Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So what's the total cost to have everything unlocked?

Has anyone figured out the math on this yet? I am more interested in just dropping the cash and having everything unlocked than having to worry about $15 a month.

Don't blame me I voted for the old guy and the cute chick!

Default from another forum

Quote Originally Posted by Almerel View Post
    Has anyone figured out the math on this yet? I am more interested in just dropping the cash and having everything unlocked than having to worry about $15 a month.
    There was a quote from another Thread and the number is 9760. If you look at it as a point buy system. You get approximately 600 points for $11 bucks. According to the calculation it would cost you a one time cost of 179 bucks american. This would unlock all quests, races and classes....If I can find the thread I will add it.
    Founder 3706

Right on that would be great

I've spent more than $200 on all my Guild Wars accts, so I am more than willing to pay the money to never have to worry about it again.

It does sound like a good deal. Keep in mind that you will also need to continue to buy future content when it's released, though, so it's not like you can buy "everything" and forget it.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Keep in mind if you do this Turbine will change the rules eventually. They have a long history on the subject.

Default forget it for a year or so

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    It does sound like a good deal. Keep in mind that you will also need to continue to buy future content when it's released, though, so it's not like you can buy "everything" and forget it.
    But at the rate of new content releases...its around $179.00 a year
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of DWAT
    Merkury - McKormic - Nykole - Merkormic - Mckorc - Gemineye - Magisterr - Metaphysics

Community Member NinetyNineTails's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gemineye View Post
    If Turbine were to put out 9,760 points worth of new classes, new races, and new quests over the next year, I'm pretty sure the majority of the players would be ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by gemineye View Post
    If u pay the $200 up front, my guess is to keep up to date on future content releases (If we assume 3 per year at 600 TP each) = $30 per year
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Quote Originally Posted by NinetyNineTails View Post
    If Turbine were to put out 9,760 points worth of new classes, new races, and new quests over the next year, I'm pretty sure the majority of the players would be ok with that.
    that many points would be basicly double everything we have right now.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Quote Originally Posted by captain1z View Post
    that many points would be basicly double everything we have right now.
    And this is something that would make us who have been around for awhile very happy. Maybe when Turbine gets money from Atari this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by captain1z View Post
    If u pay the $200 up front, my guess is to keep up to date on future content releases (If we assume 3 per year at 600 TP each) = $30 per year
    3 per year? That's assuming alot..I remember "monthly" updates from this company, but as of the last couple of years, 2 a year would be alot from them.
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of DWAT
    Merkury - McKormic - Nykole - Merkormic - Mckorc - Gemineye - Magisterr - Metaphysics

Quote Originally Posted by wrinyn View Post
    There was a quote from another Thread and the number is 9760. If you look at it as a point buy system. You get approximately 600 points for $11 bucks. According to the calculation it would cost you a one time cost of 179 bucks american. This would unlock all quests, races and classes....If I can find the thread I will add it.
    This is incorrect the actual cost in Turbine points is 9870 for just the adventure packs another 445 ish (have to double check that) for warforged 596 for Monk plus another 596 for each extra character slot (+6 slots if you want to be on par with VIPs) and 990 if you want a shared bank.

Translate all of that into dollars and you get:

$188 (roughly) at the cheapest option

$205 for the $11 point package.

The thread that is often linked that features the Turbine points costs of store items is wrong, during beta most everything was on sell. the problem was you didn't know it was on sell until you went to purchase it, at which point the store displayed the actual and then the discounted price. The OP of that thread was obviously unaware of this and only skimmed through the store writing down the sale prices and not the actual price.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    In order for F2p to be just as expensive to play as VIP Turbine would have to produce Roughly between 11093 and 15241 TP worth of content.

Keep in mind that in this mod two adventure packs where released one for 650 TP the other for 295 even if you include Favored Soul which you can unlock through favor or buy it for 596 that is only 1541 TP. Turbine is going to have to really chug out the content in order to make VIP the better option in the long run.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Chugging out the content is not the only way.....they can greatly raise prices on higher lvl content. New content will be higher lvl(hopefully) and therefore worth more points.....so you may get an influx of prices.....better off just paying the 120/yr(180/yr for some) and just get ALL content right when it comes out...

F2P?? Really isn't is it?

Just Subscribe...save all the headache of figuring out what costs what, and how much can I spend without having to sleep on the couch, or what if I pawn my wife's laptop....blah blah blah....JUST SUB UP!!!

I AM THE FPOON!!!
    There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots KHYBER AndaissHuman 18sorc//PyschonautWF 15sorc/2paly/2rog//Madroxxdwarf TR6rng/2rog/7ftr//Sychokillerdwarf 11rog/2ftr//WoodforgedWF 18ftr//RusstbucketWF16sorc//Sylienelf 17ranger//Hillbillyjim WF 5barb/2ftr//Befistnu1/2ling 16 TR monk//JuggaletteHuman 12 sorc

Quote Originally Posted by abull74 View Post
    Chugging out the content is not the only way.....they can greatly raise prices on higher lvl content. New content will be higher lvl(hopefully) and therefore worth more points.....so you may get an influx of prices.....better off just paying the 120/yr(180/yr for some) and just get ALL content right when it comes out...

Just Subscribe...save all the headache of figuring out what costs what, and how much can I spend without having to sleep on the couch, or what if I pawn my wife's laptop....blah blah blah....JUST SUB UP!!!

I AM THE FPOON!!!
    I'm not talking about f2p. I'm talking about paying the $180 up front and not having to shell it out every year. If Turbine comes out with enough content to make me spend $30-$50 a year, then I still make out after 2 yrs. The 1st year is the only year that I break even, every other year I come out ahead.

You can sub up if you want but I prefer to get every thing out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by abull74 View Post

I AM THE FPOON!!!
    Turbine could raise the price on new content, but their action thus far show that they wont. The brand new adventure pack which the Highest lvl quest currently in game only costs 650 TP. Hell the vale adventure pack which has the most content of any Adventure pack (3 raids 2 explorer areas, and several quest) only costs 650. Gainthold the most expensive Adventure pack only costs 950 TP.

Even if Turbine doubles the price of all the future Ad. packs they would need to put out between 12 to 17 adventure packs per year for F2p to become just as expensive as VIP. Mind you this is Ad. pack not quests. Every ad. pack currently in store except one contains more then one quest,

The die hard VIP people need to get off the notion that the F2p option is only a gimmick to trick players into subscribing. Turbine intents for F2p to be an actual viable payment option.

I say buy what you want, spend what you want, I don't care either way. I will stick with a monthly sub (well, actually my nice $60/six month sub) for the future. It's convenient, cheap and I think I get my money's worth.

I expect that since Turbine will now have a direct financial reason to churn out new content, new content will be churned out. I could be wrong, but I bet we see lots of opportunities to buy new things in the coming months.

Also, VIP's do get first access to new quests and the like, which might be important for some folks.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

When you unlock for instance, a module through the DDO store, does it apply to your account or per character?

Because if sigils of leveling , modules etc.... are character only, it would cost a lot of people a bloody fortune to remain F2P.
    Last edited by JudasPriest; 09-07-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudasPriest View Post
    When you unlock for instance, a module through the DDO store, does it apply to your account or per character?

Because if sigils of leveling , modules etc.... are character only, it would cost a lot of people a bloody fortune to remain F2P.
    When you purchase an Adventure pack in the DDOstore you will be able to play that adventure package with any character existing or new character on that account until the server are permanently unplugged.

for subscribers don't forget about the 500 tp a month if someone wanted to they could sub for a year at 180 then use those 6000 tp+favor rewards to get anything they wanted
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast