 XP Needed
    17:45 Miss Stormreach 1
    20:42 Epic Difficulty
    21:17 MD Bug
    21:32 Downtime
    21:53 Miss Stormreach 2
    25:52 Stormreach Lighthouse
    32:28 Sound Concepts
    41:52 Rheebus' Top Ten
    45:06 DDO Herald Interview
    58:04 DDO Fashion Showcase Interview
    1:11:39 Miss Stormreach 3
    1:18:25 Press and Population!
    1:22:33 Lawsuit bookkeeping
    1:23:35 DDO Europe Screenshot Contest
    1:23:50 Jaggie shoutout
    1:24:44 Emails

    END

    TOTAL TIME:1:37:37

    ###

    LINK to Eladrin's writeup on Past Life Feats on the DDO.com Lammania boards.

    LINK to Eladrin's basic explanation of raid loot crafting on the DDO.com Lammania boards.

    LINK to the Miss Stormreach Pageant web site and LINK to the main thread about it on DDO.com.

    LINK to Thanimal's DDO.com warforged pickup line post that inspired Rheebus' Top Ten.

    LINK to info the DDO Herald by Odd Duck Computing.

    LINK to the DDO Fashion Showcase (thanks Erica!)

    LINK to DDO-Europe's new player screenshot contest.

    LINK to info on Turbine's pumpkin carving contest.

    LINK to the latest on Massively's DDO "Choose my Adventure."

    LINK to the DDO article in Sarcastic Gamer.

    LINK to the big Ars Technica article about DDO.

    LINK to the Digg post about the Ars Technica article - Digg it!

    LINK to MMORPGFocus.com, where there's a registered user only article about DDO.

    LINK to Turbine's response to Atari's countersuit in the NY District Court system.

    LINK to Jaggie's latest project thread on DDO.com.

    Jerry
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

  2. #2

    Default fashion!!!!

    OMG! I am listening now, I have already favorited the DDO Fashion showcase!

  3. #3

    Default

    Jerry -- I'm listening to the show right now and just heard the comment about no named handwraps in the game. The end reward from the bartender in Korthos gives you, is a named Handwrap... Min's Handwrap I believe it's called. Mind you is not a powerful item, but it is named.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_Lonehawk View Post
    Jerry -- I'm listening to the show right now and just heard the comment about no named handwraps in the game. The end reward from the bartender in Korthos gives you, is a named Handwrap... Min's Handwrap I believe it's called. Mind you is not a powerful item, but it is named.
    Ah, you rule! I couldn't find it during a search I guess....
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

  5. #5

    Default wraps

    I was thinking about Mins wraps also, but i think most people might be looking for something a little than ooze killer.

  6. #6
    Community Member Dylos_Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_Lonehawk View Post
    Jerry -- I'm listening to the show right now and just heard the comment about no named handwraps in the game. The end reward from the bartender in Korthos gives you, is a named Handwrap... Min's Handwrap I believe it's called. Mind you is not a powerful item, but it is named.
    one of the new quests over in the hills has some named handwraps also.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylos_Moon View Post
    one of the new quests over in the hills has some named handwraps also.
    Excellent! I thought there was but was not 100% sure. However, if I'd actually read my show notes from a few weeks ago I actually had it in there! Memory....
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

  8. #8
    Founder Vorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mostly at sea
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Great show as usual, Jerry. Thanks for all you do in putting it together!
    Vorn, 30 Fighter
    Argo
    OSD

  9. #9
    Community Member Dylos_Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Concerning armor styles.

    There seems to be 4+ random parts of each armor mesh.

    The undermesh, the shoulders, the skirt/belt/pants/etc, and the color. Of course, color can change the style of any of the other 3, and some armors do seem to have more randomness as well.

    Just for speculation here, if lets say there are 3 undermeshes for chainshirt, 2 shoulders, 4 lower pieces, and 10 colors, then that means there are 240+ chainshirt models.

    EDIT: Metamagics are multiplicative, so maximize, empower, and empower healing together is 450% effectiveness, not 300% effectiveness. And the Heal spell is only effected by Empower Healing, so you are correct, Maximize does not effect it.
    Last edited by Dylos_Moon; 10-19-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

  10. #10

    Default

    I miss DDO.... but I tell you I have just lost the desire to play DDO.

    I forgot where the DDOCast forums are, somebody mail the link to me pls...

    kk thx
    Last edited by Cowdenicus; 10-20-2009 at 01:27 AM.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylos_Moon View Post
    Concerning armor styles.

    There seems to be 4+ random parts of each armor mesh.

    The undermesh, the shoulders, the skirt/belt/pants/etc, and the color. Of course, color can change the style of any of the other 3, and some armors do seem to have more randomness as well.

    Just for speculation here, if lets say there are 3 undermeshes for chainshirt, 2 shoulders, 4 lower pieces, and 10 colors, then that means there are 240+ chainshirt models.

    EDIT: Metamagics are multiplicative, so maximize, empower, and empower healing together is 450% effectiveness, not 300% effectiveness. And the Heal spell is only effected by Empower Healing, so you are correct, Maximize does not effect it.
    Having a hard time sleeping, was bummin' around. Thanks! Very helpful post. I actually checked to make sure I was correct before I posted it, but was too lazy to re-edit the original statement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    I miss DDO.... but I tell you I have just lost the desire to play DDO.

    I forgot where the DDOCast forums are, somebody mail the link to me pls...

    kk thx
    LINK
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

  12. #12

    Default Lamannia Release Notes and handwaps

    It dawned on me that the Lamannia Release Notes has this bit in it.

    New handwraps have been added to Necropolis II.

  13. #13
    Community Member Dylos_Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samiusbot View Post
    It dawned on me that the Lamannia Release Notes has this bit in it.

    New handwraps have been added to Necropolis II.
    Indeed they have, and they've already been looted and posted on the lamannia forums.

    Devout Handwraps - (Weapon) +2 Handwraps, Metaline, Pure Good [ML:8, BTC]

    From the screenshot, they do not require good alignment.

    Metaline is the new name for transmutating of course.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

  14. #14
    Hamfather totmacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    free nat gann!!
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    this ddocast was alright. lessah's segment was pretty funny

    the epic level content will be hard though. it's not a walk in the park. and the epic crafting is going to be a larger grind than shroud, in terms of time AND resources

    mordenkainen's disjunction is used all over the place in the new quests and epic content

    and high-level players with a lot of raid loot will not just roll a new toon. only someone with no raid loot would say that
    Last edited by totmacher; 10-22-2009 at 09:54 AM.

  15. #15

    Default thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    this ddocast was alright. lessah's segment was pretty funny

    the epic level content will be hard though. it's not a walk in the park. and the epic crafting is going to be a larger grind than shroud, in terms of time AND resources

    mordenkainen's disjunction is used all over the place in the new quests and epic content

    and high-level players with a lot of raid loot will not just roll a new toon. only someone with no raid loot would say that
    Thanks!
    Clanky wrote this one and the one we are working on for this weekend. He did a great great job!

  16. #16
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,653

    Default Couple of Minor Corrections

    Both "Atari v. Turbine" and "Turbine v. Atari" were filed in New York Civil Supreme Court; rather than US Federal Court. Both cases have been assigned to the Honerable Judge Bernard J. Fried in the Commercial Division.

    Both parties have agreed (stipulated) to merge the cases, but as of Oct 23rd, the Honerable Judge Fried has not signed an order official merging the cases.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload