Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bug: items can become unrepairable, and then broken beyond repair (even if bound)!

A few days ago I was doing a quest on my monk, I'm fairly sure it was the abbot [it *may* have been the new tower raid, it was a few days ago and the raids kind of blur together], and I got Mordenkainen's Disjunctioned and died. I believe the disjunction timer may have persisted through death, and I recall being in town and having a few of my damaged items labeled as "broken beyond repair" while under the affects of the disjunction even though the durability bar had grey and blue left [i.e. if I swapped from boots of the innocent to striders, I couldn't re-equip my boots of the innocent]. Eventually mordenkainens disjunction wore off and I could equip my items again (i.e. the broken beyond repair message went away).

However, the items that were affected by this could no longer be repaired. i.e. they would not appear in the repair list at a vendor, as illustrated in the following screenshot:
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9236/bootstu.jpg

As you can see, the boots are 22/44, they should be repairable!

After this happened, I transferred the affected items (namely, boots of the innocent and a bloodstone) from my monk to a less frequently played character. The bloodstone had at least 50% max durability left at this time (i.e. it would have said something like 11/29). I also bound the bloodstone to this character using the stone of change & khyber dragonshards.

Eventually the temp durability on the bound bloodstone reached zero (because I couldnt repair it!), and the result was somewhat unexpected:
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5885/bloodstone.jpg

My bound bloodstone is now broken beyond repair, showing a full red bar, when moments prior it had, at least, over 20 max durability remaining (i.e. it wasnt 1/1 moments prior, it was something like 1/29). And it was bound. But the grey part of the durability bar has now vanished.

So there appears to be an item breaking bug with mordenkainens disjunction.

Could someone please test in PVP:
    Grab and equip an unbound item that is normally 50-60 max durability, but with about 30-40% perm item damage. Get mordenkainens disjunctioned. [mouse over the item to make sure its magic effects are being suppressed]. Die a bunch of times. See what happens?

I'm not 100% sure if mordenkainens disjunction caused my items to bug out. It is however my main suspect. As far as the boots go... I'm not going to wear them now! They're 22/44 but unrepairable, and binding them won't help because it didn't help the bloodstone. ><

Hopefully QA or a dev finds out whats going on here, and fixes it, before more players lose items.

Oh, final screenshot, just showing that I can wear the boots, but cannot repair them, this time at a tavernkeep instead of the potion vendor:
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4816/boots2u.jpg

PS. My ticket ID# is 1782684
    Edit: +Malmedy+ just instructed me to submit an in-game bug report (which I've now done) and resolved my ticket. Sure would be nice if I could get my items fixed though.
    Last edited by Vhlad; 09-16-2009 at 12:01 AM.
    Thelanis - Former VIP for ~4 years. Not currently playing.
    Former officer of Indago, server-wide 2nd place: Titan, Queen, Reaver, & Abbot
    ==GREAT MEMORIES========= :: PESTILENCE :: =========GREAT COMMUNITY==
    Vhlad / Vhladx / Vhladxx / Vhladxxx / Vhladxxxx / Vhladxxxxx / Vhlade / Vhlader / Vhlada

Community Member

Your theory has history on its side.

Now I'm worried... I've been hit with MD a lot lately...
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

I had a similar issue occur with an item; it did not break, but it did become totally unrepairable.

ignore, wrong thread
    Last edited by Junts; 09-15-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    I had a similar issue occur with an item; it did not break, but it did become totally unrepairable.
    Bank it and hope they fix it, imo. If you let it hit 0/X durability, it will probably say broken beyond repair like my bloodstone, and will erroneously no longer have a grey/blue durability bar to prove that it should be repairable.
    Last edited by Vhlad; 09-16-2009 at 02:51 AM.
    Vhlad / Vhladx / Vhladxx / Vhladxxx / Vhladxxxx / Vhladxxxxx / Vhlade / Vhlader / Vhlada

Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Default This sucks!!!

Now when the abbot says: "Lets see how well you fight without your toys" or some such, we can really kiss our gear goodby.

Tubine, please fix this one ASAP.
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Thats just Turbines way to make Abbot runs more pug friendly

Coming soon: Naked Tuesdays- now with 25% less gear! free to VIPs !
    Warforged Built as machines to fight in the Last War, the Warforged evolved until they became a new kind of creature - a living construct, a master race.
    Trample
    Officer of Pestilence from Thelanis(new Xoriat)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trample View Post
    Thats just Turbines way to make Abbot runs more pug friendly

Coming soon: Naked Tuesdays- now with 25% less gear! free to VIPs !

+1 Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Vhlad View Post
    Could someone please test in PVP:
    Grab and equip an unbound item that is normally 50-60 max durability, but with about 30-40% perm item damage. Get mordenkainens disjunctioned. [mouse over the item to make sure its magic effects are being suppressed]. Die a bunch of times. See what happens?
    I can confirm it is linked to MD as I had submitted a bug report on this shortly after mod-9 dropped testing MD in PvP with my wiz friend.

Bloodstone 59/60 Durability - repaired
    Boots of the Innocent 32 Durability remaining of 44 Max - not repaired before jumping into PvP.

MD'd. All equipment magical effects suppressed due to MD - EXCEPT for my Boots. Boots stated Broken Beyond Repair, full red bar. Exit PvP arena, all magic effects back, boots still BBR. Log out, log back in, and boots are back to normal - or so I thought

Like OP, boots do not appear in my repair tab, sitting at 23/44 in my bank. Thankfully I have another pair, but now have to swap it between characters. Bloodstone is fine.

My theory: Items that have been damaged causes a bug when disjunctioned to become BBR. After MD magical suppression is removed, the item remains tagged as BBR and thus does not show up in repair lists.

Item damage due to death would not cause this since that is only ever a plat cost and items do not take perm damage from it. I think as items take damage it makes a check to see if the damage is perm or not. MD suppression is trying to apply or is interacting with perm dmg flag in some way causing it to become BBR.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    I can confirm it is linked to MD as I had submitted a bug report on this shortly after mod-9 dropped testing MD in PvP with my wiz friend.

Bloodstone 59/60 Durability - repaired
    Boots of the Innocent 32 Durability remaining of 44 Max - not repaired before jumping into PvP.

MD'd. All equipment magical effects suppressed due to MD - EXCEPT for my Boots. Boots stated Broken Beyond Repair, full red bar. Exit PvP arena, all magic effects back, boots still BBR. Log out, log back in, and boots are back to normal - or so I thought

Like OP, boots do not appear in my repair tab, sitting at 23/44 in my bank. Thankfully I have another pair, but now have to swap it between characters. Bloodstone is fine.

My theory: Items that have been damaged causes a bug when disjunctioned to become BBR. After MD magical suppression is removed, the item remains tagged as BBR and thus does not show up in repair lists.

Item damage due to death would not cause this since that is only ever a plat cost and items do not take perm damage from it. I think as items take damage it makes a check to see if the damage is perm or not. MD suppression is trying to apply or is interacting with perm dmg flag in some way causing it to become BBR.
    Thanks for verifying.

This is a game breaking bug, rendering any quest or raid where Mordenkainen's Disjunction is used as unplayable, and leading to griefing in pvp ala MD spamming to break peoples items.

This needs dev attention ASAP. In fact, MD should be removed from the game in a hotfix until a real fix is available. This is a loot oriented game, and keeping the loot we worked hard for is more important than keeping Mordenkainen's Disjunction.

There should be community outcry. There's probably a bunch of players with this bug that will only notice when it's too late - when their items break for good and fall off.

Eladrin? 404error? Anyone?

PEOPLE. YOU'RE LOSING YOUR LOOT! MAKE A FUSS ABOUT IT!

Dev comment please.

This is pretty big. Have you seen this thread? Are you looking into it? Have you duplicated it? A fix being thought of?

Thanks!
    /sigh

I would like to see a dev comment also.

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

Indeed, this is a very serious issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

Yeah, I'd agree that this needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY.

Was two manning abbot for quite some time, never came across this. Some runs I had many deaths with damaged gear... *shrugs*
    Last edited by DrgnMstr333; 09-20-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Officer of Legion
    Kitbot, Kitsings, Mountainn, Pacemaker, Stopzerjing
    2 Man Hound(hard)-2 Man Abbot-2 Man Shroud

You know, I was gonna play in pvp with MD at some point. Won't anymore.

I do think they need to disable this spell until this problem is resolved. Heck. They closed the Shroud with the cleric spell problem. Time to shut a spell that hurts the game even more.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Hello?
    Any devs out there?
    Come on people, this is game breaking, please give us an official reply.
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Well I just lost a pair of chaoaguardes.

This is happening in the abbot raid, 100% confirmed.

When you get Mordenkainen's Disjunctioned, the base durability of all your items is reduced. You can test this in PVP: get disjunctioned and look at your items (something that was 70/70 pre-disjunction will say 10/10 after).

In most cases these items will return to normal. However, if an unbound item already has ~30% or more permanent damage from a moderate to low base durability (say 40 or under remaining), when disjunctioned it will become flagged as broken beyond repair. Once disjunction wears off the item will appear as normal, but will NOT EVER be repairable at any vendor any longer.

My chaosguards were 36/37 when disjunction hit me in the abbot (on normal). They became red/broken beyond repair while under the effects of disjunction. After disjunction wore off, they appeared normal but can no longer be repaired at a NPC. As I already experienced with the bloodstone, if I continue to wear this item it will hit 1/37 durability but then become full red 0/0 broken beyond repair when that last point goes.

Is this Turbines plan to increase item grind / take gear out of circulation? Make everyone bind everything or risk having it all destroyed by MD?

sigh.
    Last edited by Vhlad; 09-26-2009 at 01:39 AM.

guildy had this happen to his electric haze belt that was bound and attuned before running the abbot it is now broken beyond repair so not only does it hit items and kill them it also kills things that should not take perm damage!!!!

DEVS response is critical on this you fixed the fascinate thing rather fast this is your chance to prove that you can fix something that hurts players quickly aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Hmmm... no words from the devs yet.

I, and probably, we, would really like to hear what you devs think of this one.

Thanks!

/sigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast