Thread: Leveling Sigils

Community Member

Default Leveling Sigils

F2P players and Premium need to find or buy these...fine. VIP get them all for free...about the only advantage VIP has over the other 2 accounts.

As it stands though we (f2p and premium) are working on hunches and speculation as to the dropping of leveling sigils. I ask that the leveling sigil drop rules be explained so we are not left in the dark as to what quests can/can't give them in n/h/e afford any bonus chance at recieving them, wether or not it's the lvl of the adventure or the lvl of the base adventure before difficulty that matters. does the mission have to be in the Level sigils level range or can it be higher/lower?

the drop rates on silver could go up a bit and due to the fact that I'm the only person I know that has found a gold sigil that really needs to up. and I still have yet to hear of anyone finding a platinum (even on the forums) the drop rates for these needs to be dramatically increased.

on an alternitive perspective take out the leveling sigils altogether as free content runs out at level 12 so if you aren't going to be spending $$$ on points you are prolly going to be dropping out of the game by this point anyways. as it stands the sigils are more of a pain in the butt than an addition to the game in any positive fashion. but if your going to make them lootables...make them realistic drops 1/10 or so but with silvers getting 1/50+ and gold hunters going 150+runs and finaly buying them I am thinking that the drops are just a bit outlandish atm.

I think the sigils are rare by design and should remain so. Sigils are meant to be a way to supplement income for Turbine, giving them away like candy would result in noone buying them and loss of income for Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

on the other hand increasing drop rate maintains interest in the game. Running the same 6 quests over and over again leads to a fast burn out. Lets face it most premium people aren't going to spend their points on things they can get for free, unless forced. When if comes down to 5$ for sigils or 5$ for content what are the premiums going to choose, that's right burn out and no more cash for turbine...F2P players, I'm sorry but your part in the business model is word of mouth. Premium players is where the most capital is going to come from buying content, races, and classes. VIPs are 15$/month, but premium can spend much more and making them burn out getting sigils is just bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by DosFerret View Post
    on the other hand increasing drop rate maintains interest in the game. Running the same 6 quests over and over again leads to a fast burn out. Lets face it most premium people aren't going to spend their points on things they can get for free, unless forced. When if comes down to 5$ for sigils or 5$ for content what are the premiums going to choose, that's right burn out and no more cash for turbine...F2P players, I'm sorry but your part in the business model is word of mouth. Premium players is where the most capital is going to come from buying content, races, and classes. VIPs are 15$/month, but premium can spend much more and making them burn out getting sigils is just bad business.
    QFT, leveling sigils will lose money for Turbine. The reason is simple all these new players they are drawing in get burnt out and frustrated with the sigils. Player quits. As opposed to player buying an adventure pack (for 5-10 dollars), having more to run, enjoying the game more, playing longer, and then spending more on content.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Support.. I am premium having bought 5000 points worth of Adventure packs (and warforged) I don't want to pay for the things I can get for free. Drow, FvS, 32 pt build, Sigils... My lvl 7.. is one rank from 8.. no sigil, my lvl 3 never found a sigil yet, nor has my lvl 4.. he's not close to capping yet, but would really appreciate more common sigil drops at least copper and silver.. by then. should have plenty more points to perhaps buy the gold one (specially when its discounted)

Which begs the next question.. if I DDO store buy a platinuum sigil for my lvl 7 (non silvered sigil toon) do I automatically qualify her for lvl 20? or must I go through the progression.. cuz if that's the case.. I might just whip out the Credit Card and buy 3 Plat sigils for my characters and be done with it.
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    QFT, leveling sigils will lose money for Turbine. The reason is simple all these new players they are drawing in get burnt out and frustrated with the sigils. Player quits. As opposed to player buying an adventure pack (for 5-10 dollars), having more to run, enjoying the game more, playing longer, and then spending more on content.
    Wait till the new players have to find the platinum sigil, may they have the patience, will power to find one. Ive been looking for one for 4 weeks. Farm over 150+ quests, burned thousands of xp, and reach the point of do I want to play tonight, which I do for about an hour or so then I just log out and play another game for the night.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamurai View Post
    Support.. I am premium having bought 5000 points worth of Adventure packs (and warforged) I don't want to pay for the things I can get for free. Drow, FvS, 32 pt build, Sigils... My lvl 7.. is one rank from 8.. no sigil, my lvl 3 never found a sigil yet, nor has my lvl 4.. he's not close to capping yet, but would really appreciate more common sigil drops at least copper and silver.. by then. should have plenty more points to perhaps buy the gold one (specially when its discounted)

Which begs the next question.. if I DDO store buy a platinuum sigil for my lvl 7 (non silvered sigil toon) do I automatically qualify her for lvl 20? or must I go through the progression.. cuz if that's the case.. I might just whip out the Credit Card and buy 3 Plat sigils for my characters and be done with it.
    The store wont let you buy and wont even show a plat sigil if you have not acquired the ones before it.
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!

Thanks Bladrage - Was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedge View Post
    Wait till the new players have to find the platinum sigil, may they have the patience, will power to find one. Ive been looking for one for 4 weeks. Farm over 150+ quests, burned thousands of xp, and reach the point of do I want to play tonight, which I do for about an hour or so then I just log out and play another game for the night.

Yikes... 150+ Grinded quests.. what are they like 200 points in the store... if I don't have that many by lvl 16.. I think I'll drop the $6.25 and buy 1 with change to spare.
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

As some posters above said Please remove the sigils requirements.
    I go to kothos the harbor and House D what I read in general chat or from party members:
    'Where do I find the copper sigil.'
    'I have not found one yet.
    'Try Durks.'
    I did, 10 times cant find it.'
    'Which quests has which sigil. '
    'Iam level 4 but cant level.'
    'Where do I find the silver sigil.'
    'Iam level 8 but cant level.'
    'I ran quests 10-20 times no sigil.'
    'I dont want to buy the sigil, I want to save up for the adventure packs.'

If Turbine wants to continue using the sigil I would say require only one sigil to level to 13-20 as the f2p quests that are available ends at 12.
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!

Blade,

I'm in the same boat. I have yet to pull a Platnuim sigil. Oh yeah, I own everything in that level range and have ran a ton of quests. Maybe 100+ so you've got that on me
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella