Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 1000 missing turbine points 2 months in and no reply to emails

I am a VIP I have been playing ddo since it launched. For the first couple of years I was on the European servers. Unfortunately the Euro servers took a steep dive about 18 months ago due to changes made by Codemasters (who host the euro ddo game).

So approximately 18 months ago I started over on the USA servers. Two months ago I suddenly became a VIPs due to changes in the game. Wow thanks Turbine. As a reward for being a subscriber and loyal customer turbine promised to give me 500 free turbine points each month.

Well I didn’t get any 500 points last month and now my subscription has been charged again 8 days ago I haven’t got them this month either. I have written an email via the support system, which has not been replied to, and its now past the 3-5 working days promised turn around.

I am a European based player; calling turbine tech support will cost me real money. Unfortunately the telephone company wont accept Turbine points as payment. So it is likely going to cost me as much if not more than $ price of the so called free 500 points to try and sort this out.

I am in a small guild of 5 or 6 euro based players. We are all VIPs only one of us has received the points we were supposed to he received them yesterday and he didn’t have to write to support asking for them. Not very good at all.

Hopefully someone at turbine will see my post and look at my account please.

1000 missing turbine points for me personally and a further 5000 missing turbine points for the people in my guild.

Turbine you really need to sort this mess out. Lots of people are posting about this problem. Or if you can not be bothered to do so may I suggest that you change our title from V.I.P to a more fitting M.U.G
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Default i feel your pain

i'm sitting in the same boat. i even called thier customer service desk. all i got was a lame runaround answer "we don't have the technical expertise to research your problem please send an email to customer support". with an in game ticket i got the same answer. and after sending an email I too am still waiting for a reply. we are now way past the 3-5 days for email support. they just don't seem to care.

To me it seams strangely ironic that so called VIPs aren’t getting the VIPs service level that is normally associated with being a VIPs. Anyway, just thought that I would add some thing more constructive to this thread.

Turbine, the problem with VIPs not getting their points is due to your strange in arrears method of crediting them to vip accounts. Why don’t you just automatically give them to us when you take payment? Rather than this pointless wait till the start of the next billing period system. After all if I use my credit card to buy the points from the store I get them immediately.

That’s right , credit the 500 TPs to our account when you take payment. Ditch the strange in arrears system you have at the moment. If you charge me my monthly fee I would like to have my points when you charge me not 30 days later when my sub renews.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post
    That’s right , credit the 500 TPs to our account when you take payment. Ditch the strange in arrears system you have at the moment. If you charge me my monthly fee I would like to have my points when you charge me not 30 days later when my sub renews.

Quoted for win.
    "To take from one because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father's has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, ........is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association--'the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.'" --Thomas Jefferson

Community Member

Have the same exact problem, havent had any vip points so far only from favor etc.. and sending email equals useless since no reply.

Still waiting on the original 2500 or so points I should have gotten from being VIP since MArch of 06.
    DO AWAY WITH DUNGEON ALERT< BRING BACK INDIVIDUAL DEATH PENALTIES!
    It makes better players of all of us.
    Darpa: Xoriat
    http://kevinpape.com

Also haven't received all my points but I've been too distracted by the shiny new release notes to complain.
    Last edited by Minor_Threat; 10-08-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

I will contribute my name to also missing points for the record

Default Wow Turbine !

this is no way to do buisness ! I never had a problem myself whew. the fact that there is a problem is bad enough but to not return their email with some excuse is ...well ....not good turbine! these guys have put down their money and still do so far. so ? some one in the company must be in charge of e mails ? no ? or is there such a snafu going on there that you would have to hire 25 more peeps to even make a dent in the complaints. I duno seems like an email with "soon" on it may have been a better wat to handle this.

Interesting to see this is not an isolated issue. I was wondering when my renewal was since I had not yet received my 500TB. I can see now that I'm not the only one experiencing issues.

After reviewing my account I discovered the following.

My billing date is on the 30th, which would mean that technically I should have received my 500TP for being a VIP on September 30th. Yet, when I go to my account I gues the following message.

Next billing date: September 30th. Strange, I thought we were in October?

However, when I check my credit card, I was indeed charged $14.99 on September 30th.

Can someone at Turbine explain this?
    Last edited by tralese; 10-08-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    Tralese
    -----------------------------------
    "Work before you play, BUT PLAY!" // Find me on MyDDO Here

I had the issue of not receiving Turbine points when I signed up for a VIP account a couple of weeks ago. After waiting for 3 days I sent in an email query through the ingame system and got an answer 4 days later and the points credited a day later. I would advise sending in an email query if you haven't done it yet. As for not receiving an answer to emails, no answer there I'm afraid.

This is one of the many reasons I decided to upgrade to being a premium player instead of being a VIP.

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

Yeah I am in the same boat as the rest of you as well. Same goes for the majority of people within the guild I am in having not received their monthly 500 points for either of the two months of VIP status. Starting to get really annoyed by all of this.

I'm tempted to call my credit card company and dispute the charges...

Still missing 999 + 500 points here, as well.

Community Member

Add me to the list. I am enjoying the game and really like not having to worry about what pack to get, limitations, etc. However, turbine is falling unbelievably short in their customer service.

Am I wrong in considering this fraud? Turbine is failing to follow through on their end of the deal. Heck, I can't believe some of you have put up with this for multiple months.

I'd like to reiterate our apology for this issue. We are doing everything we can to expediently get your missing points to you. Account support is backed up at the moment so it may take some time, but rest assured you will be receiving the points. Remember to send a ticket to account support if you haven't already!

My only issue with that is I put in a ticket, fill out all the info and they send me an email asking me to provide the same info again in the email. I thought maybe my ticket got lost but then when I put in another, I got the same thing: Please give us your email, name on credit card, etc. Worst part: The email was full of grammer and spelling errors. I figured it was spam or phishing, so I deleted it, started again and got the same thing. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I'd like to reiterate our apology for this issue. We are doing everything we can to expediently get your missing points to you. Account support is backed up at the moment so it may take some time, but rest assured you will be receiving the points. Remember to send a ticket to account support if you haven't already!
    Thanks for the acknowledgement Tarrant. I did submit a support request via the website. Or should we instead be submitting our request from within the game?
    Tralese
    -----------------------------------
    "Work before you play, BUT PLAY!" // Find me on MyDDO Here

Really, resolving this should be of primary importance. I was really loving playing DDO. I convinced skeptical friends that I played other games with to give f2p a try. I lauded the VIP option as much better customer value than we were getting from other games. I convinced people that value my opinion on matters to go VIP.

When they said "I paid and I have access to everything but no points, what?? do I have to do something else???" I told them "yeah, I know, it's weird, you get them at the end of your billing cycle instead of the beginning. Don't worry about it though, you'll get them ... wait" I now look like an idiot to my peers as no one (myself included) has any tp other than the amount gained from favor rewards. Yes, tickets have been submitted and thus far I haven't even received a response indicating that my inquiry has been received much less any information regarding if/when it will be addressed.

I am definitely not boycotting DDO but I'm obviously not renewing my VIP subscription until the product offered can be delivered.

EDIT: I am aware that we are still in the initial stages of this EU launch and understand that there can be problems, glitches, bugs, issues, and oversights. I stress that I don't think turbine is "ripping anyone off" but I would not continue dining at a restaurant that kept charging me for an entree that was never delivered with the rest of my meal either, it wouldn't matter how much I enjoyed the rest of the fare offered.
    Last edited by idbi; 10-09-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Clarity
    There's a fine line between ignorance and arrogance and only I can cross that line.
    id(-.-)bi

Not only have I not gotten my VIP points for subscription renewal, I am still missing points from the 2999 TPs we were supposed to get when MOD9 launched.......
    Hi, I play Generic Fantasy RPG Online, formerly known as DDO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast