Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default YAY! Retroactive favor rewards! YAY!

Yay! Wasn't a whole lot, but hey it was something. Thanks, Turbine!

I only got them for the first toon I logged on. Subsequent toons got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gol View Post
    Very interesting - I know who I am logging in first then - just to be safe :P
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

I'll be adding an FAQ about it but I'll clarify it here:

There are two ways to earn Turbine Points using the favor system:
    - Per character
    - Per server based on highest favor ever completed on that server

So if you're someone with existing characters, it checks each server to verify what the "most" favor you ever earned was. Example: If you have one character with 900 favor, one with 1750 favor, and one with 200 favor, it counts you as completing 1750 on that server. It checks this based on when you log the character in (so it knows to send you a notification). So I advise logging in once with your highest favor guy on each server to get those points.

If you're brand new, you'll earn this "per server" favor as you go in addition to your per character favor. If you're not brand new, the "per server" favor counts for any existing characters you had.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So if you're someone with existing characters, it checks each server to verify what the "most" favor you ever earned was. Example: If you have one character with 900 favor, one with 1750 favor, and one with 200 favor, it counts you as completing 1750 on that server. It checks this based on when you log the character in (so it knows to send you a notification). So I advise logging in once with your highest favor guy on each server to get those points.
    Is there a chart somewhere that shows what points we get at what levels?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I'll be adding an FAQ about it but I'll clarify it here:

There are two ways to earn Turbine Points using the favor system:
    - Per character
    - Per server based on highest favor ever completed on that server

If you're brand new, you'll earn this "per server" favor as you go in addition to your per character favor. If you're not brand new, the "per server" favor counts for any existing characters you had.
    Interesting... but I thought TP was per account, not per server.

Does this mean you could log into multi servers where your characters are at and get even more TP?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Interesting... but I thought TP was per account, not per server.

Does this mean you could log into multi servers where your characters are at and get even more TP?
    Earning the Turbine Points through favor can happen on each server and they all end up in the same DDO Store account pool for you. The "max favor on server" is per server, and the "character favor" is per character per server, but it all goes to the same place

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Tolero stop trying to confuse us. so we earn favor from EACH character towards TPs?
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    Tolero stop trying to confuse us. so we earn favor from EACH character towards TPs?
    Think of it the same way the in-game favor works which is you have the favor you get per house, but then also a "total favor" goal. Instead here you have the favor per character, and a "highest on server" goal.
    Last edited by Tolero; 09-01-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Think of it the same way the in-game favor works which is you have the favor you get per house, but then also a "total favor" goal. Instead here you have the favor per character, and a "total on server" goal.
    so if someone has 3 favor capped characters, and 1 with 500, then the collective sum will eventually in a circular motion make it into the grand total of TPs?

So what can I expect when I get to actually log in?

I have 7 characters with 2865 favor, 1 with 2191 (didn't quite make it to cap before the new mod, but how many level 9s get to 1750 huh?), 1 with 960ish, and 1 with 0 (favored soul place holder)?
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Wow thank you for clearing this up Telaro!!

I was curious about this in the beta as it seemed like a large amount of points new characters could get that vets could not. I have decent amounts of favor on all current servers (not the new one obviously) so I figured I was going to miss out on a ton of the "first time favor" rewards.

Now it seems I will get them all at once!!

That is great, thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    So what can I expect when I get to actually log in?

I have 7 characters with 2865 favor, 1 with 2191 (didn't quite make it to cap before the new mod, but how many level 9s get to 1750 huh?), 1 with 960ish, and 1 with 0 (favored soul place holder)?
    Wow you got to 1750 favor at lvl 9? That is impressive!!

Anyway if all those characters are on 1 server then you will get bonus favor for the character with the highest total (if there are bonuses for reaching that high of a favor level).

If you log in with the 2191 favor character first you'll get all the first time bonus favor for that server up to 2191.....if you later log in with the 2865 favor character you will only gain more store points if there is a new level of total favor bonus between 2191 and 2865. Then you will get that bonus as well

If you just log in first with your highest favor character (wow 2865 is insane!!) you should get it all at once if I understand correctly.

Now if you have characters on other servers like me....you'll get the first time favor rewards when you log onto those servers for the first time as well

Nice!!

If it follows the same path as in Beta thats a good extra 200 favor fairly fast per server you can snag just running through the newbie quests/marketplace pretty fast.

Is there a chart somewhere that shows what points we get at what levels?
    Here is what I have deduced.

favor.........TP reward

My highest favor character has 1850, so I can only guess the next server reward is at 2000 judging by the pattern. Someone with a max favor toon will have to help finish the chart.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy42 View Post
    Wow you got to 1750 favor at lvl 9? That is impressive!!

Anyway if all those characters are on 1 server then you will get bonus favor for the character with the highest total (if there are bonuses for reaching that high of a favor level).

If you log in with the 2191 favor character first you'll get all the first time bonus favor for that server up to 2191.....if you later log in with the 2865 favor character you will only gain more store points if there is a new level of total favor bonus between 2191 and 2865. Then you will get that bonus as well

If you just log in first with your highest favor character (wow 2865 is insane!!) you should get it all at once if I understand correctly.

Now if you have characters on other servers like me....you'll get the first time favor rewards when you log onto those servers for the first time as well

Nice!!

If it follows the same path as in Beta thats a good extra 200 favor fairly fast per server you can snag just running through the newbie quests/marketplace pretty fast.
    Yup! On the per server it's always looking for "what's the highest you've gotten" and if you already earned the favor it says "okay here's what you have so far" (you'll see multiple mails in your in-box as a result of it doing this retroactive rewarding). Then when you hit the next tiers for that server, you'll get more

Meanwhile, you're still earning your per-character rewards while you earn favor on that character. Sooooo.... if I have:

Argonnessen Server: Bob the Barbarian (5 favor), Francise the Favored Soul (1750 favor), Roger the Rogue (100 favor)

When I log in Bob it goes "Hmm I see you have 5 favor". Then I log in Francise and it says "Ooh I see you have 1750 favor, here ya go *grants all the mails it owes you*"...if I log in Roger with his 100 favor, it says "well I see you have 100, but you already got the 1750 tier"

As I start leveling Roger the Rogue he will still be earning his Turbine Points for being a character progress through the favor system. Let's say I get his favor up to 1750 too. I already earned the 1750 for Argonnessen. Now if I KEEP on earning favor on Roger, he'll earn the points from being a character, but he'll also keep advancing that "total of the server" for me for being the highest favor character at that point.

Let's say I then roll up on Khyber with two brand new characters: Chris the Cleric and Philip the Paladin

As I level Chris he earns favor as a character. Let's say I get him to 200 favor. As I go I'll get the points from him being a character, but when I reach the sever tiers i'll get a "good for you you have achieved X max favor on the Khyber server" mail with some more points. Let's say I go back and start earning favor on Philip because I don't like Chris. I'd get points for Philip as a character, but for the server points my highest is still Chris until Philip surpasses him.

Meanwhile my DDO Store account says "OM NOM NOM delicious Turbine Points from multiple sources!!"
    Last edited by Tolero; 09-01-2009 at 10:56 AM.

I didn't get retro favor on the beta server so I can't finish it but if the pattern holds it looks like you might get 200 more for 2k favor.

Even if that is all the favor you get thats an extra 250 favor per server for hitting 1k favor (pretty easy to hit 1k favor)...which certainly adds up.

You could basically snag favored soul for free pretty quick that way....and an extra character slot for that matter since you'll get the normal favor rewards per character as well.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

yeah that didn't help clear it up. still muddy water, just well stirred now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    Here is what I have deduced.

favor.........TP reward

My highest favor character has 1850, so I can only guess the next server reward is at 2000 judging by the pattern. Someone with a max favor toon will have to help finish the chart.
    My highest favor is in the 1800s-1900s range, but I only got mail up to 500.

The character I logged on first had 800ish favor, though, which would explain it. I did log on my higher-favor character later, but did not receive more points.

Yup! On the per server it's always looking for "what's the highest you've gotten" and if you already earned the favor it says "okay here's what you have so far" (you'll see multiple mails in your in-box as a result of it doing this retroactive rewarding). Then when you hit the next tiers for that server, you'll get more

Meanwhile, you're still earning your per-character rewards while you earn favor on that character. Sooooo.... if I have:

Argonnessen Server: Bob the Barbarian (5 favor), Francise the Favored Soul (1750 favor), Roger the Rogue (100 favor)

When I log in Bob it goes "Hmm I see you have 5 favor". Then I log in Francise and it says "Ooh I see you have 1750 favor, here ya go *grants all the mails it owes you*"...if I log in Roger with his 100 favor, it says "well I see you have 100, but you already got the 1750 tier"

As I start leveling Roger the Rogue he will still be earning his Turbine Points for being a character progress through the favor system. Let's say I get his favor up to 1750 too. I already earned the 1750 for Argonnessen. Now if I KEEP on earning favor on Roger, he'll earn the points from being a character, but he'll also keep advancing that "total of the server" for me for being the highest favor character at that point.

Let's say I then roll up on Khyber with two brand new characters: Chris the Cleric and Philip the Paladin

As I level Chris he earns favor as a character. Let's say I get him to 200 favor. As I go I'll get the points from him being a character, but when I reach the sever tiers i'll get a "good for you you have achieved X max favor on the Khyber server" mail with some more points. Let's say I go back and start earning favor on Philip because I don't like Chris. I'd get points for Philip as a character, but for the server points my highest is still Chris until Philip surpasses him.

Meanwhile my DDO Store account says "OM NOM NOM delicious Turbine Points from multiple sources!!"
    Ok I have been here for more than 2 years, was in beta have a my ddo account and my regular one and I was subscribed as of July 31st. When I log into my account and go to my character I only have 100 turbine points, but i have emails in my inbox totaling 250, but I have no more tp. When I log in to the my ddo account I have 0 tp, so I am getting hosed for 3000 tp.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    yeah that didn't help clear it up. still muddy water, just well stirred now.
    what don't you get? I'll attempt to answer it in engineer speak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast