Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    It's a terrible quest for levelling, except in extremely twinked groups.

Takes more than three times as long as most of the Desert quests, yet gives well under double the XP. Plus there's a high chance of a party wipe.
    But it's a fun quest... One of my favorites!

Don't you guys have ANY fun anymore in the mid-levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    anarchic of pure good bow with manyshot, then close in with anarchic weapons. just had to out dps him thats all. the hardest part is actually trying not to get stunned lol
    Very true, so you wielded anarchic weapons too, being lawful, with negative level. Even more impressive!

Solo. No Hireling.

20 Minutes

+1 rep just for the character name.... (oh, and I guess soloing VON 3 is cool too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    It's a terrible quest for levelling, except in extremely twinked groups.

Takes more than three times as long as most of the Desert quests, yet gives well under double the XP. Plus there's a high chance of a party wipe.
    respectfully disagree. Have you run this quest in mod9 yet? THere are up to 6 or 7 optionals each earning over 1k xp (I have a screenshot at home, I'll dig it out) - when I soloed it on my fvs I earned a total of around 22k xp. Optionals have had a major boost in mod9.

Since the change to XP bonus I have been running level appropriate quests only - I'm not suggesting running this at below around level 10 or 11 though.

It seems most LFMs I see (on Sarlona anyway) still haven't caught onto the fact that there is no benefit in running a quest a few levels above you - you do not get any xp bonus any more, so you might as well wait until you're higher level and run it faster than take longer to run it at a lower level - there's loads of quests to run that give loads of XP at each level e.g. the ones in Atraxia's haven have had their XP boosted a lot and are still rarely run.

Good job on the run though - sorry for the thread derail

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Quote Originally Posted by Garth_of_Sarlona View Post
    THere are up to 6 or 7 optionals each earning over 1k xp (I have a screenshot at home, I'll dig it out) - when I soloed it on my fvs I earned a total of around 22k xp. Optionals have had a major boost in mod9.
    This is all true. Almost 1,200 exp per optional.

In my room under the covers because the clowns are here to eat me

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    Solo. No Hireling.

20 Minutes

ya +1 rep for name, made me laugh

You know, I just don't remember the old records for this.

I do appreciate that you did it solo (the second time); and 20 minutes is a decent time. I want to say players were doing this in 20 minutes on elite...three years ago.
    Ghallanda ReRolled Naxy-Transil-Kottol-Nax-Riorsil-Riorik-Kaol

Quote Originally Posted by Riorik View Post
    You know, I just don't remember the old records for this.

I do appreciate that you did it solo (the second time); and 20 minutes is a decent time. I want to say players were doing this in 20 minutes on elite...three years ago.
    I don't remember the old records either. That is why I didn't bring them up. I do remember how difficult it was sometimes to kill the marut with an equal level, full group, even on normal.

So if you are saying that level ten players were soloing this in twenty minutes on elite before mod 9 I would say that you are very wrong. I am certain of it.

Even NOW with Dungeon scaling and the massively toned down marut healing and dps I would be amazed if a level 10 soloed this on elite in twenty minutes. I challenge you to give it a go if you disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    So if you are saying that level ten players were soloing this in twenty minutes on elite before mod 9 I would say that you are very wrong. I am certain of it.
    Yea maybe not in 20 minuits, but really.. certain of events from some 3 years ago?

When the quest came out, the lvl cap was 10. The quest certainly was solo'd many many times back then, even on elite. It was extremely difficult and pretty much only doable by sorcerers, but it was done.

There were certain things that made it easier back then tho. Like protection from energy.. It actualy provided complete immunity to energy damage back then. So no worries about the lightning or sonic damage. As well as exploits relating to keeping the boss in his room and not agro'ing the elementals.

What was true back then.. Doing the quest on elite without a max dmg sorc or barbarian was basicly impossible, the regen was pretty intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yea maybe not in 20 minuits, but really.. certain of events from some 3 years ago?
    No more/less certain than you are

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12