Thread: Lair of Poison

Default Lair of Poison

I would like a raid with the boss as a green dragon that is similarly laid out like Tempest Spine (or not) maybe call it Lair of Poison.

I would like the lanscape to be something like the new quest in the Cerelean Hills mostly outdoor with a few small and large caves here and there. In route to the green dragon you might encounter some highwayman that really is not tied to the boss but in a way that makes sense to the quest.

This might be a dragon that is hunting and killing some small village occasionally for food and the like.

Some of the things you might encounter as well might be some wyverns and other dragon kind as well as some small green dragons that may be the green dragon's boss children or something. I would think that the boss green dragon be the eldest possible dragon in D&D and that this be a level 20 raid or higher if possible. Maybe as you trek to the eventual encounter you are traveling up various beaten' paths along some mountain both on the outside and occasional paths that lead through smaller caves and back out to a path on the outside of the mountain.

The Green dragon lair could be some extremely large cave with various minions that she would summon or that just reside there as well. Maybe one small dragon is in there not with his or her other borthers and sisters or something else be imaginative. In this cave lay vasts mounds of gold like in Gianthold Tor and a chest or two.

Pre-raid
    A pre-raid might be something that is not really tied into the boss but neccessary to gain access to the raid quest. Maybe the boss of the pre-raid is the eventual Sharn Sydicate boss or something similar that you have to beat just in order to get him to talk about the location of the green dragon lair. I believe not all pre-raids have to on the same story line as the raid.

What might be some ideas you have for a dungeon?
    Last edited by shores11; 03-25-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Community Member mediocresurgeon's Avatar

It would be cool to fight against an airborne opponent in a wide-open, outdoor environment. Might even be cooler if you have too save X buildings from getting burned, and get an extra chest at the end for each important building you save.

The nerfing will continue until morale improves!

Actually, some random nonsense, not tied to any story line, just doing good for the sake of the local citizenry quests (as you've suggested) sounds like a great idea. We've almost pushed the current story line as far as it can reasonably go -- saving the entire world from the forces of greater evil. But, can we save it from itself?

After all, what good is a hero if he saves the world but lets the people suffer and die?

Default Lair of Poison

I agree but I also think that in the past the game has been to focused on one or two end storys.

1. Demons & Devils - I think this is a great story line and the new additions to module 9 is fantastic. However I also think that there should be no more additions to that storyline.
    2. Stormreaver - Nice storyline however the additional storyline in Stealer of Souls making him a liche might have carried the story just one to many times.

I like the two previously mentioned storylines but I also think the game is big enough to handle many end of game storylines like the Green Dragon I mentioned here. Also the end boss does not always have to be a huge monster like a giant, pit fiend or dragon but could be a clan boss like I hope they are taking the Sharn Syndicate to.

We should have maybe 10 or more storylines with various bosses that in no way tie into each other. This is D&D in my opinion.
    Last edited by shores11; 03-25-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Community Member mediocresurgeon's Avatar

I really like the Stormreaver storyline, actually. But to me, it only feels half-finished.

Also, did you know that The Shroud is the sequel to The Accursed Ascension? That's right! The Devs assume people actually beat the Abbot when they wrote the story!

The nerfing will continue until morale improves!

Quote Originally Posted by mediocresurgeon View Post
    I really like the Stormreaver storyline, actually. But to me, it only feels half-finished.

Also, did you know that The Shroud is the sequel to The Accursed Ascension? That's right! The Devs assume people actually beat the Abbot when they wrote the story!
    Yes, I knew that about the Black Abbot.
    Last edited by shores11; 03-25-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mediocresurgeon View Post
    Well obviously. They're establishing a showdown with Truthful One, and also maybe the extraplanar invasions who started that mess. Sorjek is a henchman; his boss must come.

Building off this idea, seeing as I have only heard bits and pieces of the end game content. What if one of the dragons was raised an undead, but not like normal undead.

Years ago, when 3.0 the bomb, I tossed my party a Green Dragon Death Knight. To be more accurate, a Mature Adult Green Dragon Death Knight. CR 19 and the party was 20. It was a brawl to the bitter end, with the dragon only losing thanks to a lucky smite evil by the almost dead paladin.

Something like that would pose a huge threat to the local area, undead followers, his own natural spell casting, undead state, home turf, living followers, and much more. It would be a beast to be honest.
    Ericnox Shattersoul - Paladin 18/Fighter 2 TR'd! Currently a 14 Fighter! "May the Host have Mercy... Cuz I won't..."

Default Lord Soth

What about something like this character in DDO? Maybe add another quest line to Delera's Graveyard area?

Any hopes of a green dragon boss out there on the horizon. Maybe update 14?

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    Any hopes of a green dragon boss out there on the horizon. Maybe update 14?
    Nice my wishes have come true a green dragon in DDO.