Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thanks for taking me into the group, nibel.

I've elected to play a Warforged Wizard with a hint of Rogue named Blockade. If you all don't mind, I'd like to introduce him through a little story. No need to read it, it's just a long rendition of a short history.

A group of weary-looking humans walked into the noisy inn. Marfalcon eyed them over his ale as he slowly drank it--as slowly as a dwarf can, anyhow. He didn't need the wisdom gained over his hundred years or the experience from his days adventuring to tell him that this group had seen quite a scuffle, nor to tell that whoever they'd fought had borne the brunt of the damage. Despite their broken armor, filthy bodies, and still-bleeding wounds, they continued to push each other around and hurl playful insults regarding each others' ability, or inability, to hew down hobgoblins.

Marfalcon smiled to himself, recalling a time when he too scoured Khorvaire and Xen'drik for riches. Soon he found himself lost to dreaming, being pulled back to the world upon the words "Drinks for everyone, on us!" Marfalcon turned to see the human standing, and almost instinctively said, "Aye, I'll drink t’ that!" He downed the pint of ale that had only moments before been set before him.

The human grinned and gestured towards Marfalcon. "And two for this thirsty dwarf!"

Marfalcon let out a hearty laugh. "Now there's a lad what knows how t’ make friends!" He got up and moved over to the table the humans were at. "Tell me, what brings ye folks here? I can see the signs of battle on ya, and I could smell ya from where I was sittin’!"

"You have a keen eye..?"

"Wyrmsbane, Marfalcon Wyrmsbane. Artificer, if ye happen t' need me services."

The human laughed. "Of course, Master Wyrmsbane. I am Seviran; this is Uleri; and Galirahan." He nodded to his two companions. "Your sense of smell does not mislead you. We spent the last few days fending off hobgoblins from a couple wealthy merchants heading this way."

"So, yer mercenaries, are ye? No harm in making a little gold off the weakness of others, eh?"

"Indeed, and more than a little gold we made. But the fighting was difficult; we saw several men fall. Ill-skilled and ill-equipped fellows. Had no business being out there." Seviran shook his head in disgust.

"I tell ye, years ago I got one o' them Warforged t’ take with me when I traveled in dangerous parts. Called it Blockade, 'cause that's exactly what it did. Aye, it woulda stopped those hobgoblins dead in their tracks, a wall of arcane trickery."

“Why don’t you hire it out, then? You could make a good bit of gold in these times.”

Marfalcon nodded his head. “And I woulda, if everything had gone as I’d planned! I selected the materials fer it by hand, scavenged parts from deactivated Warforged, and built the parts I could not find. It was a laborious process, and took more’n a few years o’ my prime life, but when it was finished, after I paid an Archmage a pretty copper to imbue it with arcane ability, watched its eyes come alight and its body pulse with energy…” He shook his head; it almost looked as if a tear might come to his eye. “The common tongue has no words to do the feeling justice.

“I put it to good use, worked it enough to more’n pay fer what I put into it. Then it started t’ get curious. Started t’ ask questions about its freedom of choice, its soul, its life…even the Lord o’ Blades. I can’t prove a bloody thing, but I know it was that cursed elf cleric; devotes himself to the Lord o’ Blades, thinks all Warforged should find it and follow it. Pointy-eared propaganda preacher! I had t’ put up wards around the manor just to keep the damn thing from running away on me! It shoulda been out paying a hefty return, instead I had it cookin’ and cleanin’!

“’Course it wasn’t but a few months before I started to catch it eyeing those wards. I knew no good could come o’ it, so I put it through a process to rid it of its arcane ability.Without its magic, that construct had no way t’ bypass the wards.”

Uleri spoke up. “But without its magic, how would it be of use to you again? Perhaps one day you could have reconciled your differences with it and split the profit from contracts.”

The dwarf shook his head. “I told a bit of a half-truth back there, lad. That arcane power, once given, couldn’t easily be removed. I merely subdued it-- covered it--removed the Warforged’s memory of how to use it. That process could be reversed. Even on its own, something could happen to that thing that triggers an old memory, maybe the words fer casting a single spell. Only time would stand between that first memory and the recovery of its power in its entirety.

“Alas, I’ll never know what became of it. One day, Blockade just up and disappeared. I thought mayhap it had found some unwarded passage; perhaps it remembered some o’ its old magic; perhaps that damned cleric came and lifted me wards fer a moment. I looked fer days, but t’ no avail. Finally I found its exit: a seldom-used storage cellar with an outside exit. The lock had been picked, something I’d never taught it to do.” He stared into his drink, a sad expression, even by Dwarven standards, on his face.

Seviran struck the dwarf’s back with his palm. “Cheer up, Master Wyrmsbane…have another round. And if we see a spell-slinging Warforged that goes by the name of Blockade, we’ll subdue it and bring it back…for a price, of course.”

Marfalcon just smiled. “Nay lads, I wouldn’t want ya tryin’ that. Ye seem like good men, with a long life ahead o’ ya.” His grin widened. “No reason t’ cut it short on my account.”

DUN DUN DUN.
    Last edited by yams; 10-16-2009 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhaz1970
    Welcome to D&D (or D&D based in DDO's case) where players have spent the last 34 years rolling characters that they want to play, that fit what they think is fun, or their idea of a heroic fantasy character...
    Orien: Sevalia|Cugel|Fedor|Blastomatic

Community Member

Hi there blockade. Nice to finish off of our new group. Please visit the website http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=2785376 and sign up so we can get you going on the website.

Thanks,

Renrick/Halek
    Last edited by Halek; 10-17-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halek View Post
    Hi there blockade. Nice to finish off of our new group. Please visit the website http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=2785376 and sign up so we can get you going on the website.

Thanks,

Renrick/Halek
    Just registered as DDOYams. If it's important, Blockade's last name is Lothoc (shared surname of all characters).
    Welcome to D&D (or D&D based in DDO's case) where players have spent the last 34 years rolling characters that they want to play, that fit what they think is fun, or their idea of a heroic fantasy character...

Community Member

hey everyone i am back at home. ill try to catch up on the quests for next week. and next week i wont be able to be on till about 9est so ill just get on as soon as i can and meet you all wherever you are.

So, this mean that we will repeat Sacrifices on Hard, and do some slayer/explorer while we wait to do Misery's Peak with the full team. Looks like a nice plan to me.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    So, this mean that we will repeat Sacrifices on Hard, and do some slayer/explorer while we wait to do Misery's Peak with the full team. Looks like a nice plan to me.
    ((Sounds good to me as well))

Renrick is still baffled why he can't land a good heal on Jeriicho and now a 2nd Warforge .
    Last edited by Halek; 10-19-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Added some Role Playing remarks :)

Community Member

Ok just got caught up thru sacrifices on hard since i will miss that tomorrow. cant wait to see you all tomorrow.

Added Sacrifices and Misery's Peak to the list. Since we're not returning to Khortos anymore, then Khortos slayer/rare/explorer is open to anyone go and complete, if you want. The same can be said from the 5 solo quests on Harbor listed on page 1 as completed. After all that, i think everyone will be lvl 2.4.

Next week, 9 PM just to get Jerlaxle since start, and then we change our time definitively for 8 PM. If everything runs well, next week we can go to level 3.

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

This week we will start 9 PM for the last time (I hope), and my plan is do both Leaky Dingly quests (Bringing the Light and Information is Key), Durk's and Butcher's.

After that, we will have enough XP to reach level 3, but we can continue on level 2 until we finish all level 2 quests, so we can sustain the challenge. But if the group prefer to level asap, then we can level on the end of the night run too.

Community Member

All -- I have updated the Quest Lists on the Web Site for the Sacrifices & Misery's Peak. I have to figure out how I am going to show Solo Quests.

Added Sacrifices and Misery's Peak to the list. Since we're not returning to Khortos anymore, then Khortos slayer/rare/explorer is open to anyone go and complete, if you want. The same can be said from the 5 solo quests on Harbor listed on page 1 as completed. After all that, i think everyone will be lvl 2.4.

Next week, 9 PM just to get Jerlaxle since start, and then we change our time definitively for 8 PM. If everything runs well, next week we can go to level 3.
    Nibel,

It says we are not going to go back to Khortos Island. When do we go back for Favor, so we can get the extra backpack slot etc... Not sure if we will ever get enough favor, unless we do some of these quests again.

Halek/Renrick
    Last edited by Halek; 10-26-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spelling

Community Member

Rjedi & Yams,

When you are doing your builds, could you guys please add atleast 1 (maybe more) of WarForged Healer's Friends enhancements (if you haven't), so my healing spells will have some greater effect on you guys.

Thanks,

Renrick/Halek

Quote Originally Posted by Halek View Post
    Nibel,

It says we are not going to go back to Khortos Island. When do we go back for Favor, so we can get the extra backpack slot etc... Not sure if we will ever get enough favor, unless we do some of these quests again.

Halek/Renrick
    Usually, we run the quests on their level. So, if we are on lvl 3, we do only lvl 3 quests, and so on. DDO have enough quests to run to cap without repeating any quest, so, with some exceptions (like we did with Sacrifices), we will run every quest on normal, and that's it.

Explorer zones are the exceptions, since we can't track exactly were everyone is. So, we can say "everyone have STK on normal", but not "everyone have 56 slayers on Cerulean Hills". But since explorer zones are a grindfest, we will enter only to check explorers, and if someone want to go back to fill slayer/rare, go ahead. They just need to remember to hold the level up, if you get to much xp.

Community Member

Usually, we run the quests on their level. So, if we are on lvl 3, we do only lvl 3 quests, and so on. DDO have enough quests to run to cap without repeating any quest, so, with some exceptions (like we did with Sacrifices), we will run every quest on normal, and that's it.

Explorer zones are the exceptions, since we can't track exactly were everyone is. So, we can say "everyone have STK on normal", but not "everyone have 56 slayers on Cerulean Hills". But since explorer zones are a grindfest, we will enter only to check explorers, and if someone want to go back to fill slayer/rare, go ahead. They just need to remember to hold the level up, if you get to much xp.
    Nibel,

Sounds good to me...

Halek/Renrick

Added Bringing the Light, Information is Key, Durk's Got A Secret, and Walk the Butcher's Path to the list.

I believe we all have enough XP to go to level 3, but we decided to stay on level 2 while we finish the other level 2 quests. And our time was changed permanently to 8 PM EST. Next week, we will meet on Wayward Lobster to finish all the others level 2 quests (Garrison's, Ringleader, and all wayward quests).

Sorry i could not make it, i sign in at 8 thinking that is when we were meeting... but i had to get off at 10 anyways. So i am going to make up the quest on normal and will NOT level up.

Added Defend Haverdasher, Garrison's Missing Pack, Recovering the Lost Tome, Stealthy Repossession, The Kobold's New Ringleader, The Smuggler's Warehouse, Protect Baundry's Interests, Stop Hazadill's Shipment, Retrieve the Stolen Goods, and Missing in Action to the list.

Great run last night, and we almost done all lvl 2 quests (missing only Sunken Sewer), and now we all are on level 3, congratulations. Next week, let's meet in Rusty Nail to finish Sunken Sewer, and then go on to Harbormaster Zin to get Waterworks 1-2 done.[/QUOTE]

Default New Addition to the Group

A wandering minstrel approaches your group as you sit around a tavern spending your hard-earned gold on food and drink. With a flourish, he introduces himself as Lochloinn mac Roibeard, a bard from distant lands seeking his fortune in Stormreach. He begins to spin for you a tale of the wizard Blockade, whom he encountered on his trip to the city. He tells you that Blockade was embarking on a pilgrimage to find the Lord of Blades. The time spent as Marfalcon's servant had kept him from developing a sense of purpose, and he hoped that the Lord of Blades could grant him at least that. After Lochloinn shared his own visions of adventure with Blockade, the wizard told Lochloinn of the travelers he was leaving behind, even going so far as to suggest which tavern they might be found in. The minstrel finishes his tale with a suggestion that he might continue seeking his fortune under the banner of Ala Rubra.

((tl;dr Blockade wasn't doing it for me so I've rerolled as a human soon-to-be-warchanter bard named Lochloinn.))

Added The Sunken Sewer and all Waterworks quests.

Since that's the 3rd week in a row that Rjedi couldn't play with us, I'm opening the 6th spot for someone else. To join, just came to level 3, read the rules of the group (first post), and say here what's your toon's name.

If someone wants to know what you're missing, we are more or less well rounded (Tank, caster, healer, buffer, trapmonkey), just do whatever you want to play. A melee DPS or a wizard would be better, but dont think you need to get one of those options to join.

Added all Catacombs quests.

For next week, i heard that is a holiday on US (Thanksgiving, or something like that). Since me and Halrong weren't americans, then we probly will be playing. But if all the other 3 members are missing, i think it's better for us to skip this night, and get Cerulean done on the next week: 12/03.

RL issues come first in every instance. If you think you WILL be there, sitting in front of the game to play, then say so. If you cant be 100% on the game that night (because youre on a family reunion, or any other good holiday reason, iykwim), then avoid it and have your fun without worrying about do 2 things at the same time.

================================================== =========

Now, about tactics. Maybe i'm overreacting, and if i am, please, tell me.

I think Lochloinn is thinking too much in increase his kill count and putting his survivability in second place. On Catacombs i couldn't do much (because i couldn't intimidate the mindless undeads), so i saw that a little better. Many times i saw his life bar dropping. Fast. I'm not sure if was Renrick or himself who healed him to top every time, but the SP/heal was hurting us a little because of that. Ren was dried out of SP at least twice on that night.

The #1 rule about dedicated teams still is "play with whatever you want". You can have your warchanter melee bard DPS, just try to think better that the rest of the team is there to support everyone as a team. Your killcount isn't even being checked. Use cc spells, use Fascinate, beat the guy i'm blocking, and get agro from the ones hitting Halrong and Jerlaxe. You're doing great till now, but i'm afraid that when we reach the big hitters (Gwylan, Redwillow, Co6, Gianthold), your defenses aren't in par with your modus operanti.

Ren, remember me to donate some gold for wands (I think Loch will be our primary negotiator), so you and Loch can top us all between fights. Using mana to heal between fights isn't a smart use of SP, since your own heals are usually better than the ones we can get from pots and wands (for each healing spell having its own cooldown timer, and the first three having a smaller cooldown than wands), so wand-healing (less effective) must kick in when we don't have a big club swinging over our heads.

Community Member

This is good information for me nibel. I usually play Fighters & Monks, you guys are getting the on the job training cleric (sorry).

I forgot that Loch had Heals, so half the time I was hitting him as well as himself (so that was one issue that I have to work through). As you pointed out, it is better to pick up some of the wands (Cures and maybe some of the buffs) instead of using my sp.

As I said I am learning how to play a Cleric so if you see something I can do better, just let me know.

Thanks,

Halek/Renrick

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast