Community Member

Question Rather obnoxious handling of AFK users.

I seem to have noticed that if you go AFK for a period of time while in-game, not only does it log you out, it completely closes the DDO client on your computer?

Why would it ever do this? What if I had no intention to log out, much less close the game entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by giveuptg View Post
    I seem to have noticed that if you go AFK for a period of time while in-game, not only does it log you out, it completely closes the DDO client on your computer?

Why would it ever do this? What if I had no intention to log out, much less close the game entirely?
    It reduces server load. Just like setting your comp to sleep mode. Why use resources when they aren't needed.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Community Member

Okay, I understand that for players who are in-game, causing transfer between client and server.

But why not just boot you to the character select screen? No transfer occurs if you're not interacting with the game, but it'd still be much less annoying than having to open DDO and log in again...

Quote Originally Posted by giveuptg View Post
    Okay, I understand that for players who are in-game, causing transfer between client and server.

But why not just boot you to the character select screen? No transfer occurs if you're not interacting with the game, but it'd still be much less annoying than having to open DDO and log in again...
    You're still connected to the server so other players cannot queue in. If you want to go AFK longer then pay for an account.
    Slugitt "Fix all the bugs before you add more, we are not an ant colony, we will not win with more bugs!"