Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm going to petition in game for the return of your name, and it's important Turbine understands why I will do this.

DDO has had a very checkered past, we have had to wait a long time for updates and for a while I've been investing in a product that I felt could be better.

Now Mockduck has produced engaging content on a weekly basis that kept me interested. This was far and beyond the efforts of Turbine and their marketing people, and such a contribution has help keep very many fans interested. If it wasn't for that podcast, I wouldn't be here today writing this, I'd have lost interested a long time ago.

I feel the name is unusual enough to presume this was done in malice, and so the individual responsible should know that this was very unwise, given that Mockduck has spent sooo much personal time adding to the DDO world and help shaping it into what we enjoy today. The DDOcast has been one of the highest quality podcasts out there on a consistent basis, and I feel it's unfair for the person who has been a supporter all this time, to miss out, just because a nameless individual thought it would be a good idea to inconvenience this person.

I understand the 'rules on names' it's first come, first serve, but since when does sneaky actions like this prevail over hard work and community spirit. As a community, we want the host of the DDOCast to be available on this server to play, as it's in our best interest, so I ask others likewise petition to reverse this selfish and antisocial behavior.

I trust Turbine will read this and understand the nature of the request being outside the bound of the usual naming rules, as it's someone who is a spokesperson for the community and having produce maybe over 100 hours of audio content, deserves special treatment.

Thank you.

/signed
    Devs, please make an exception to the rule for Jerry. He has IMO kept DDO alive in his own way. Maybe this could be your way of thanking his hard work.
    \

I AM THE FPOON!!!
    Last edited by abull74; 09-01-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots KHYBER AndaissHuman 18sorc//PyschonautWF 15sorc/2paly/2rog//Madroxxdwarf TR6rng/2rog/7ftr//Sychokillerdwarf 11rog/2ftr//WoodforgedWF 18ftr//RusstbucketWF16sorc//Sylienelf 17ranger//Hillbillyjim WF 5barb/2ftr//Befistnu1/2ling 16 TR monk//JuggaletteHuman 12 sorc

Default seriously?

*sigh*

Jerry I am feeling your pain.

The name fairy took mine as well. I do NOT approve in the least.

I can't imagine why someone would take all our names???

If you see rowanheal running around, so far, it ain't me.

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Community Member Krysta_Shadowvol's Avatar

Angry That's just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by abull74 View Post
    /signed
    Devs, please make an exception to the rule for Jerry. He has IMO kept DDO alive in his own way. Maybe this could be your way of thanking his hard work.
    \

I AM THE FPOON!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowanheal View Post
    *sigh*

Jerry I am feeling your pain.

The name fairy took mine as well. I do NOT approve in the least.

I can't imagine why someone would take all our names???

If you see rowanheal running around, so far, it ain't me.

See ya in Stormreach,

-R
    Mockduck and Rowanheal I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you and I fully support the Dev's Giving them both back there names.

especially since I saw a thread early today boasting about how they grabbed up character and guild names. The impostor's should become shame-on-u and shame-on-u-2

IMHO it's just plain wrong and they shouldn't be able to get away with it.

It's going to make reconnecting with friends on the new server challenging and I'm sure will take away from the experience for some players.
    "Ask directions from a genie In a bottle of Jim Beam and she lies to you"

Angry I don't get it

I can't imagine why someone would want the names unless it was to screw people.

I am going to have to make an announcement to not send pink things to Rowanheal on that server.

It will be the only server she isn't on.

I am beyond sad and pretty bloody riled up about it.

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Default Thank You!

I was filing a harassment ticket on Cannith as suggested by Marketroid in a now-closed thread. I went to fill out the name of the offending player and realized it was not sending because Mockduck was being listed as 'not a character name on this server'.

Long and short of it, Mockduck is back!!!! Thank you.

It was a day of little rainy clouds over my head, despite the coolness that is the launch of DDO:U.

If you are the person to took the name and had a change of heart, thank you. If you are an in-game GM or whoever that took care of this and aren't saying anything, thank you. However it happened, thanks to whoever was involved for their effort.

