Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default To whomever has the name Mockduck

You took my well-known main's name and that sucks. Of course, it's first-come, first to grab, so there's nothing I can do about it. I will, however, be keeping an eye out for you on the server to make sure that you aren't trying to pass yourself off as someone from the podcast. I hope you don't.

You've also made sure that I will not be playing on Cannith. Jerk.

(ADDED LATEST IN THREAD: Name is back! Here's a LINK to the post. Thank you.)
    Last edited by Mockduck; 09-01-2009 at 10:54 PM.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Default Good Luck

Here's to hoping it is someone who is saving it for you because they thought you wouldn't be on quick enough. I am sure they would get never ending grief from people who found them out.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    You took my well-known main's name and that sucks. Of course, it's first-come, first to grab, so there's nothing I can do about it. I will, however, be keeping an eye out for you on the server to make sure that you aren't trying to pass yourself off as someone from the podcast. I hope you don't.

And you thought I was joking didnt ya...

Lots of rude people out there....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Knew something like this would happen and shame on them.

Beware the Sleepeater

I don't know what you are doing here Jerry, but this is hardly the Passive/Aggressive approach that we as Minnesotans are supposed to take! Plus you through in a "Jerk". This is SERIOUSLY borderline revocation of your "Minnesota Nice" membership card material.

On a side note, that does kind of suck that someone would do that. Hopefully it was just an unintentional faux paus. Luck though.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

What can I say, I'm a little angry about it. Shouldn't be too surprised, though. I'm sure whoever did it thinks they are "being funny". Oh well, that's the way things roll. Nothing I can do about it.
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Ennervated,mind blasted,psionically dominated,encased in stone in the subterrane

Epic trolling.

Default too bad

i was able to get some names but some were already taken

anyway, mockduck is pretty unique so whoever took it should be ashamed of themselves

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Offering 100k for the name.

I'm covering Thelanis, Looking for folks to cover the other servers. See Cannith Marketplace Forum.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I'm split, on the one hand, offering plat isn't going to kill me, but it does sort of justify this person's actions. I'd be willing to cover a 100k plat trade on Sarlona as well.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I'm split, on the one hand, offering plat isn't going to kill me, but it does sort of justify this person's actions. I'd be willing to cover a 100k plat trade on Sarlona as well.

This is his/her chance to come clean and make a litte cash. I'll give it a couple days or so and after that gloves are off.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Community Member

I'm going to petition in game for the return of your name, and it's important Turbine understands why I will do this.

DDO has had a very checkered past, we have had to wait a long time for updates and for a while I've been investing in a product that I felt could be better.

Now Mockduck has produced engaging content on a weekly basis that kept me interested. This was far and beyond the efforts of Turbine and their marketing people, and such a contribution has help keep very many fans interested. If it wasn't for that podcast, I wouldn't be here today writing this, I'd have lost interested a long time ago.

I feel the name is unusual enough to presume this was done in malice, and so the individual responsible should know that this was very unwise, given that Mockduck has spent sooo much personal time adding to the DDO world and help shaping it into what we enjoy today. The DDOcast has been one of the highest quality podcasts out there on a consistent basis, and I feel it's unfair for the person who has been a supporter all this time, to miss out, just because a nameless individual thought it would be a good idea to inconvenience this person.

I understand the 'rules on names' it's first come, first serve, but since when does sneaky actions like this prevail over hard work and community spirit. As a community, we want the host of the DDOCast to be available on this server to play, as it's in our best interest, so I ask others likewise petition to reverse this selfish and antisocial behavior.

I trust Turbine will read this and understand the nature of the request being outside the bound of the usual naming rules, as it's someone who is a spokesperson for the community and having produce maybe over 100 hours of audio content, deserves special treatment.

Thank you.

Community Member

Have mercy on the poor vegetarian noob who hath inflamed your wrath.

It's unusual, but nowhere near unique (says Google).

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    Have mercy on the poor vegetarian noob who hath inflamed your wrath.

It's unusual, but nowhere near unique (says Google).
    I did consider that before posting. That's where Mockduck comes from, he was created by combining wheat gluten with elven magic. As in his bio: "He is often served with vegetables over rice." Particularly by trolls.

I should probably calm down a bit too and not say that I will - never - be on Cannith. I'll just have to roll up a different name to use for that server alone.

However, I suspect the name was grabbed maliciously, because it is unusual enough that it wasn't likely to be an "accident" within the first six hours of the servers going live.

Thanks for everyone's support as well. Sorry to be so whiny today about it, just bugged me to see that name had been taken.

Maybe he liked you so much in your show that he wanted to make sure the name Mockduck was getting good publicity?

Well, we do know that its a VIP who did these shenanigans, since only VIP's are getting into Cannith on September 1st. Someone with a sub and a grudge, methinks.

Ironically Jondallar, my main name was taken but not Jondalar the name I called my PnP chars ect .

I want mine back too

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    Ironically Jondallar, my main name was taken but not Jondalar the name I called my PnP chars ect .

I want mine back too
    Well you still got the name that is featured in a fantasy fiction series, rather than the misspelling. Think yourself lucky you got the correctly spelt version, but again it does show that people are 'name grabbing'

MMO companies should allow one name per week, to stop people carpet bagging other peoples names, and just concentrate on the names which mean something to them!

Yeah,

It was a very small population of people who had access. Chances are very good that it is somebody who uses the forum and is active in the community. It's not a cool thing to do at all. I knew it was a small amount of people who were in quickly when I got Iluvatar ... that shocked me. I thought for sure the name would be taken already.

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulurjah View Post
    Yeah,

It was a very small population of people who had access. Chances are very good that it is somebody who uses the forum and is active in the community. It's not a cool thing to do at all. I knew it was a small amount of people who were in quickly when I got Iluvatar ... that shocked me. I thought for sure the name would be taken already.
    I think it's very common for people to place great importance in names they use on a regular basis, but are just not a priority for others. Things like names with colors in, English words (especially prefixed with -death and -dark), names from popular fiction are always first to go. I've not bumped into Gandalf yet however!

I think your name is great, but certainly didn't cross my mind as a 'must have' hehehehe so I think you might have been good for a little while on that front! It's desirable, but I don't think it's going to be high up most people's priority list!

This does stress how some malicious behavior has taken place, people deliberately looking to inconvenience others rather than benefit themselves with someone jumping on Mockduck sadly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast