After playing with the UI over the last week and hearing many people ask 'How do you change this, or turn that off?', figured I would list off the most common I have run across. Hope it is helpful.
UI settings are saved by Character, Keymappings by account.
* Enable Soft Mouse Targetting (On/Off)
With this Enabled you will see objects appear in your Focus Orb when you mouse over them. A Hard Target is one that you Tab/Click on to select.
* Accept Challenge Requests (On/Off)
Toggle to accept/decline Challenge Requests. Challenge Sytem is accessed via Focus Orb when an oponnent is targetted.
* Show Player/Opponent Health Bars (On/Off)
If you choose to show or hide Health Bars, you can do it here. They show over a MOB/PC's head.
* Show Overhead Names/Guildname (On/Off)
With this enabled, toggled with "V", it will show Overhead Names. Another setting is the same for Guildnames.
* Auto Target Breakables/Monsters/Non-breakables (On/Off)
With Auto-Target on, toggle with "G", and any one of these three settings enabled, Auto-Target will target them. Customize to your preferences.
* Show Item Comparasion Tooltips (On/Off)
With this On, when you hover over an item two tooltip boxes will show - one of the item and one that is equipped.
* Show Player Effect Text (On/Off)
This will toggle the Icon/Text of effects placed/cast on you, both friendly or enemy.
* Show Player Floaty Damage (On/Off)
Turn on/off the floating damage done to you.
* Show Damage Values in n+n+n Format (On/Off)
Displays damage done in Classic DDO format, values only.
* Show Damage Icons (On/Off)
Toggle damage icons. Shows what types (Holy, Elemental, etc.) of damage you are doing along side it's value.
NEW FOR UPDATE 11
* Show Vital Bar Values (On/Off)
Will display Hit Point/Spell Point/Ki amount for self and party.
* Show Vitals Bar Percentage Values (On/Off)
Can be used in conjunction, or alone, with Vital Bar Values to show Hit Point/Spell Point/Ki Totals in percentage format.
* Show Portrait on Vitals Bar (On/Off)
Portrait On: Name, Level, VOIP Icon. Portrait Off: Classic Vitals Bar. NOTE: Auto-Attack Icon is now gone. Use Attack Feat or setting for x2 Click for Auto-Attack.
* Show Large Vitals Bar (On/Off)
With this you toggle your own, non-party, Vitals Bar On/Off.
* Show Party UI Vital Bar for You. (On/Off)
This will show your Vitals Bar in the party list. With this OFF your personal Vitals Bar will NOT be listed in the party.
Default: This is the MOD9 default, LMB: attack/interact, RMB: steer.
FPS: First Person Shooter default for those with a more FPS history or experience.
DDO Classic: Pre-MOD9 settings, LMB: steer/interact, RMB: attack.
Settings are further customized here to suit individual playstyle.
* Disable X, Y, Z Chat in Private Instances
Here you can disable the three new chat channels while you are in a private instance.
* Disable Auto-Attack on Double Click (On/Off)
Toggle this option to turn on or off auto-attack on double-click. Might be helpful to those with interaction problems.
Once you have all your settings the way you like them, be sure to make a backup of the ddo.keymap file in My Documents>Dungeons and Dragons Online.