Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Community Member

Default Just wanted to chime in.

Thank you robi for the great guide. I used it and can tell you all it can be done in a few months.

I'm an old time player for 3 straight years with cap characters on two servers (when it was a lvl cap of 16) So I actually started off pretty good in TP's. i didn't realise until too late that I was premium so I did make a small puchase of TP's to get preminum. The big thing is I used your info and today I'm free to play with all adventure packs and monk class.

Funny just on time to grind more TP's for the next one. I was hoping to open more then 4 characters but that will come in time.

Thanks again !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plattt View Post
    Thank you robi for the great guide. I used it and can tell you all it can be done in a few months.

I'm an old time player for 3 straight years with cap characters on two servers (when it was a lvl cap of 16) So I actually started off pretty good in TP's. i didn't realise until too late that I was premium so I did make a small puchase of TP's to get preminum. The big thing is I used your info and today I'm free to play with all adventure packs and monk class.

Funny just on time to grind more TP's for the next one. I was hoping to open more then 4 characters but that will come in time.

Thanks again !!!!!
    I am glad that you have found my guide helpful. Unlocking the game through TP farming is very impressive. I personally only have half the AP unlocked and I paid for most of mine. I am however working on farming TP of a F2p account.

Anyhow, if you are ever on Khyber and want to chill with a guild of favor farming fools then look up my guild Favored.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

nice list...noticed sorrowdusk Isle appears to be 450 points in the ddo store instead of 400 though now.

keep up the great work.
    “To win without risk is to triumph without glory.”
    XXXXXX - xxxxxxxxx
    D O M I N P

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    List of Adventure Packs
    This is list was updated on 9-07-09 and features the base cost for the Adventure pack not the sell price.

Name-Cost in TP
    Delera’s Tomb-750
    Devil Assault Dungeon-150
    Sentinels of Stormreach-450
    Shan-to-Kor-250
    Sorrowdusk Isle-450
    Tangleroot Gorge-550
    The Catacombs-250
    The Demon Sands-850
    The Devils of Shavarath-650
    The Dreaming Dark-450
    The Necropolis, Part 1-250
    The Necropolis, Part 2-350
    The Necropolis, Part 3-350
    The Necropolis, Part 4-850
    The Path of Inspiration-450
    The Reaver’s Reach-350
    The Restless Isles-550
    The Ruins of Gianthold-950
    The Ruins of Threnal-550
    The Sharn Syndicate-350
    The Vale of Twilight-650
    The Vault of Night-750
    Three-Barrel Cove-650
    Total: packs-23; TP cost-11850
    Folks,

I'm sure Robi will update the parent list eventually, but in light of the current huge discount on the big TP bundle, concurrent with a 30% discount on all adventure packs, I needed the updated numbers myself. Just thought I'd put 'em in here for everyone to see. Changes to base prices and name/spelling corrections from the 9/7/09 list are red.

I've also reordered the list alphabetically to match the store's sort and make future updates easier. The store only lets you order by alphabet (pretty static, except for new adventures), price (subject to changes), or best sellers (not really helpful since it changes constantly). Did not color the reordering changes, though.

For the record: At full price, all of these cost 11850 TP (minimum $198.97 if you buy all the points). With the two current discounts combined (30% off all packs, and giant TP bundle discount), the cost is 8295 TP (minimum $69.49 if you buy all the points)...that's a 30% TP discount and a 65% dollar discount. If you use your TP earned through favor to buy some of these packs strategically, the deal gets even sweeter!

Cheers, E

Community Member

Default Checking in

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    I am glad that you have found my guide helpful. Unlocking the game through TP farming is very impressive. I personally only have half the AP unlocked and I paid for most of mine. I am however working on farming TP of a F2p account.

Anyhow, if you are ever on Khyber and want to chill with a guild of favor farming fools then look up my guild Favored.
    Again thank you.

I just wanted to update you on the use of your guide. I have now once again all the Adventure packs and monk race open. This was done with very little money spent. (My kids just bought me a $10 TP card from Game Stop that I will end up using on their new acount).

I would love to join your farmign guild so I can farm TP's on a second account for my kids. Let me know if you are still active.

Community Member

Should be updated to include mention of:

Phiarlan Carnival Pack --- 48 favour --- 450 points --- 9.37 TP per favour
    Sentinels of Stormreach (as Eelario pointed out) --- 66 favour --- 450 points --- 6.82 TP per favour
    The Red Fens --- 54 favour --- 450 points --- 8.33 TP per favour

Mention of TRing as an alternative to rerolling, if you have packs with epic content and the means to do them.
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

Community Member

Why hello Mr. or Mrs. Robi! I have found your guide incredibly helpful as i am a player who has quit off and on twice since the game came out, i am now coming back and have not played free to play yet...i intend to keep from spending even a dime on the game and your guide has been very helpful, however i do have a question...

i have about 3k points because of originally being premium and was curious what i should buy, i was looking at true reincarnations but those are obtainable in game without spending points so i was curious what you recommend, i am starting fresh, i have deleted all of my characters and am starting over, only level two so far....so what would you recommend?

i asked a player in game and they started naming off like 4 of the very end game packs of which i dont recall the names, except i do recall gianthold, is that what i should do or is there a better idea to spend my points on?

Quote Originally Posted by Morfene View Post
    i have about 3k points because of originally being premium and was curious what i should buy, i was looking at true reincarnations but those are obtainable in game without spending points so i was curious what you recommend, i am starting fresh, i have deleted all of my characters and am starting over, only level two so far....so what would you recommend?

i asked a player in game and they started naming off like 4 of the very end game packs of which i dont recall the names, except i do recall gianthold, is that what i should do or is there a better idea to spend my points on?
    If you are looking to buy adventure packs, there's a very good review of adventure packs here it needs an update but it should give you an idea of what's out there. I believe what's currently missing is the Red Fens adventure pack and the Phiarlan Carnival. Both you can look up in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfene View Post
    Why hello Mr. or Mrs. Robi! I have found your guide incredibly helpful as i am a player who has quit off and on twice since the game came out, i am now coming back and have not played free to play yet...i intend to keep from spending even a dime on the game and your guide has been very helpful, however i do have a question...

Quote Originally Posted by RaidMR View Post
    If you are looking to buy adventure packs, there's a very good review of adventure packs here it needs an update but it should give you an idea of what's out there. I believe what's currently missing is the Red Fens adventure pack and the Phiarlan Carnival. Both you can look up in the forums.
    The link raidMR provide is indeed a nice one, but if my opinion is what you want. It is generally agreed that the two most important packs to own are The Vale of Twilight, and The Devil of Shavarrath. Those will be the most helpful in getting you to level 20 plus the have the most commonly running raids in game. It is also a good idea to pick up a mid level pack or two the most popular are Gainthold and the The Desert..... which one you pick is up to you they will both be very helpful, or if you have the points get them both. After you have obtained those everything else is basically filler, so besure to get the one that seem to be the most appealing to you.

there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Community Member

Ok thank you very much the help is greatly appreciated! My only other question would be, when you hit 20 you can true reincarnate, are those possible to attain without points, and they say they reset favor so as you proceed to relevel, do you gain more points again? And a side note, do you keep stat gains from tomes? like if i use a +4 tome at lvl 20 to charisma, when i true reincarnate will i have +4 to my cha or do i need to find another +4 cha tome?

Default Addendum to guide?

I've been referring to this guide for many months now. It is extremely useful.
    My son and I went the route of Amazon and each got (2) 30 days of VIP, farmed the other servers for some quick 50 TP, etc.

I was wondering if anyone had a Build Guide for FTP. Or had some suggestions. I keep seeing guides for 32 point builds (or builds with +2Tomes), and I know I'll never get them. Would you have suggestions?
    i.e. grind TP, get a WF, grind more and get a pack?

Try DDOWiki Newbie Guide. Aranticus' guide section may help.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

With the new L12 F2P quests I decided to recalc the XP spread for a F2P person and see if you could now get to cap with just the quests.

I accounted for the NNNHE all being done at level, with bonuses stacked on the base XP as reported here. http://ddowiki.com/page/Free_to_Play_quests

I added to the base XP as follows
    Normal run 1 - 25% first timer, 10% persistence, 10% no reentry, 50% for all other bonuses (ie. conquest, breakables, and optionals)
    Normal run 2 - 10% persistence, 10% no reentry, 50% for all other bonuses
    Hard run 1 - 10% difficulty over Normal bonus, 25% first timer, 10% persistence, 10% no reentry, 50% for all other bonuses
    Elite run 1 - 20% difficulty over Normal bonsu50% first timer, 10% persistence, 10% no reentry, 50% for all other bonuses

I also shaved XP for the early levels based upon banking 1.99 levels (this lost about 100k of xp).

Overall the result was that you could get to L16 without any other method than the above. Need about 100k more to get to L17 and you could get this from the explorer area in Atraxia (Korthos, WW, Hills, Searing are at levels with overbanking so not worth the time) and grinding out the top XP earners a few more times subject to the repetition bonus.

This will earn you about 250 TP so you just need to grind out 4-5 characters of 100favour to get yourself enough TP to buy the Vale and grind that to cap.

Enjoy. If anyone wants to see the math I could post a spreadsheet online somewhere.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artis_Resistance View Post
    Good stuff.

I currently have 250 TP. Which adventure pack would be the best one to unlock in terms of favor rewards (and low-level).
    Also, I earned 14 favor while fooling around with a character, but received no mail informing me of the TP reward. How do I check mail. Or do I have to be a VIP?
    For a low level character Adventure Packs are not really required. I would recommend working through the Harbor and Marketplace quests, and then buying Demon Sands, Vale of Twilight, Gianthold Adventure Packs. However, I am not an expert and you might want to Google "List of Adventure Packs in DDO" or something in that area.

Community Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by KKDragonLord View Post
    K, with my basic math from kindergarden i managed to make a TP/Favor ratio to figure out which packs to buy in order to get more favor and eventually unlock 32 pt characters without paying for it:

The math was Favor/TPs=Ratio
    In order they are:

Sarrowdusk Island-400/117 0.295
    The Vail of Twilight-700/207 0.295
    Reaver’s Reach-350/96 0.274
    The Necropolis part 3-350/93 0.265
    The Catacomb-250/66 .264
    The Demon Sands-850/216 0.254
    The Necropolis part 1-250/60 0.24
    The Necropolis part 2-350/81 0.231
    The Devils of Shavarath-650/147 0.226
    The Ruins of Gainthold-995/216 0.217
    The Ruins of Thernal-550/108 0.196
    Shan-to-Kor-250/48 .192
    Tangleroot Gorge-550/99 .18
    Delera’s Tomb-750/129 0.172
    The Restless Isles-600/99 0.165
    Three Barrel Cove-650/99 .152
    The Vault of Night-800/126 0.15
    The Necropolis part 4-850/117 0.137
    Sharn Syndicate-350/48 0.137
    Devil Assualt-150/15 = 0.1

if anyone knows some advanced or at least real math and finds a mistake in these calcs, please say so.

Oh ****, i was ninjaed 22hours ago...
    Just to point out... it's all backwards. Favor/TP=Ratio, yes, but then this guy lists TP/Favor for each pack. The results are correct but it confused the heck out of me for a couple of minutes.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678