Default Any good news for monks?

any change on monks ki strike, weapon, feats,and finish move? any new finish moves? Got any bug fix on unarmed attack? monk need love, Come on!

They said they were putting more named handwraps in Necro II - but no specifics.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    They said they were putting more named handwraps in Necro II - but no specifics.
    Hoping those are the ones that were meant to be in Wrath of Flame. The silver ones.

Although I like pretty much everything in the release notes I'm a little disappointed there's no mention of Monk PrEs. Do you think we could get a preview of them at least so we can figure out which ToD set we're looking for? At the moment the Oremi's set looks very weak but without knowing the PrEs I don't want to waste resources crafting on either.

EDIT: Just realised the Ninja Spy set is Monk too. Isn't the necklace for that a bit poor considering at 19 Monks get Empty Body? Also with Monk AC the last thing I want is less threat!
    Last edited by Kintro; 10-08-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Noret/Hultor/Deol/Domtro/Tamtro/Kintro/Lantwo/Sontro/Montro/Kantro

Unhappy

the most important thing:

Does weighted handwraps add dc to stunning fist and stunning blow?

I am tried to mention this, and I know it is out there in known issues, but the fact is: how many months past, we still got no fix on this.

WikiGnome

*shake magic eight ball*
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    *shake magic eight ball*

OP: The good news is that pure monks, once again, avoided the nerf bat.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    OP: The good news is that pure monks, once again, avoided the nerf bat.
    Once again? I'm pretty sure the transmuting nerf slapped pure monks down so hard they forgot they were gimped to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    Once again? I'm pretty sure the transmuting nerf slapped pure monks down so hard they forgot they were gimped to begin with.
    You should have invested in the slippery mind feat. It should allow you to reroll a failed sarcasm check.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.

Monk got stealth nerf for every single patch recently.

EU patch 1: twf with weapons: 2 2 2 3 monk unarmed: 2 2 2 2, and attack speed scaled at bab15
    EU patch 2: twf with weapons: mobile attack got two rolls, monk unarmed: loss one attack hook everytime while you move

Tell me why treat monks unfair while we got the same twf feats.

Monk got too many flaws need to fix. Monk do not need to nerf, they are perma-nerf, at least now.

end game enviroment, with two tod rings monk dps will be good only at normal, monks are nearly useless above normal diff due to the dr bypass issue.

I know monks dps is not supposed to be the best, but as a melee class, you should have considerable dps.

Let's look at fours stances, and finish moves, all these details need somehow improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredshw View Post
    Monk do not need to nerf, they are perma-nerf
    lol.. man, thats bio worthy

But seriously, at the very least, i hope they fix the finsihing move problems, and make weighted work.
    Thelanis

The best thing they are getting that I have seen so far is the ability to TR at level 20 into a more useful class.
    Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane GhostbaneGhostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane

There are supposedly transmuting handwraps finally. I'd wait until actually seeing them to get too excited though.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    *shake magic eight ball*
    *Eaten by Cube*
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki