Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    of the darkness within my own soul's desire

Default Korthos & Harbor Gear + MP Syndicate Items

Hi-

I'm compiling a list of useful items that would be considered foolish to leave without acquiring (or at least exceptionally useful if found) for my Path to Power Guide. I'm interested in opinions of players. Imagine yourself without tweaks from alts mailing you items.

The Korthos Sets -- Besides Anger's Set, what other sets are useful? Protector's seems "ok." I use the rogue one (can't recall the name of that set) on my rogues.

The UMD Ring in one of the quest chests is also exceptional since the next item to replace it isn't til level 6ish at Delera's End Reward with the Golden Cartouche.

Is there anything new in the harbor I'm forgetting as far as items go? Any clickie I may have missed in The Path to Power's initial clickies + link to Clickies Guide?

I've not run the new Syndicate Quests yet but am going to VERY soon. Any items that are must-haves from that quest series?

Appreciate any help -- rewriting this guide is going to be a beast of data collection (gathering npc names, etc as I wait any suggestions on items, etc)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    Hi-

I'm compiling a list of useful items that would be considered foolish to leave without acquiring (or at least exceptionally useful if found) for my Path to Power Guide. I'm interested in opinions of players. Imagine yourself without tweaks from alts mailing you items.

The Korthos Sets -- Besides Anger's Set, what other sets are useful? Protector's seems "ok." I use the rogue one (can't recall the name of that set) on my rogues.

The UMD Ring in one of the quest chests is also exceptional since the next item to replace it isn't til level 6ish at Delera's End Reward with the Golden Cartouche.

Is there anything new in the harbor I'm forgetting as far as items go? Any clickie I may have missed in The Path to Power's initial clickies + link to Clickies Guide?

I've not run the new Syndicate Quests yet but am going to VERY soon. Any items that are must-haves from that quest series?

Appreciate any help -- rewriting this guide is going to be a beast of data collection (gathering npc names, etc as I wait any suggestions on items, etc)
    The protect the crystal quest on Korthos, gives aid bracers, if you get 5 pairs of those things you barely need any healing through the first 3-4 levels as you can keep getting +11 temporary hit points.

The Sharn syndicate pretty much gives you the weapons you need through level 6, the nicked weapons are all solid, and you can get other nice non-named weapons from the "Come out and Slay" quest.

I also like the +1 to hit goggles from Korthos, as that slot doesn't have a ton of other good items early.

Hm... I think I missed this one. Do you have any more details about it? Which quest, perhaps?

Not seen that one, how much UMD does it give?

A Command item will also give a +2 to UMD before Delera's.
    Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Noret/Hultor/Deol/Domtro/Tamtro/Kintro/Lantwo/Sontro/Montro/Kantro

Quote Originally Posted by Kintro View Post
    Not seen that one, how much UMD does it give?

A Command item will also give a +2 to UMD before Delera's.
    I'll have to see if I get it -- on Korthos now. It's only a +1 UMD, and yeah a command robe (or item in general) is great for all charisma-based actions. And yes, the UMD +1 will not stack with a command +2 (you'll just get the +2).

Was familiar with the bracers and +1 to hit goggles of insight.

Any preferences on the sets besides Anger's Set (+2 Insight Bonus)

The Aracanist Necklace from Misery's Peak completion. 2 applications of SP replenishment. It averages about 25 points per click. Not too shabby and very useful to all spell casters, even without using the set. I just keep it in my inventory and use it after buffing up.
    "If you listen to confusion long enough, it starts to make sense." TTD

Default The UMD item comes from the chest behind the locked

gate in Necromancer's Doom, it is the chest behind the NPC you are rescuing but you need a rogue to get it (or a wizard/sorc with knock) and it is a UMD +1 item as stated previously.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Some people don't like to play hard. That's why we have 'normal'.

The UMD item u are speaking of is also not a ring....it is on gloves......I think they are called runic gloves or something like that.

Scratt for president!!!!

From the Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Thread:

Korthos Island (explorer area)

* Engraved Ring - (Ring) Protection +1 (Any of the 3 Rare Chests)
    * Ring of Alertness - (Ring) Move Silently +3, Spot +1 (Any of the 3 Rare Chests)

Necromancer's Doom (chest)

* Arcane Gloves - (Gloves) Spell Penetration I
    * Protective Gloves - (Gloves) Shield (CL:1, 1/rest)
    * Runic Gloves - (Gloves) Use Magic Device +1

Stopping the Sahuagin (chest)

* Boots of Nimbleness - (Boots) Jump +1, Tumble +1
    * Expeditious Boots - (Boots) Expeditious Retreat (CL:1, 1/rest)
    * Winter Boots - (Boots) Lesser Cold Resistance

The Grotto (chest)

* Apprentice's Robe - (Robe) [BOA] Concentration +1, Lesser Arcane Augmentation I (End Chest)
    * Battleworn Chainshirt - (Armor) Masterwork Chainshirt (End Chest - Non-WF Cleric, Fighter or Rogues)
    * Battleworn Shield - (Shield) Masterwork Small Shield (End Chest - Cleric and Fighters)
    * Disciple's Robe - (Robe) Mage Armor (CL:1, 1/rest), Concentration +1 (End Chest - Non-WF Monks)
    * Ember Shortbow - (Weapon) Masterwork Short Bow, Fire Touch [BTC] (End Chest)
    * Initiate's Docent (Docent) Repair +3 (given by cleric "Cellimas Viluhne" to All Warforged Characters)
    * Ring of Waterbreathing - (Ring) Waterbreathing (CL:5, 1/rest) (given by cleric "Cellimas Viluhne" to all characters)

Heyton's Rest (quest reward)

* Amulet of Inner Focus - (Necklace) Concentration +1, Will Save +1
    * Amulet of the Brute - (Necklace) Intelligence -1, Wisdom -1, Constitution +1

Necromancer's Doom (quest reward)

* Blessed Goggles - (Goggles) Bless (CL:1, 1/rest)
    * Goggles of Insight - (Goggles) Attack Bonus +1
    * Ornate Goggles - (Goggles) Search +1, Disable Device +1

Redemption (quest reward)

* Cloak of Faith - (Cloak) Shield of Faith (CL:1, 1/rest)
    * Curative Cloak - (Cloak) Cure Light Wounds (CL:1, 1/rest)
    * Feather Cloak - (Cloak) Feather Fall (CL:1, 1/rest)

Repossession (quest reward)

* Kwan's Band - (Ring) Wisdom +1, Concentration +3 [ML:2, BTC, Exclusive]
    * Runic Trinket - (Trinket) Greater Efficacy II (CL:1, 3/3), Power II

Sacrifices (quest reward)

* Anger's Step - (Boots) Set Bonus (+2 bonus to Hit), Expeditious Retreat (CL:1, 2/rest), Jump +3
    * Arcane Goggles - (Goggles) Set Bonus (Light Fortification, +1 bonus to AC), Concentration +3, Power I
    * Archivist's Goggles - (Goggles) Set Bonus (+20 Spell points), Concentration +3, Power I
    * Devoted Goggles - (Goggles) Set Bonus (+20% to 1st level healing spells), Heal +3, Power I
    * Nimble Grasp - (Gloves) Set Bonus (+1 to hit and +2 damage to sneak attack), Tumble +3, Striding +5%
    * Pathfinder's Boots - (Boots) Set Bonus (+2 bonus to hit), Tumble +3, Striding +5%
    * Protector's Gloves - (Gloves) Set Bonus (Light Fortification, +1 bonus to AC), Intimidate +3, DR 1/-
    * Troubleshooter's Goggles - (Goggles) Set Bonus (Resistance +1, Open Locks +3, Disable Device +3), Spot +3, Search +3, Listen +3

Stopping the Sahuagin (quest reward)

* Battered Helm - (Helmet) Intimidate +1, Haggle +1
    * Engraved Circlet - (Helmet) Will Save +1
    * Straw Hat - (Helmet) Concentration +3, Tumble +1
    * Tattered Cowl - (Helmet) Concentration +3, Diplomacy +1

The Cannith Crystal (quest reward)

* Axe Bane - (Bracers) Lesser Axeblock
    * Bracers of Assistance - (Bracers) Aid (CL:3, 1/rest)
    * Spear Bane - (Bracers) Lesser Spearblock

The Collaborator (quest reward)

* Discarded Ring - (Ring) Power I
    * Lhorne's Blade - (Weapon) Long Sword, Lesser Monstrous Humanoid Bane
    * Min's Handwraps - (Weapon) Hand Wraps, Minor Flaming
    * Molin's Great Axe - (Weapon) Great Axe, Lesser Monstrous Humanoid Bane
    * Thera's Rapier - (Weapon) Rapier, Lesser Monstrous Humanoid Bane
    * Valen's Mace - (Weapon) Heavy Mace, Lesser Monstrous Humanoid Bane

The Grotto (quest reward)

* Ember Great Axe - (Weapon) Masterwork Great Axe, Fire Touch
    * Ember Heavy Mace - (Weapon) Masterwork Heavy Mace, Fire Touch
    * Ember Longsword - (Weapon) Masterwork Long Sword, Fire Touch
    * Ember Rapier - (Weapon) Masterwork Rapier, Fire Touch
    * Eternal Wand of Finger of Fire - (Misc) Exclusive, Finger of Fire (CL:1, 50/rest)
    * Eternal Wand of Spark of Light - (Misc) Spark of Light (CL:1, 50/rest) [ML:1, BTC, Exclusive, Cleric or Favored Soul Only, UMD:15]
    * Soren's Handwraps - (Weapon) Acid Touch

The Salvation of Korthos (Misery's Peak) (quest reward)

* Anger's Gift - (Necklace) Set Bonus (+2 bonus to hit), Strength +1, Resistance +1
    * Arcane Necklace - (Necklace) Set Bonus (+15% to 1st level spells), Intelligence +1, Charisma +1
    * Archivist's Necklace - (Necklace) Set Bonus (+20 spell points), Exclusive, Minor Mnemonic Enhancer (CL:1, 2/rest)
    * Devoted Necklace - (Necklace) Set Bonus (+20% to 1st level Heal spells), Wisdom +1, Resistance +1
    * Nimble Brooch - (Necklace) Set Bonus (+1 to hit and +2 to damage to sneak attack), Dexterity +1, Resistance +1
    * Pathfinder's Necklace - (Necklace) Set Bonus (+2 bonus to hit), Dexterity +1, Resistance +1
    * Protector's Brooch - (Necklace) Set Bonus (Light Fortification, +1 bonus to AC), Strength +1, Resistance +1
    * Troubleshooter's Necklace - (Necklace) Set Bonus (+1 Resistance (stacks), Open Locks +3, Disable Device +3), Dexterity +1, Resistance +1
    Averla (Elven Ranger/Fighter - Argonnessen)
    Tiq (Elven Ranger/Monk - Argonnessen)
    Tii (Elven Ranger - Argonnessen)

I have personally had the runic gloves drop from chests in the explorer zone from rare encounters, and also in end reward lists. They are not limited only to Necromancer's Doom, unless they made it that way with the release of mod 9.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

The Archivist Set is what I prefer for my mana users. I took the Protector Set for my Paladin on Cannih and it has been very nice.

The Runic Gloves seem nice until you can get through Delera's; not that I have checked to see if the bonus stacks with the Cartouche. Of course, you really don't need UMD until well after Delera's anyway.

From Korthos, for non-twinkers and newbies, the water breathing ring and the feather fall cloak clickies have been musts for my characters. Now that the feather fall cloak is 30 sec., it is actually useful.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Hey thanks for the Definitive List, but I was asking for experiences with the items IE which items do you not leave Korthos, The Harbor, or MP without.

That's good info about The Archivist's -- probably is a handy item for the first 6-8 levels in "oh ****" situations.

Any comments about the harbor? I think we've exhausted all recommendations on Korthos gear.

Tell me which items from the Syndicate are absolutely necesary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    The Archivist Set is what I prefer for my mana users. I took the Protector Set for my Paladin on Cannih and it has been very nice.

The Runic Gloves seem nice until you can get through Delera's; not that I have checked to see if the bonus stacks with the Cartouche. Of course, you really don't need UMD until well after Delera's anyway.

From Korthos, for non-twinkers and newbies, the water breathing ring and the feather fall cloak clickies have been musts for my characters. Now that the feather fall cloak is 30 sec., it is actually useful.
    Good suggestions. I'll add Protector Set for Paladins or defensive fighters, etc. I agree about the ring and feather fall (especially since UA Items are gone?)

Hey thanks for the Definitive List, but I was asking for experiences with the items IE which items do you not leave Korthos, The Harbor, or MP without.

That's good info about The Archivist's -- probably is a handy item for the first 6-8 levels in "oh ****" situations.

Any comments about the harbor? I think we've exhausted all recommendations on Korthos gear.

My level 20 still has the 2 SP charge goggles in her hot bar. Along with a Spell Storing ring Free SP is good no matter how little it is. Sometimes that ~125 mana from the ring and the goggles is the difference between making it to the shrine and dying just out of reach.

The Syndicate series also drops quite a bit of awesome Bound to Account gear that is not named at all. I have a +2 dex ring with no ML, some +5 search goggles with no ML and other stuff like that. It is definitely worth running those quests over and over for cool stuff.

a level 1 item is 66% of the benefit of a spellstoring ring and you think its only good til level 8?

In regards to Sharn rewards, it depends a lot on class and build, but whatever weapon is best for your character is great to get in Nicked form. I know the nicked mace does either sonic or force damage (think force, but haven't confirmed yet). My new FvS just picked up a nicked shortsword, which does acid damage.

Quick back to Korthos - if you have a rogue or rogue splash with DD/Search, then the Troubleshooter's set is a must have. +3 to Search and Spot! I also found an end reward goggles with +1 to DD, switch when I'm working on boxes.

I don't actually think there's a lot of loot that you HAVE to have from the Harbor that can't drop elsewhere. Muckbane of course, but that's not really a must-have since you can just buy cheap clubs for oozes if you need to. It probably should be on the list though. I think the Harbor is more about XP than loot, most of the good loot happens when you move into the marketplace, IMO.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Good suggestions. I'll add Protector Set for Paladins or defensive fighters, etc. I agree about the ring and feather fall (especially since UA Items are gone?)
    UA items are still around, just rarer and min lvl 7-9 that ive found so far except for that one hard to get to spawn trinket the bottle of air...
    Life's a b****, so am i, so build a bridge and get over it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Honestly, it takes a special type of stupid to play a game 20+ hours a week for 3 years and still suck.
    The Toyota Chick with the Toyota Toons
    http://my.ddo.com/toyvip/

UA is not gone just very rare now. Had someone pull the bottle of air from chest in ww and he confirmed it was ua still. Also been pulling them as end rewards rarely still.

EDIT: Darn beaten to it
    Last edited by quickgrif; 10-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.

"Be good, if you can't be good then be good at it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    - if you have a rogue or rogue splash with DD/Search, then the Troubleshooter's set is a must have. +3 to Search and Spot!
    I disagree. I think it is more of an attractive nuisance. It looks like it will be good, but selecting it prevents you from selecting the Pathfinder's set. The +2 to Hit from the Pathfinder's set will stack with other bonuses. There is nothing special about the bonuses from the Troubleshooter's set. They are easily replaced with normal +3 skill items. And, since there is no need to wear anything but Spot until you know you need to use it, there is very little value in putting the bonuses in only a few slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    I disagree. I think it is more of an attractive nuisance. It looks like it will be good, but selecting it prevents you from selecting the Pathfinder's set. The +2 to Hit from the Pathfinder's set will stack with other bonuses. There is nothing special about the bonuses from the Troubleshooter's set. They are easily replaced with normal +3 skill items. And, since there is no need to wear anything but Spot until you know you need to use it, there is very little value in putting the bonuses in only a few slots.
    Sure, you raise a pretty darn good point here.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast