Default New f2p player looking for a nice guild.

I am so sick of PUGs. Every group I've been with it's been the same thing. Rush, rush, rush, hack, slash, rush. No communications, no teamwork or cooperation. And when a chest appears. It's like hogs to a trough.

I've tried starting my own groups. In the comments I'll say things like "mature adults, using teamwork, going slowly, exploring, sharing loot, lite RP". A couple of people will join. Then when we enter the quest. BOOM, we're off to the races. It's like no one reads the comments. This is not the way I was hoping to play the game.

So, I'm looking for a guild. I'm hoping to find a nice group of mature people that work together. It would be nice if the guild has a some new players like myself. I'd like to become part of a team that's learning the game together. I don't really care about being the greatest player in with the best of the best. I'm a casual gamer. I'm on for a few nights a week after work and some weekends to have fun. I like to explore and discover things. I'm not looking to be held by the hand and lead around. But I hint every now and then is nice. I don't need gold or gifts. I like for my characters to be self sustaining as much as possible. Though I won't refuse the odd hand me down. My favorite class is Rouge. I'm a huge stealth fan. Thief the Dark Project is my all time favorite game. I like to go slowly, plan strategy, sneak up behind targets. Things like that. I'm in the eastern US time zone. I currently have two Rouges. One level 3 dark blade on Cannith and a mechanic I just started on Thelanis. I not married to either though. I like some RP but I'm not hardcore. I have a mike and use voice chat.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a guild where they think I'll fit in. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Izztyrr
    Last edited by Izztyrr; 09-12-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Hi. I'm Jeynks, and I'm representing Knights of Blackmoore. I'm going to start by pointing out that we have a ton of new players, and also pointing out that we only have maybe one person to role plays at all (I point this out in direct response to your post, kind of a heads up). That being said I'm going to simply give you the standard post/message we give anyone who shows interest in the guild, and which gives you some idea of what we're all about. If this seems like something you'd be interested in, you can look up Jeynks on Thelanis, or find any Knights of Blackmoore member and let them know you're interested in joining, and they'll point you to an officer.

Some information about the guild....
    Knights of Blackmoore is a new player friendly guild. That being said, we also love our veteran players, and returning players. However, we do have a few policies we try to stick by. Take it slow. Whether you're a new player, an old player, or a returning player, don't blast through a quest just for completion. There may be other people in the party that haven't run the quest a thousand times, and don't know it as well as you do. It's fun for everyone to explore the quest, learn where things are, or why certain things are done certain ways. We also aim for all the optionals in a quest (At least, those we're capable of...). We do no not tolerate zerging. New players, and people who want to explore simply don't have any fun with that kind of playstyle. Blackmoore style, all optionals, kill anything that moves, and if it doesn't move, poke it until it does... then kill it.

We have a functional website, though right now it's not getting much use, its kind of under construction. Vent is something that is being discussed, and will one day be implemented.

Link to the guild website:
    http://tiny.cc/airlG

(This was posted while I was half asleep, I apologize for any glaring mistakes)

Kill anything that moves, and if it doesn't move, poke it until it does, then ... kill it! -- Knights of Blackmoore official unofficial motto.

Thank you for the reply Johnscapey. I'll have a look at your web site.

Hello Izztyrr I am Patsuriku and are an officer in The Wild Geese on the server Cannith we are a friendly mature guild that is also casual and relaxed with no other rule then that you have to be polite and patient towards your fellow guild mates. We aim to run a lot of dungeons and quests, and we don´t do speed runs. We take it slow and enjoy the fun. Age limit is 16 to join the guild.

Visit our guild page and follow the link to the application form:

http://my.ddo.com/guild-cannith-the_wild_geese/

regards from Patsuriku Lonewolf

Hello,

If you want to go in a gorup that doesn't rush and that really tries hard to make sure ALL who go in participate and COME OUT Alive - I am going to recommend The Valhalla Permadeath Guild on Ghallanda. We work as a team because if you die....you delete...unless rezzed by a spell or ability... no shrines...

We have added five newer players in the past few days and from all accounts and their rapid rise in level - I think they are enjoying it.

Give any member of our guild a tell. We'll gladly let you be a guest with a low level toon so you can see how we work as a team. We'll go over our guild rules and if you think you're a good fit for us you can ask to join.

Website on the signature.
    Hope to see you in the game.

KG Wiking
    Play as a TEAM: Together Everyone Accomplishes More

Hey Izz, I play on Khyber and lead a Guild called "Just a Guild" - we're layed back with a 80/20 make up of VIP's and F2P. If your on Khyber and want to run with a few of us to see if you like our style or not, let me know. Good luck with your search, there are a lot of good guilds to choose from.

Thank you all very much for the replies. What a nice community this game has. I guess I'll be making the rounds on the servers.

Default Give Dragon Renaiassance Brotherhood (DRB) a try

Give Dragon Renaiassance Brotherhood (DRB) a try with 1 or 2 toons

Were the Largest guild on the Largest server - Guaranteed to make new friends!

Dev
    Devlin aka Addrenaline,
    Founder of DRB - 17th lvl Dragon Killer