Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member Samadhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Under a dead Ohio sky
    Posts
    4,771

    Default Boot Piece Drop Rates

    Top ten reasons you know there is a problem with the drop rate:

    10) You ransack a shavarath quest and not a single boot piece drops, not just for you, but not period for anyone in the party.

    9) You consider yourself lucky to see a rarer boot piece on the AH for 2milpp - because at least there is one up there to buy.

    8) Most pugs use shady tactics because they don't have anyone with a full boot set.

    7) Even if purposefully avoiding shady tactics, many groups are forced to hero method (1 person tanking) Horthos because no one else has boots, while most of the group sits around picking their noses. Didn't the devs say they wanted quests that actually involved more of the party?

    6) You have run bastion 53 times and seen blood drop once, ever, to anyone, on the second day the MOD was out.

    5) You legitimately consider trading your w/p rapier to a poor offer just because you think it is the only way you can ever enjoy bringing a melee into the raid.

    4) It is something Oooogly has not pulled.

    3) 18 guildies farming 40 hours a week have combined their efforts to make two full boot sets (enough for two separate raid groups with hero method!!); but they still have around 80 keepsakes if anyone wants to trade.

    2) You share a sick delusion with your fellow gamers that, even though you have never seen a rare boot ingredient drop from the end chest in Invasion, it is still worth ransacking every week, because the forums say artifacts drop there so it must be true.

    1) Gamers are devoting way too much time to an item that prevents you from being hasted ><
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,191

    Default

    Interestingly enough, on almost every run in which I participate we have at least 2 to 3 people with boots.

    I have to agree though that the drop rate is excruciatingly, painfully, low.

  3. #3
    Community Member HeavenlyCloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    Funny enough A new invasion elite drops ingredients from the locked chest before the last drop down. No screenshot tho as i didn't think boot ingredients are that rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

  4. #4
    Community Member Junts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,505

    Default

    All the boot ingreds drop from any chest that can also drop named items; I have seen artifacts on invasion 1st floor, and blood on the lower level of invasion when the quartermaster is up

  5. #5
    Community Member HeavenlyCloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    All the boot ingreds drop from any chest that can also drop named items; I have seen artifacts on invasion 1st floor, and blood on the lower level of invasion when the quartermaster is up
    :O Thanks for this info. +1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

  6. #6
    Community Member Healemup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyCloud View Post
    Funny enough A new invasion elite drops ingredients from the locked chest before the last drop down. No screenshot tho as i didn't think boot ingredients are that rare.
    I pulled one from there on hard yesterday.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

  7. #7
    Community Member Junts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyCloud View Post
    :O Thanks for this info. +1!
    Hunting down nameds in bastion and invasion substantially increases your rate of getting stuff .. running it with 3 people so you can get the shoot 3 levers chest in bastion etc is substantially worthwhile, its worth it being a 45 min run with 5 chests instead of a 25 min run with 2 or 3.

    Bastion provides a maximum of:

    1 x quartermaster's chest
    1 x troll lieutenants chest
    1 x range to open chest
    2 x standard end chest
    1 x lightning-locked end chest

    As far as i know both the first two named -are- always present somewhere in the Iron Maw.

    There are up to 4 orange nameds available in invasion, but they're not always available: Tiefling, Beholder, spider, and Named elemental group .. any 2 of these in addition to prisoner chest and end chest = 5 chances per run.

    I didn't believe myself that the ingredients appeared anywhere but the end until I personally got an artifact out of a beholder chest on floor 1 of Invasion and witnessed someone pull a Blood from quartermaster on the lowest floor of Bastion.

    IMO, if it wasnt for its decent weapons shipment droprate, Pure Shavarath Iron would be hardest to get as Genesis Point only drops named loot / iron from its very end chest on whichever path you pick; all the opther 6 chests in the instance cannot drop named loot or boot ingreds.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    There are up to 4 orange nameds available in invasion, but they're not always available: Tiefling, Beholder, spider, and Named elemental group .. any 2 of these in addition to prisoner chest and end chest = 5 chances per run.
    Isn't there also a named orthon and a named troll?
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Isn't there also a named orthon and a named troll?
    yes

  10. #10
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    Interestingly enough, on almost every run in which I participate we have at least 2 to 3 people with boots.

    I have to agree though that the drop rate is excruciatingly, painfully, low.
    In our groups its an average of 3 people with the boots. We have had 4 people with the boots a few times now as well. The problem that I have with the boots is the boots are too pro-powergamer. Yes, I am a powergamer myself. It is close to impossible for non powergamers to get the boots because of either the plat (to buy off the AH) or the farming required.

    The best way to legitimately defeat the raid without the boots is to dps the boss down before people get banished via decent will saves amd high dps throughout the melee. Sadly, non powergamers also have less dps and on average less saves then powergamers so they have less chance of beating part 3 without the boots. So how are non-powergamers supposed to consistantly beat the raid? I think the answer to this is they really are not meant to beat the raid. This is a strange philosophy for Turbine to make a raid that is not readily beatable for non hardcore players on normal. Perhaps as the months go by more boots will be in circulation, but it has been a difficult month for pugs and the Tower of Despair.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  11. #11
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    In our groups its an average of 3 people with the boots. We have had 4 people with the boots a few times now as well. The problem that I have with the boots is the boots are too pro-powergamer. Yes, I am a powergamer myself. It is close to impossible for non powergamers to get the boots because of either the plat (to buy off the AH) or the farming required.

    The best way to legitimately defeat the raid without the boots is to dps the boss down before people get banished via decent will saves amd high dps throughout the melee. Sadly, non powergamers also have less dps and on average less saves then powergamers so they have less chance of beating part 3 without the boots. So how are non-powergamers supposed to consistantly beat the raid? I think the answer to this is they really are not meant to beat the raid. This is a strange philosophy for Turbine to make a raid that is not readily beatable for non hardcore players on normal. Perhaps as the months go by more boots will be in circulation, but it has been a difficult month for pugs and the Tower of Despair.
    Over time it will become more beatable - there'll be more boots around, and this will push prices down on the ingredients too.

    I've been in more part 2 failed PUGs than anything else.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload