Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Oh yea I knew it said "melee attacks" somewhere.

It says it in the actual set bonus description, which you can only view if you actually have the set bonus active. A lot of these are very different from the actual item descriptions so I should try to include more. You can also see the set bonus icon here using the same icon as the "slicing blow" feat, which is a bit of a hint that it is indeed bleed damage.
    Set bonus Description:

Also went ahead and tested it again to make sure nothings change and confirm numbers... Was some arguement saying it dioes a minimum of 3 damage, but I got it to only do 2 again - took me hundreds of swings, it's very rare for some reason:
    http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1328/2damage.jpg

And here's a pic of the duration since they added that to the tooltips:

Shows 9 seconds, so it's 10 seconds:
    1 Initial hit +
    1 hit at 8 seconds
    1 hit at 6 seconds
    1 hit at 4 seconds
    1 hit at 2 seconds
    nothing at 0

Will add some pics to op.
    Last edited by Shade; 01-25-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Exclamation

just looked back at my post and realized i forgot to say unequiping the sacred band doesnt reduce curent turns when unequiped while keeping set on

EDIT: just got radiant servant set so ill check that somepoint
    Last edited by Book_O_Dragons; 01-25-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    mm yea guess I was thinking of an old discussion we had on this. I wrote "melee" in my guide.. Which I dunno seems right in ddospeak, tho I guess technically unarmed combat is melee.

In any case I did specificly state "not unarmed" so that should be clear.

Well exactly how "magic" works isn't something you can say logically should appply to X lol. It's magic, it's a fantasy game, it's not sepposed to make any sense. The ravager PrE focuses on melee weapons only, so the set bonus works with melee weapons only.

All the monks PrEs do work on unarmed. All the non-monk PrE bonus dice do not work on unarmed (Tempest too I heard, tho i havent confirmed it), pretty sure thats intended.

Maybe the fact the monks PrE's also work with a weapon isn't intended. Tho some monks like quarterstaffs so that maybe why.

I dunno why i'd admit I don't know. I do know how it works - I personally tested it.. And it was in the guide before you asked.

Neither of us can say we know for 100% certainty exactly whats intended for DDO, we can only speculate based on our game knowledge.. And I have a good idea how these things work so I'd say my speculation is as valid as anyones.
    Uhm, no we can't know- that's why I asked if anyone knew if it was WAI, you said yes and gave a reason that doesn't show that you know it's WAI, you believe it's WAI, but honestly (like me) have no idea.

My problem isn't you suggesting or giving a reason you believe that's it WAI, but the fact that you state that it is.

Anyway, again great guide, don't want to derail it anymore than I may have, just will continue on trying to get Dev comment if the Ravager and Unarmed combat are WAI or not.
    (Since I assume the devs read your posts more than mine, hopefully I'll get lucky here...)

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Uhm, no we can't know- that's why I asked if anyone knew if it was WAI, you said yes and gave a reason that doesn't show that you know it's WAI, you believe it's WAI, but honestly (like me) have no idea.
    Yea maybe only a dev can say for 100%.. But I don't agree I "have no idea". I have a pretty good idea and I've very rarely been wrong in the past on these things even in the face of dozens of people trying to tell me otherwise. My post right after the one you quoted shows that.

All items and effects that state they only work "on melee attacls" don't work on ranged or unarmed, and that's WAI as I recall a dev post that confirmed that, was years ago and I can't quote it but the picture shows that ravager is intended to work "on melee attacks"

General rules:
    Items that say they work on melee attacks - only melee weapon attacks.
    Items that say they work on unarmed, ranged and melee - all styles.
    Items that say they only work on ranged - only ranged.
    Items that say they only work on unarmed - only unarmed.
    Items that are very vague and don't state anything - generally should work on all, but there's probably exceptions.. These just show up when the descript writers don't know themself or are being lazy.

And those general rules should apply to most everything.

I also don't think it's worth worrying about. Because even if it wasn't - there's almost no chance that they devs would care to fix it. 99% of times when items get changed - they get nerfed, not improved to benefit a single class.
    Last edited by Shade; 01-26-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Bard (N):
    Spellsinger: Grants an +2 bard songs after resting.
    Virtuoso: ?
    Warchanter: Works, but maximize and extend cost deductions do not stack with any other item effects.
    Virtuoso gives +1 song (tho description says it gives additional songs) and -2 sp when extend - it works, I can't check if it's stack with items. I bet not though, since Warchanter don't.
    MR. NOOB
    Skanher, Skani, Skaner, Skannar, Skanbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skani View Post
    Virtuoso gives +1 song (tho description says it gives additional songs) and -2 sp when extend - it works, I can't check if it's stack with items. I bet not though, since Warchanter don't.
    I can't resist. I tried but I failed. Since you had to point out the whole song/songs thing, I had to point out that the last part of your sentence should read ...since Warchanter doesn't.

Sorry.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, but the 1d6 fire effect from Oremi set procs 100% on THF glancing blows, much like barbarian death frenzy/frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skani View Post
    Thanks. Added.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Post radiant servant test w/ warpriest and sacred band

radiant set doesn't stack with sacred band
    unequiping sacred band while RS set equiped only loses 1 turn
    swapping from RS belt to warpriest belt removes 1 turn
    swapping the other way removes 2 turns both rings are equiped

Ill check exorsist of the silver flame next when i get ring

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    radiant set doesn't stack with sacred band
    Good but I still don't have any confirmation taht the radiant servant set even works.

I guess your saying it does provide the +1 turn undead.

But does it provide an increase to your effective cleric level while turning undead?

Default Deepwood Sniper set

Deepwood Sniper: Adds +2 untyped bonus to hit (fully stacks). +5% Competence bonus to ranged attack rate. Does not stack with other competence bonus modifiers (unconfirmed)
    I have this set on my monk. The +2 to hit does not stack with other competence bonuses to hit. I've tested by equipping and removing spectral gloves and this set, unarmed, melee weapons, and ranged. Sadly, the set appears to be a competence bonus and does not 'fully stack' with everything.

Chalk it up to another bad description by the writer. I've bug reported the set and description just for the record, but don't expect it will ever get changed. Thanks again for keeping this thread up to date Shade.
    -Whargoul
    Lost Legions - Sarlona: Bottles, Brewin, Kungfu, Madlute, Devilride, Phalemaster, Warmageddon, Scimitard, Bladebarian

Quote Originally Posted by Whargoul View Post
    I have this set on my monk. The +2 to hit does not stack with other competence bonuses to hit. I've tested by equipping and removing spectral gloves and this set, unarmed, melee weapons, and ranged. Sadly, the set appears to be a competence bonus and does not 'fully stack' with everything.

Chalk it up to another bad description by the writer. I've bug reported the set and description just for the record, but don't expect it will ever get changed. Thanks again for keeping this thread up to date Shade.
    Thanks, how about the attack speed boost? any testing? (edit: oh yea u said monks.. guess u dont have it on a ranger..)

updated..

Also clerics out there.. Surely someones tested the radiant servant set? One of the last ones i need if im ever gona finish this endless guide..

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    LOL wut?

"Best" necro ever?
    Not really a necro when it was only a month and it's still a very relevant guide.

I mean sadly this nearly 2 year old raid, is still.. The absolute newest true high level raid in ddo. And really the only lvl20 one (for all difficulties).

Not really a necro when it was only a month and it's still a very relevant guide.

I mean sadly this nearly 2 year old raid, is still.. The absolute newest true high level raid in ddo. And really the only lvl20 one (for all difficulties).
    It's a necro when it's been a month, and all the poster's got to say is that.

Community Member

not sure if it was noted before but tempest set's 1d4 bonus dmg now seems to have been changed type recently.
    i noted it doing full damage against devil bosses for instance.

i think it is related with the brawling gloves. those also bypass DR.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345