Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Casters and your FTS !! Stop it lol !!

Morning all

So Khybers Wayward Lobster had a caster last night who decided he was gonna hop in and start FTS-ing then using Searing Light ? on everyone .... over and freakin' over !!

BUT

He was 20th lvl and hitting everyone from lvl 1-20 .... I have honestly never heard of him or his guild before BUT whatever !

Anyways ..... a quick breakdown of last nights events ..... After I grew tired of peeps leaving cause they couldn't manage to hop into the lobster with out being instant statue I decided to start sending "said toon" tells regarding the method to his enraged sorc madness

So eventually after we went from 20+ peeps in there down to about 3, I decided it was time to send a **** tell !!

My toon /tell ******** HEY 20th lvl CASTER

FTS-ing everyone and then hitting them with searing light is NOT PvP ......

Its LvP ( Lame vs. Player )

Regardless I was lucky enough to drop him once with my 11th lvl toon and then got the tell from him saying

/you would be nothing without your manyshot !

Really ? Coming from the caster that only fights stuff AFTER they are stone ??

Oh well .... I guess I'd be a little embarrssed as well if my super uber 20th lvl caster just got owned by a 11th lvl archer using only a Greater Construct Bane Bow

I decided I needed to grab a higher lvl toon or this me turing into stone was gonna keep happening all night

As it turns out it didnt matter and Cassiee and any other toon that went into PvP was an instant statue ALL the time lol !!

( excpet for the one time Lightning Strike went off with Cassiees first arrow )

DIE DIE DIE CASTER GUY !!

Well ..... just an FYI to you caster types. Yes Manyshot can be powerful BUT it is only 20 seconds long and still allows YOU the opponent to heal up and fight back

FTS then Searing Light a way out if you dont know how to heal yourself up and are afraid to try out some other spells.

There is a list of spells that are awesome in PvP that you could try out ... Take a look in that book of spells for a few.

So a quick message and maybe a plea from us NON casting types

I know PvP is usually the last concern on anyones mind .... but for the few of us that do enjoy it. Please allow toons to fight in PvP

Flesh to Stone / Then Searing Light ? ( or some instant death spell lol ) tends to clear a once busy PvP room.

/rant off

Later gang !!

PS: Rematch tonight bro ? I got the FTS-ing casters coming so you may wanna bring some archers !!

Edited due the fact DDO preferred I didnt use names here !! hehe
    Last edited by 96th_Malice; 10-09-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Community Member

Sounds like you have a personal grudge against the guy to me.

If you continued to try and kill him, and he knew that FTS annoyed you, I can see why he would do it over and over to you.

FTS has a save, and a fort save no less. Not only not a cheap tactic, but not that effective either in most cases.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

um... not that I enjoy PvP in any setting. But really you upset someone is using things are are part of there class? Last time I checked DDO and hell DnD classes were never balanced for 1 on 1.

I'm sorry you got a little upset but telling a caster not to cast any spell just because you personally do not like it is like telling a fighter not to use slashing or a cleric to not heal. It is part of there class.

I personally don't think PvP in this game will ever be anything remotely fair or balanced.
    Warforged = Self Aware Golem ≠ Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by vainangel
    me: I don't heal stupid

if he does it over and over without killing you, report him for harrasment
    if he dies it over and over and kill you, why you jump down again?
    if he can cast flesh to stone, how the hell can he cast searing light?
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Community Member

I can see where the OP is coming from.. I used to hang out in the wayward all the time back when it first came out, and when you are up against some other player that continues to kill you over and over the same way, it can get frustrating, and you get on a personal mission to make that person pay lol. It's all in good fun though, but I agree, PvP is a fun time waster, but there's no point other then to screw around.

FTS has a fort save so I don't really see it as that big of a deal. I'd rather fight a caster in the pvp pit that spams FTS anyday, he will be long dead before one ever lands on me.

and on a side note, sorcerers don't get searing light as a spell.

And this is why we do not need PvP in this game. Never wanted it, don't want any more of it, just stop spending time and money on this feature. All it is, is for a bunch of kids to scream at each other "My toon is better than your toon!"...give me a break.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Jhasmyne, Desideratum, Temere, Debacchor, Fidicina, Gregorii
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    FTS has a fort save so I don't really see it as that big of a deal. I'd rather fight a caster in the pvp pit that spams FTS anyday, he will be long dead before one ever lands on me.

and on a side note, sorcerers don't get searing light as a spell.
    A fort save with a DC of 30+ may aswell be no save for most classes.

EDIT: by most I mean unless you're a level 20 barbarian or pally you're likely to fail that save at least 50% of the time and even if you don't he almost certainly has time to Enervate and try again.
    Last edited by Kintro; 10-08-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Noret/Hultor/Deol/Domtro/Tamtro/Kintro/Lantwo/Sontro/Montro/Kantro

What arcane have FTS and Searing light???

Why shouldn't a caster use any spell he wants to in PvP?

At least he was killing you with searing light. He could have been much more evil and ray of enfeebled, energy drained, crushing despaired, blinded, and ray of exhaustioned you while you were stone.

There are much better ways to be cruel to someone then just killing them over and over.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    Morning all

So Khybers Wayward Lobster had a caster last night who decided he was gonna hop in and start FTS-ing then using Searing Light on everyone .... over and freakin' over !!
    Sounds like a legit kill to me. What's your problem, that your fort saves sucked?

BTW, that's an impossible combo. Searing light is a cleric spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwin View Post
    Sounds like you have a personal grudge against the guy to me.

If you continued to try and kill him, and he knew that FTS annoyed you, I can see why he would do it over and over to you.
    lol naw no grudge ..... I am the easiest person in the world to get along with.

You are correct it did annoy me lol !!
    Last edited by 96th_Malice; 10-16-2009 at 11:25 AM.

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Sounds like a legit kill to me. What's your problem, that your fort saves sucked?

BTW, that's an impossible combo. Searing light is a cleric spell.
    Scrolls ?

I know for a fact thats what it was ...

and oh ya ..... my low con on most toons allows for FTS save fails

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by DakFrost View Post
    Why shouldn't a caster use any spell he wants to in PvP?

At least he was killing you with searing light. He could have been much more evil and ray of enfeebled, energy drained, crushing despaired, blinded, and ray of exhaustioned you while you were stone.

There are much better ways to be cruel to someone then just killing them over and over.
    I dont mind cruel

Just let me be mobile to make an attempt to fight back

If FTS was a last ditch effort ........ awesome

BUT as a first strike on everyone in there ..... Its a little weak

Oh well .... I know that if I am in PvP I should be expecting ppretty much anything

Well .... I am sure I'll do it all over again tonight !!

YAY

Later guys

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    Scrolls ?
    I know for a fact thats what it was ...
    At this point, you will have to show us your combat log to prove that an arcane was actually able to cast searing light as many times as you are claming.

Other wise, I can see him casting it, non...

Did he have a wand in his hand? I can see a UMD sorc using a wand of it, with the enhancments hurting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintro View Post
    A fort save with a DC of 30+ may aswell be no save for most classes.

EDIT: by most I mean unless you're a level 20 barbarian or pally you're likely to fail that save at least 50% of the time and even if you don't he almost certainly has time to Enervate and try again.
    Oh ya for sure ..... 50% of the time sounds right.

I have NO idea about any game mechanics for a caster, but he was casting over and over freakin' fast as my save rolls seemed to be non stop.

It was like Flesh to Stone Manyshot !!

Regardless, I sent the guy a message last night apologizing for me whining at him ..... Why ? some may ask ?

He had stated to me that I'd be nothing without manyshot .... maybe so BUT he'd look like a porcupine without his use of Flesh to Stone. I guess we can call that even !

As for the FTS / Searing Light Combo I stated.

Again I dont know jack about casters / sorcs / FVS / clerics .... but I do know for a fact these were the 2 spells that sent many of us to our un timely death ! over and over !!

BUT I did take the time today look up his toon and his CHA is high enough to UMD pretty much anything ...... so I guess it would have been a searing light UMD item !

Oh well ...... Guess thats about it for this post

Later all
    Last edited by 96th_Malice; 10-09-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

FTS!!! ROFL!!!! I have no grudge against those that fts and PWS... I do however Say Outo's be removed from pvp AND DAMN SQUISHIES CAN'T JUMP AROUND AND CAST AT THE SAME TIME WITHOUT CAST ON THE RUN!!! :P :P :P :P taking advantage of server lag... trust me if there was 0% lag Fighter > Squishy every single time. I HATE SQUISHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRIP THEM, TRIP THEM ALL!!!!
    (\_/) Guardian of Golden Gold
    ~,.,~ Vaapad, Deathwaltz, Fushia, FiveGallonSnapback

Just get a w/e bow or throwing weapon... oh and a fort save... all problems solved.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

I agree with almost everyone it's a valid tactic. Also pvp just got easier vs casters with the new items available level 5+.

But if you want to talk about cheap tactics... talk about my instance hopping and backstabbing everyone with my barbarian cheap yes, but really fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast