Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Returning Player, Missing Characters

Hey fellow DDO players. I'm returning from a long absence and I couldn't find my old characters on any of the available servers. My guess is that they're gone for good, but I'd like to know what happened. Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks!

Community Member

MMO's dont delete characters. Most people would never return to deleted characters, thereby leading to those players not re-subbing

Quote Originally Posted by cxb456 View Post
    Hey fellow DDO players. I'm returning from a long absence and I couldn't find my old characters on any of the available servers. My guess is that they're gone for good, but I'd like to know what happened. Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Makar40 View Post
    MMO's dont delete characters. Most people would never return to deleted characters, thereby leading to those players not re-subbing
    Assuming that cxb456 is using his old login, then apparently Turbine does delete characters. He states that he's checked all the servers and his characters aren't anywhere. This seems to imply that his characters were deleted.

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

Quote Originally Posted by Ulurjah View Post
    Assuming that cxb456 is using his old login, then apparently Turbine does delete characters. He states that he's checked all the servers and his characters aren't anywhere. This seems to imply that his characters were deleted.
    Turbine has state a couple times recently (knowing that there would most likely be returning players with F2P) that they never delete characters.

The OP should contact Turbine to have this problem fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooneyca View Post
    Turbine has state a couple times recently (knowing that there would most likely be returning players with F2P) that they never delete characters.

The OP should contact Turbine to have this problem fixed.
    I didn't say they intentionally deleted characters. But, they obviously deleted this guys characters, intentionally or not. Just because they've stated that, doesn't make it true. I'm sure when he contacts them, they'll say the same thing. They'll tell him to check all the servers, etc...

And eventually, when they do finally realize that his characters are gone ... will they be able to restore them?

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

the only server they wiped was risia the prior test server and it was clearly stated if ya made your home there you were taking your chances. the rest of them were mergeed. you said available servers? there should be 6 with cannith the new one and that wouldn't have your old toons on it. so they should be on one of the other 5. if for some reason you didn't get green checks on a few servers you mite try again. and also if you made a new f2p play account instead of your previous account then you will not have any toons. Double check and if not there then get ahold of turbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Dooo00000ooooo000mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Makar40 View Post
    There are a couple that have, actually. I believe SWG is listed amongst those, though I could be misremembering.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka Yomero (Human Hybrid) .:. Darani Yomero (Drow Sorcerer) .:. Yomero (WF Paladonk)

It's easy enough to check if you characters still exist.

Log into a server you think might be the correct one and add your characters to your friends list, they should show up fine, you are golden, you just need to talk to CS and figure out why they aren't showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post

Log into a server you think might be the correct one and add your characters to your friends list, they should show up fine, you are golden, you just need to talk to CS and figure out why they aren't showing up.
    Actually that probably won't work if he left the game before the server merge. Inactive character names were appended with the world they were originally from.
    Mythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Play what you want to play, and play it well.

True, but I'm sure he'd have one character that wasn't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

Or you could log into MyDDO for a list of your characters and what server they are on. This is probably the fastest why since you don't need to know what server they are on or whither their name got a server tacked to the end of it.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

But, they obviously deleted this guys characters, intentionally or not.
    No, you arent jumping to conclusions very fast.

If i cant find my car keys, they must have been deleted by my girlfriend. No other possible explanation why they arent where i think i left them.....
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Community Member

Default Same problem

Same problem here. I just returned after several years absence and I have 0 characters on any of the servers. I did not manually delete any of them.

Do you remember on what server were you playing?

Nothing was implied, though something was inferred.

By contacting Turbine directly, all implication and inferrence can be avoided, and characters retrieved.
    <°)))>< O l d T i m e r s ' G u i l d ><(((°>
    H a r a j u k u - H o o l o o v o o - V e x x y
    <°)))><
    G h a l l a n d a ><(((°>

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

(unless he was playing on the European servers when Codemasters stopped...)

Here are some logical possibilities:

- He/She doesn't remember all the relevant account names.
    - They were deleted by Turbine
    - Someone else discovered (or was given) his password and deleted them.
    - He/she deleted them and forgot.
    - They are still there, but not tied to the account.
    - He/she is mistaken.
    - <probably more that I can't imagine at the moment.)

The best thing to do is to contact Turbine, and not jump to ANY conclusions. Turbine has stated repeatedly that it is their policy not to delete characters. I'm sure if they exist Turbine will want to reconnect the user with their character, and if they don't and Turbine has the ability to restore them, they'd want to do that, too.

In my experience playing (and making) computer games for long enough that you don't want to ask, I would assume the likelihood of Turbine purposely deleting player characters on a live server to be so small as to be statistically insignificant, and of them accidentally doing so to be almost the same.

Call them. Email them. Ask them. The forum trolls don't know the answer.
    Last edited by My2Cents; 04-29-2012 at 05:30 PM.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    (unless he was playing on the European servers when Codemasters stopped...)
    To add My 2 € Cents.

In that specific case, the characters are lost now.

But the 2006 join date leads to believe that it wasn't the Euro Transfer.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Turbine never deletes characters so either he did or allowed someone access to his account who did or he is misremembering which server

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post

cant add characters from your own account to friends list

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    cant add characters from your own account to friends list
    Can take 2 mins. to make a free account to try that though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast