Thread: Any TR guide?

Community Member

Default Any TR guide?

Hey everybody,

Soon i'm gonna TR my third time and i'm looking for a complete TR guide that will consider these:
    -I don't have XP tome.
    -(Not Sure)But lets say I won't use XP potions.
    I can get along with buying the quests as I have like 3.5k tps.
    Thanks to all answers and please modify your guide according to my conditions.

-Spinner

Quote Originally Posted by thbu21 View Post
    Hey everybody,

Soon i'm gonna TR my third time and i'm looking for a complete TR guide that will consider these:
    -I don't have XP tome.

-Spinner

Try Mrcow's Diaries of a True Reincarnate. Some of it may be considered outdated, but it's still good stuff. I haven't read the Druid one, but the others I used (back when I was playing) didn't rely on anything special. He even has YouTube videos of most, if not all, the quests he does in case you get stuck or want to see how he completed it. It's also completely optional to use XP pots, it'll definitely help if you can get your hands on some, but they aren't required.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=381780

His signature has the Diaries for each class type (wizard, melee, etc.).

Good luck.
    Last edited by loki_3369; 11-03-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: I herped so hard I derped.
    Snarfity snarfly snarf.

Community Member

Many of the older TR guides from a year or two ago are still applicable. A year ago, there were no XP tomes, and no bravery bonus. So the bravery bonus along will make up for the pots, and when you add in any new high XP/min quests, those guides could actually end up being somewhat conservative.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khimberlhyte View Post
    Many of the older TR guides from a year or two ago are still applicable. A year ago, there were no XP tomes, and no bravery bonus. So the bravery bonus along will make up for the pots, and when you add in any new high XP/min quests, those guides could actually end up being somewhat conservative.
    Maybe you could point me at one of these guides, please.

-Spinner

Maybe you could point me at one of these guides, please.

-Spinner
    If the MrCow series I gave earlier didn't help, you could try- forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=388494
    I don't really know about any other good ones. The search function might help some more.
    Snarfity snarfly snarf.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by loki_3369 View Post
    If the MrCow series I gave earlier didn't help, you could try- forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=388494
    I don't really know about any other good ones. The search function might help some more.
    Thanks for the answers loki, but I don't believe these will help me(I don't really get where the actual guide is for MrCow)

-Spinner

What are you looking to find in the guide? You've mentioned your restrictions, but not what you want the guide to go through in regards to your True Reincarnation.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    What are you looking to find in the guide? You've mentioned your restrictions, but not what you want the guide to go through in regards to your True Reincarnation.
    Acctualy, I didn't get where the 'quests to-do' part in your guide, all I need is a list of quests with how many times on why difficulty that will answer me needs.

-Spinner

People seldom post True Reincarnation leveling paths without all the other EXP considerations (Tome of Learning, Experience Elixirs, etc.) as the target audience tends to be those who are trying to get True Reincarnation done fast as well as have access to everything the game has to offer. Chances are you will have to choose a leveling path and fill in the EXP gaps you encounter, or just make your own path from scratch.

Regardless, here are some links to leveling paths and other resources:

Assumes using stuff beyond your restrictions, for expedience
    kauetomaz's
    Carpone's
    Gwadaboom's

Assumes 10% EXP Elixir
    Kareena's (aka, DJ's)
    Lithic's (aka, Star's)

Other References
    Generalized favored big EXP quests
    Goldeneye's Reference Guide for Leveling

Quote Originally Posted by thbu21
    Acctualy, I didn't get where the 'quests to-do' part in your guide
    My Diaries of a True Reincarnate aren't a guide; not in the sense you were looking for. What they generally offer for True Reincarnates are:
    • A listing of EXP-per-minute for various classes in solo situations.
    • A listing of equipment used by me at various levels.
    • A comprehensive set of videos to show how the quests were done.

It is more of a reference than it is a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by thbu21
    -I don't have XP tome.
    My advice (use it as you see fit), as you still need Turbine Points to fill in the missing content, is to do every quest you have access to on Elite (or Hard, if Elite would prove beyond you for particular quests) and amass some favor. Once you've exhausted the relevant level range of quests, then consult the various Leveling Guides for which quests are worth repeating for EXP until you gain a level.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

DJ's No Bravery Bonus

I look at several, include Mr. Cow's, as well. Mix it up if you are running multiple lives to reduce quest fatigue.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

Efficient TR Leveling Guide
    this guide is pretty good...
    ABBYdoll : Blond Brain - Huge butt (don't stay behind or you will see nothing)
    ABBYhawk : No Brain - Big Muscles (never trust him)
    Fyros : A noob with a Great Heart (have no expectation and you will be happy)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lillou View Post
    Efficient TR Leveling Guide
    this guide is pretty good...
    What if I don't have the tome of learning + xp pot..

-Spinner

Hey everybody,

-I don't have XP tome.

-Spinner
    Dude, get a tome. Best purchase you can make with TPs for a TR. Once you hit L18 on a third life TR it's an average of 100k per RANK!

And at least get those 5% XP pots from House C from the challenge turn ins. You'll want those stacking with your Voice of the Master from level 10 or so on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Dude, get a tome. Best purchase you can make with TPs for a TR. Once you hit L18 on a third life TR it's an average of 100k per RANK!

And at least get those 5% XP pots from House C from the challenge turn ins. You'll want those stacking with your Voice of the Master from level 10 or so on.
    Well it's not like I have unused 1.5k tps, I only got like 3.5k and I guess i'll use all of them for quests...
    Any other suggestion?

-Spinner

Well it's not like I have unused 1.5k tps, I only got like 3.5k and I guess i'll use all of them for quests...
    Any other suggestion?

-Spinner
    Wow, is that what the tomes of learning are going for now? Ouch. What about lesser tomes? Yeah, I guess I'd wait until some crazy sale on them then.

At least the 5% xp pots you can earn in game using the daily challenge tokens.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Wow, is that what the tomes of learning are going for now? Ouch. What about lesser tomes? Yeah, I guess I'd wait until some crazy sale on them then.

At least the 5% xp pots you can earn in game using the daily challenge tokens.
    Yeah I know, thanks.

Community Member

What if I don't have the tome of learning + xp pot..
    -Spinner
    It is not rocket science. If you do not have tome or pots you do more quests. Look at the most common guides and fill the gaps with doing quests 1-2 lvls lower than your current on elite (and possibly repeat on hard).

There is so much xp out there now, even without tome + pots that it should not be a problem if you have the most the packs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tiipeJii View Post
    It is not rocket science. If you do not have tome or pots you do more quests. Look at the most common guides and fill the gaps with doing quests 1-2 lvls lower than your current on elite (and possibly repeat on hard).

There is so much xp out there now, even without tome + pots that it should not be a problem if you have the most the packs.
    Yeah I know, thanks for helping.
    I thought about doing all the quests elite, but I just need to know what to farm?
    Maybe you could tell me if this is a good method:
    Doing all quests Elite and farming the quests that are listed on guides

Thanks,
    -Spinner
    Last edited by thbu21; 11-09-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Community Member

Yeah I know, thanks for helping.
    I thought about doing all the quests elite, but I just need to know what to farm?
    Maybe you could tell me if this is a good method:
    Doing all quests Elite and farming the quests that are listed on guides

Thanks,
    -Spinner
    Yes, that does sound like a good method. But do not get too fixated on the lists. Some of them depend on having multiple zerg-capable people to really worth it etc.

You will very quickly develop a sense of what is worth repeating and what is not. If you get a good group a blitz through a quest, do not be afraid to repeat it on hard and normal at least even if it is not on the lists. The task may seems frightening at first, but it really is not. The last mil is the only one with any real potential to drag on, especially if you hurry and do quests too early. It is important to do enough Gianthold, Necro 4 and Vale so you do not have too much to grind after that.