If nothing had happened, I would have gotten over it, but it just goes to show that names are tough to find and sometimes even tougher to keep.

I hope Rowanheal and two guilds in particular are able to have their griefing issues resolved as well. Again, thanks!
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    I was filing a harassment ticket on Cannith as suggested by Marketroid in a now-closed thread. I went to fill out the name of the offending player and realized it was not sending because Mockduck was being listed as 'not a character name on this server'.

Long and short of it, Mockduck is back!!!! Thank you.

It was a day of little rainy clouds over my head, despite the coolness that is the launch of DDO:U.

If you are the person to took the name and had a change of heart, thank you. If you are an in-game GM or whoever that took care of this and aren't saying anything, thank you. However it happened, thanks to whoever was involved for their effort.

If nothing had happened, I would have gotten over it, but it just goes to show that names are tough to find and sometimes even tougher to keep.

I hope Rowanheal and two guilds in particular are able to have their griefing issues resolved as well. Again, thanks!
    I'm glad it worked out Mock.

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

Well, we do know that its a VIP who did these shenanigans, since only VIP's are getting into Cannith on September 1st. Someone with a sub and a grudge, methinks.
    I understood beta people can get in as well or did I get that wrong?

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska_d'Orien View Post
    I understood beta people can get in as well or did I get that wrong?
    I'm not sure about that. I thought today in particular was just for VIP's on Cannith, but I might be wrong about that.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

I'm not sure about that. I thought today in particular was just for VIP's on Cannith, but I might be wrong about that.
    Found out others get in on the second. and grats on getting your name back and we will proably never know the full story of what happened.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Default Not wanting to be Scrooge here but....

If whoever took it released the name because they had not anticipated how many folks would be upset and decided to release it on their own then good for them.

If however a dev pulled the name from someone who had it I hope that dev is in the unemployment line soon.

The same for someone advising that a harassment ticket be filed over someone taking a name on a new server. I listen to the podcast as well and think its good for DDO but he is not paid by Turbine and in the end is just another paying customer and either everyone had equal rights as a paying customer or they don't.

If they don't and some pigs are more equal than others I would like to know that right now before I put any more money or time into this game.

I would really like somone from Turbine to respond to this.

In the forums, not just the podcast.
    Last edited by Baron; 09-02-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: fixed quote placement

Im just curious. How is this harassment?

Unless you have some type of legal ownership of that name is it not free for the taking?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post

If whoever took it released the name because they had not anticipated how many folks would be upset and decided to release it on their own then good for them.

If however a dev pulled the name from someone who had it I hope that dev is in the unemployment line soon.

The same for someone advising that a harassment ticket be filed over someone taking a name on a new server. I listen to the podcast as well and think its good for DDO but he is not paid by Turbine and in the end is just another paying customer and either everyone had equal rights as a paying customer or they don't.

If they don't and some pigs are more equal than others I would like to know that right now before I put any more money or time into this game.

I would really like somone from Turbine to respond to this.

In the forums, not just the podcast.
    If the person who took the name of MockDuck, Rowanheal, and 2 fairly prominant guild names and was also bragging about it, (not saying that was the case) then it is clearly a case of harassment. Don't start calling people out or saying how they should be fired if you don't know the backstory.

By-the-by, there is no way a Turbine employee is going to come on these boards and explain to you what happened. If they do, come on to Ghallanda and claim 50K plat. I will consider that a fair "eating crow" price to pay for my statement.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Players who believe that they are being targeted by an act of harassment need to pursue that with CS, not on the boards. That's our policy and it doesn't matter if the issue concerns names, in-game chat, etc. As with any harassment claims we investigate and evaluate the claim. If there's a compelling reason for us to take corrective action we do. We don't comment on the particulars of any specific ticket or issue, but to my knowledge there was no GM intervention involved in Mockduck's name being freed up.

And now that the OP's issue is resolved it's time to wrap up this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12