Thread: TDM error

Default TDM error

I'm getting a null error when I try to start Lammania from the TDM. I downloaded the updates for TDM and when it tries to start Lammania, I get pop-up error windows cascading across the screen telling me 'Value cannot be null'. I put this in the Lammania tech assistance page but it doesn't look like anyone ever goes there.
    -=Quantum Entropy - Sarlona Server=-
    Thelmallen [monk paladin] - Bladetuner [warchanter] - Stratonike [exploiter] - Bladeturner [cleric] - Sulien [wizard] - Bladeoffreya [FvS monk]

I got this too ... what gives?

any suggestions as to what to do (besides competely uninstall and re-install?)

I have never had a good experience with the TDM and DDO.

(WinXP, SP3)

edit: the TDM is running in the background, but I can't open it. the cascading error messages say it's the TDMGUI which is the problem. They I try to open Lamannia, and attempts to connect to the server fail, repeatedly.
    Last edited by FreudoBaggins; 10-08-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Narran Wolfreyr (Elven Tempest Ranger 18 /Rogue 1 /Monk 1)
    Gnargha (the Beautiful) (HOrc Frenzied Berserker 20/4)
    Tigrata Azulena (TR'd supercaster in progress)
    Eternal Champions, Thelanis & Argo

Default server not up yet

Tolero posted delay until tomorrow due to untimely fire marshal surprise inspection at Turbine

ya iv been getting the same thing where error pages keep popping up nonstop
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"

Hey, Turbine, can anyone do some tech support here? And don't tell me to uninstall and re-download as it's 7 gigs and takes me days and days and days to download.
    Thelmallen [monk paladin] - Bladetuner [warchanter] - Stratonike [exploiter] - Bladeturner [cleric] - Sulien [wizard] - Bladeoffreya [FvS monk]

I couldn't get Lammania to run either, so I uninstalled it and am now having this exact same problem.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by adamr09 View Post
    ya iv been getting the same thing where error pages keep popping up nonstop
    Ditto

Proud Leader of Extreme Explorers Permadeath Guild on Sarlona. Check us out at http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

Foe of Gharet

This post might help with the problem you're experiencing. If that doesn't work, we recommend uninstalling TDM and reinstalling it.

I *had* the TDM many error pages issue and did this:
    1) Using control panel uninstall the TDM (not the DDO-Lama client).
    2) Downloaded Tolero's dndsetup.exe from her my.ddo page and ran it.
    3) TDM installed, updated itself and ran successfully and updated the Lama client (it didn't have to re dl the lama client - just looked at it).
    4) Lama client launch had an xml launch issue.
    5) Told TDM to repair/revalidate client
    6) Works now.

Edit: Tarrant's answer above is probably a much faster process.
    Last edited by Gratch; 10-09-2009 at 02:24 PM.
    Happy 14th DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    This post might help with the problem you're experiencing. If that doesn't work, we recommend uninstalling TDM and reinstalling it.
    that fixed it, but now my TDM doesn't realize lamannia is installed

So then I unfixed it, because while it complains about an error while actually looking at it, it still updates lamannia, and launches lamannia when its on the toolbar.
    Last edited by Dylos_Moon; 10-09-2009 at 02:39 PM.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

Community Member

i just tried your fix, tolero, and it didnt work. im running vista ultimate if thats maybe an issue. i uninstalled lammania completely, and tried to reinstall from scratch. getting pages flying across my screen with error messages, and cant install lammania now. can you post a new link for an updated tdm for it here, please?
    woundweaver 20 cl woundcleaver 20 barb woundbleeder 17 barb woundreaver 20 ftr woundheal 18 cl
    woundedsoul 20 fvs woundedfist 20 monk woundshadow 20 fvs woundtoaster 20 wiz woundtusk 15 monk

Quote Originally Posted by Cooneyca View Post
    Tolero posted delay until tomorrow due to untimely fire marshal surprise inspection at Turbine
    Must have somthing to do with the EXPLOSIVE Barrels from early mod 9 that could kill 20th lvl Barbs !!

I uninstalled the old TDM from my computer (I also uninstalled the old Lammania client just to be safe, but I honestly don't think you would need to do that) and everything seems to be downloading fine now. Launched the Lammania dndsetup file and it reinstalled the TDM and is now working fine. It only takes me a few hours to install the game, so I'll be on with a clean install later tonight. Looking forward to it!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Community Member

can someone post a direct link to downloader, please? i keep going through links, and getting an outdated one. thanks
    woundweaver 20 cl woundcleaver 20 barb woundbleeder 17 barb woundreaver 20 ftr woundheal 18 cl
    woundedsoul 20 fvs woundedfist 20 monk woundshadow 20 fvs woundtoaster 20 wiz woundtusk 15 monk

I guess I didn't have TDM backed up. Anyone know where I can re-acquire it as I uninstalled.

Community Member

tried again. says "uninstall key name argument missing". so, it must be uninstalled. and it is still giving me pages and pages of errors. oh, well. test server isnt important to me. was just curious why it isnt working, and why i cant find an updated link.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    thanks, mockduck. much appreciated. gave ya some rep, bro

Thanks Mockduck. Downloading the update now.