Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default To twink or not to twink...

Unlike other servers, twinking will be alot diff here. It'll be somewhat easier depending on your credit limit
    Elite Raiders
    *Slaug~Umpa~Abrit~Lyzandor~Xondyl~Ebrit~Rollinn~Gellert~Leper*
    The Raid Stealer

Even with a high credit limit you are still going to be severly limited in your twinking ability.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

It'll be so awesome to see a +2 weapon on the auction house for 5,000 plat...

...and it'll be even more awesome to realize that 5,000 plat is a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Babumbalaboo View Post
    It'll be so awesome to see a +2 weapon on the auction house for 5,000 plat...

...and it'll be even more awesome to realize that 5,000 plat is a lot of money.
    To bad that wont last long

Quote Originally Posted by Uska_d'Orien View Post
    To bad that wont last long
    Well theese days the platfarmers can´t just use old tricks to enlarge their stack of chips to vendor off, i doubt we´ll see to much from em. Atleats i hope it takes more then a year

for the most part - alot of us will all be equal in gear foreshame!
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipner View Post
    Well theese days the platfarmers can´t just use old tricks to enlarge their stack of chips to vendor off, i doubt we´ll see to much from em. Atleats i hope it takes more then a year
    not the plat farmers I worry so much its the powergamers.

Community Member

not the plat farmers I worry so much its the powergamers.
    Yeah, they're evil, we should ban them from the game
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Yeah, they're evil, we should ban them from the game
    your funny just dont want them ruining the economy to early but by no means of course ban them or forbid them from going to server they should be hobbled for bit by the no transfers, but I predict that we will have cap'd characters within 1-2 weeks on the server by people with more cash then sense.

I wonder what it will be like to enter the Wayward Lobster's brawling pit and not be instantly immobilized by a Level 16 wizard.

your funny just dont want them ruining the economy to early but by no means of course ban them or forbid them from going to server they should be hobbled for bit by the no transfers, but I predict that we will have cap'd characters within 1-2 weeks on the server by people with more cash then sense.
    not cash, time, and most oft he power gamers will on their regular server trying to get 10 chars to lvl 20 and beatt he raid on n/h/e. I know I will, but I am seriously considering starting a char on here to spend 1-2 nights a week on
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Community Member

I play about 2-3 hours a night, maybe 5 nights a week (10-15 hrs/wk). I'm pretty sure I could cap a char in two weeks without store usage, assuming there were adequate grouping opportunities. So I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at here...
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    not cash, time, and most oft he power gamers will on their regular server trying to get 10 chars to lvl 20 and beatt he raid on n/h/e. I know I will, but I am seriously considering starting a char on here to spend 1-2 nights a week on
    yeah cash to buy turbine points for mana pots exp pots wont be many but there will be afew who want to be the first to cap on the new server

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    I play about 2-3 hours a night, maybe 5 nights a week (10-15 hrs/wk). I'm pretty sure I could cap a char in two weeks without store usage, assuming there were adequate grouping opportunities. So I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at here...
    you can cap a character in 2wks no store and no twinking I would like to see that.

Just like I did on Risia im gonna probably make a character no one knows and see how far I get them untwinked and without assistance. It was really fun I appreciated pulls I got for my ranger more then anything and I could solo in peace. So definitely wont be twinking on this server I can do that on the other servers lol
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

I have to say, I am seriously considering spending some time on Cannith as well, with the new mod releasing FvS, there will be a huge influx of healers here, I was thinking of playing something that you may not see but that might be worthwhile to get me into groups - anyone know a decent 28pt bard build that solo's ok but is really desirable for group so I can work out a 1750 favor character & still be accepted in to raids? Might try that route...hmmmm
    - my reputation says nuetral, my character sheet says Chaotic Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kominalito View Post
    if grief for you is a few minutes of a pumpkinheaded player in a videogame, you must live in a palace of naked women made of chocolate and money.

I dont think it will be that hard I know I got my first keeper cleric to 16 in 2 weeks and even though I brought her scrolls and stuff for back up she pulled her own gear like armor and weapons. I think it depends on the class you play the need for said class and your ability to burn the midnight oil. Ive capped many girls quickly now knowing the quest chains that get you xp. And if your lucky enough to find a group that is in the same goal mind you can definitely get it done.

Thought the twinking thing is another issue im still sure there are some who can pull it off I know im not one of them though lol I just want to see how far I can get its been a long time since Ive truly started fresh.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

I'm thinking the power gamers will all level their 20 "toons" to L20 before they start exploring here. Even then, without twink gear it will take a while to be able to loot run the high level stuff. I figure the economy hear has 6-12 months before it gets stupid, longer before people have 2mil plat to spend on a +2 tome.

I'll be here. All my toons are on Sarlona. But i will start playing here. I BOught all the Cannith books, and books with info on House Cannith, and it is my overall favorite guild.. See you guys soon

Like any other social system, the cream will rise to the top.

Stripped of all gear, tomes and build advantages, there will be a lot of sub-par players struggling.

3 years of following the guildies thru dungeons to the end chest means squat on a new server

Personally, I can't wait. After grinding 1750 on all 5 servers from scratch, I welcome the chance to bare-bones it again - without even the AH to rely on (for the first few hours)

First thing I am doing when the servers go up is logging Cannith and reserving all my names
    Last edited by Arnya; 08-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast