Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sublime Escape from Korthos Island, Sunday 27 September!

Hi!

I have rolled a baby favored soul on Thelanis! Anyone wishing to run through Korthos Island (snowy Korthos), please feel free to roll a Permadeath baby and send me a message! I will be playing him from about 8 AM central Sunday until I get everyone who is new to Thelanis and wants to try Permadeath, through the Island!

Thanks and happy hunting!!!!

ooooh, sign me up! 8am sunday works perfectly too!

Hmmmm, methinks I shall run a wizard.

Yes yes, I know. Dicey choice for permadeath but I have faith in my fellow players to not let me die the first time a strong breeze whacks me.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

I would like to try this out. I dont have any 32 point builds on Thelanis so this should be a challenge.

Are you skipping the tutorial or going through it?

Who do I send the message to?

Default awesome!

I will be going through the tutorial! I repeat! DO NOT SKIP THE TUTORIAL!

This way, anyone who wants to roll a new toon on Thelanis will be welcome to join us! I am holding "baby Morahh" The Bard-barian, there now!!! I will also be announcing this tonight during the DDO cast FPS radio show I am doing with Jerry.

I know how it is to roll a new toon on a new server, it can be very isolating! With any luck, I will have you all level three by the time we are done!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Lessah; 09-18-2009 at 05:26 PM.

I actually have a question regarding your guild rules as well. It has to do with not being able to use in game vendors to buy items? Why not?

If I roll up a level 1 and earn a small amount of gold in PnP, I can buy a simple weapon with no enchantment on it, ammo for ranged weapons, simple clubs for beating slimes etc.

In PnP you actually get starter money so its technically easier in PnP than it is in DDO in this respect.

If I decide I dont want to use one of the 6 weapons the tutorial gives me and go buy a regular quarterstaff for instance, is this possible?

It sure makes it alot easier on feats if I am able to decide what I am interested in earlier on.

I completely understand not using the AH, or going to the potion vendor and buying a 100 stack of every single cool potion in permadeath.

Default Good question!

Ahhhhhhhhh good question!
    Sublime is different from the hard core PD guilds in that you ARE allowed to use the gold you earn to shop the brokers and the AH.

There are plenty of ways to die, and you can't take the gold WITH you!
    Also, you are allowed to use your gold to buy wands or srolls or potions to the extent that you can afford them! At the low levels it keeps you kinda poor, but at high levels my big boy permadeather keeps around 30k plat in the bank all the time.

Sweet, hopefully I will see you guys on Sunday. This is not this Sunday but next Sunday, correct?

I played perma in Neverwinter Nights and have been wanting to try it out in DDO for a while now.

Default doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Sweet, hopefully I will see you guys on Sunday. This is not this Sunday but next Sunday, correct?

I played perma in Neverwinter Nights and have been wanting to try it out in DDO for a while now.
    Doh!

Ready for a good laugh? I was thinking the the 20th was actually the 27th! hahaha!
    So let's play it this way! Let's do BOTH!!!! I will be online as Morahh the bard-barian starting at 8AM Sunady the 20th and also 8 AM Sunday the 27th! (central time) I can go until 12 noon or longer! I have baby permadeathers at level 3 so after I get you through Korthos, I can swap over to the harbor no sweat! (I just wont finish Misery's with Morahh!)

This way I can play Morahh both weeks!

This Sunday sounds good as well.

Aenton Spellstone, Dwarven Wizard is ready and rearin to go come sunday.

Going to do the tutorial now to get it out of the way. See you all sunday mornin!

Default yay!!!

Ok,

So For TOMMORROW, I have

Aenton (Dwarven Wizzard)
    Chai (He will either be with me this Sunday or Next)
    Govt Mule
    Xiloscient (He will be on a leash! If he zergs I will ride him through every quest like a rented mule!)

& Me! MORAHH, I'll see ya in the morning!

Sounds good to me. One question however. I know this is permadeath, but considering the influx of new players would it be taboo of me to find some random newbie and just dump all my dead toons items and monies on?

Were I to die of course. Which I have no intention of.

Default dooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Sounds good to me. One question however. I know this is permadeath, but considering the influx of new players would it be taboo of me to find some random newbie and just dump all my dead toons items and monies on?

Were I to die of course. Which I have no intention of.
    Already planning on your death eh? Nice. I like that kind of Optimism!

Here is a cut and paste from our FAQ page!

GUILD CHARTER:

You die, you delete. We do not use Resurrection Shrines.

A cleric or other character which is able to raise a dead person in the party can raise you, otherwise you are gone. You can not bring somebody into the party to raise you, they must have already been there when you died. You may not be raised before reaching level 4.

*PvP deaths DO NOT count
    *Deaths to known bugs DO NOT count (listed below)
    *Lag deaths DO count
    *Death in the city DOES count

When you die you can pass your gear to the survivors in the group. You may pass down one item to your next character (Heirloom item). You also have the option of mailing items to the guild bank 'Hargus' to be used as rewards in the next guild event or sold to purchase rewards for members that reach level 10.

You can only trade items with characters in your level range. We do not accept gifts from or trade with characters outside of the guild. No use of the DDOStore within the quest. Character Slots, Races, Classes, Adventure Packs, Guest Passes, Hair Dye, Containers (quivers/bags/etc..), & Teleport items can be purchased from the DDOStore. Many of the other DDOStore items are available in game through collectables and can be used, just not purchased with Turbine Points.

We do not play in PUGs (Pick-up groups) with our permadeath characters, only with other guild members. You can use Hirelings but they can not take a spot away from a real player.

Don't rush ahead of the group. We stick together and work as a team to try and get everybody through the quest alive. Don't recall from a quest to recover and re-enter at full strength.

----------

Not tough enough for you? You're more than welcome to place even harsher rules on yourself. Don't pass on an item at death/delete on a bug death/don't accept a raise dead/do not pass go/do not collect $200/etc...

SERVER: Thelanis.

Saweet! Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Now to finish out my reports, go home to sleep and i'll see ya'll in the AM!

Quote Originally Posted by Lessah View Post
    Xiloscient (He will be on a leash! If he zergs I will ride him through every quest like a rented mule!)
    Methinks thy threat may have the opposite effect on reigning in any zergish tendencies...
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Default thanks!

This was LOADS of fun! We almost WIPED to Jacoby Drexlehand's Friend's On Elite in the Tavern.

Aenton
    Alexei
    Xilotheperma
    Tuson
    Thdude
    & Morahh!

Thanks! I had a blast! WIll be doing this again next Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to try and get into a PD guild. I have thought about it before. But, my playtimes are really wacky. Sometimes I can play in the morning when I get off work(third shifter) sometimes I play before work. Would it still be possible to at least join you guys? That way if I am on, and the guild needs another to group, I'm there, but if party is full, no worries on my end type of thing?
    Nomuertos 20/3 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul Stargrazer 3 Human Druid
    Tahren 16 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?

Default sure!

Quote Originally Posted by deadmanet View Post
    I would love to try and get into a PD guild. I have thought about it before. But, my playtimes are really wacky. Sometimes I can play in the morning when I get off work(third shifter) sometimes I play before work. Would it still be possible to at least join you guys? That way if I am on, and the guild needs another to group, I'm there, but if party is full, no worries on my end type of thing?

You bet! I chose Sunday Mornings because that is my best time to play Aggro/ Haggro/ Kid DPS Free!

Send me a PM if You want to start a toon after your third shift sometime, mornings are good for me!

I will hopefully be there again next sunday, and had a blast this time around.

Also had a heart attack or two playing a healer in a perma situation....

I think everyone had less than 5 hp when the one encounter right before Jacoby was played out.

I had a blast as well. And have finally gotten it through my head that though I play a dwarf, I am still a wizzy. nine times out of ten i'd rush in ready to swing only to look at my hotbar and go "Oh, right, wizard..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast