Community Member

Default Soulbot Warforged Favored Soul

Soulbot
    (Warforged Lawful Good Favored Soul 18/Monk 2)

Goals:
    The main goal is to have very good DC based casting, while at the same time having solid melee DPS. Should be a very good solo build. I did not go for AC here, however, with the monk splash and the proper gear one could get AC in the upper 50's self buffed.

Cons:
    The main con is -2 to spell penetration, targets with high SR can be dealt with via melee DPS and Blade Barrier to overcome this issue. The other note is the reflex save while solid at 28 is not spectacular. It should work well to reduce AOE spell damage although not maybe 95% at high levels.

(Gear and tomes listed are for max planning purposes and are in no way required to do the build, you do need eventually by level 20 a +2 charisma tome to cast level 9 spells)

Stats:
    Str 16 (32=16 +3 Tome +3 Exc. +6 Item +2 Rage +2 Str Pot)
    Dex 8 (16=8 +2 Tome +6 Item)
    Con 14 (26=14 +3 Tome +1 Exc. +6 Item +2 Rage)
    Int 8 8
    Wis 16 (38=16 +5 Levels +3 Tome +2 Enh. +6 Item +2 Exc. +2 Wis Pot +2 Stance)
    Cha 8 (20=8 +3 Tome +3 Enh. +6 Item)

(The pots listed in the stats will be for sale in the store and one of the things I will be buying with my monthly turbine points)

Level Progression:
    1 thru 2-Monk
    3 thru 20-Favored Soul

Slots:
    Head: Greensteel Mineral II (+45hp,+6 Con Skills, 2x Stoneskin)
    Goggles: Tharne's Goggles (+5 Sneak Attack)
    Neck: <Not yet determined>
    Armor: DT Armor (Resistance +5,Healing +20%,Greater Potency VII)
    Bracers: Tharne's Bracers (Dex +6, -20% Threat)
    Gloves: Supreme Tyrant of Wizardry VI (Cha Skills +6, 300sp)
    Cloak: Cha +6
    Belt: Belt of the Defenders of Syberis (Con +6, GFL)
    Trinket: Head of Good Fortune/Bloodstone Seeker +6
    Boots: Striders
    Ring 1: Warpriest (Wis +6, Ex. Str +1, +2 Ex. Wis)
    Ring 2: FB ring (Str +6, + 1 Ex. Con, + 2 Ex. Str)
    Main Hand: Mineral II Greatsword Holy +Acid +Acid Blast

Feats:
    1-(MB)Toughness
    1-THF
    2-(MB)Power Attack
    3-Quicken
    6-Maximize
    9-ITHF
    12-Empower
    15-GTHF
    18-Heighten

HP:
    160(Levels) +20(Heroic) +10(Draconic) +30(GFL) +160(Con) +45(Helm) +22(Tough) +80(Enh.)=527

SP:
    1485(18 FS) +135(Cha) +570(GS)=2190

Enhancements:
    Favored Soul Charisma III
    Favored Soul Life Magic IV
    Favored Soul Toughness IV
    Favored Soul Improved Spell Penetration III
    Favored Soul Wisdom II
    Favored Soul Greatsword Spec II
    Warforged Toughness IV
    Warforged Power Attack IV
    Warforged Healer's Friend II
    Monk Water Stance

Spells:
    1-Divine Favor, Doom, Remove Fear, Nightshield
    2-Resist Energy, Soundburst, Hold Person, CMW
    3-Searing Light, Prot. From Energy, Remove Curse, Remove Disease
    4-Divine Power, Recitation, Freedom of Movement, Death Ward
    5-Greater Command, CLW Mass, Prot. From Elements, True Seeing
    6-Blade Barrier, Heal, Banishment, CMW Mass
    7-CSW Mass, Destruction, Symbol of Stunning
    8-CCW Mass, Fire Storm
    9-Implosion

To Hit:
    BAB (Divine Power) 20
    Str 11
    Weapon 5
    Bard 8
    Haste 1
    Lord of Blades 1
    Divine Favor 3
    Power Attack -9
    +40 (First Swing)

Damage:
    Weapon 15.5
    Str 16
    PA 18
    Sneak 8
    Bard 8
    Spec 4
    Glancing Blows 31.5
    DF 3
    +104

Saves (Fort/Reflex/Will):
    Base: 14/14/14
    Attributes: 8/3/14
    Resistance: 5/5/5
    Head: 2/2/2
    Greater Hero: 4/4/4
    Total: 33/28/39

DPS:
    Base 64.5
    Extra Damage 8
    Extra Weapon Damage (Non-Crit) 13
    Total Seeker Bonus for Criticals: 6
    Extra Critical Damage Other 11
    Extra Critical Damage on 20 14
    Regular Hit Percentage 0.75
    Critical Hit Percentage 0.2
    Critical Multiplier 2
    Glancing Blows Physical 31.5
    Glancing Blows Procs 2.53
    Glancing Blows Per Minute 70
    Swings Per Minute 140
    DPS = 271.7

DC:
    10(Base) +9(Level) +14(Wis) +1(Item)=34

Spell Penetration:
    18(Level) +3(Enh.) +2(Item)=23

(I am assuming that there will be a Warforged Power Attack IV, it looks like there should be but this might not actually exist in Mod 9)
    Last edited by EinarMal; 08-25-2009 at 09:54 AM.

no ac and no DR. But as a casting focused soul it works fine. having a WF cleric/monk, I would personally try to squeeze the AC in.

item slots:

neck: isn't the napkin a cloak? also the Torq or shintao set would work great here

bracers: try out the DQ bracers, you dont need the -threat from tharnes, not with the damage other classes will be dealing. DQ will help alot the no ac thing, or try AC and put on chaosgardes

Belt: FB belt, same as the pally belt you have listed, and will give a nice set bonus with the ring

scratch the warpriest ring and pick up whatever is charisma +6 Str +1 (if FB isnt Str +1, otherwise look for Char +1, or go shintao just for set bonus) this free's up the cape slot for a Con Op item (also your wisdom item)

acid blast will be doing very little for you at third tier on ur weapon. I'd suggest Wisdom +2 instead, thus letting you grab healing amp 30% on the ring. For a total of +50% amp.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Wink Napkin

Yeah, the reavers napkin is a cloak, so that doesnt work. Maybe the amulet from cyrpt series in the necro? Or even a greensteel necklace? (smoke II anyone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Whooops. We clearly were out of line with several of these ingredients. Including items like Dreamspitter and Chattering Ring is an embarrasing error on our part and was in no way intentional.

Community Member

Yeah doh, will figure out something for the neck slot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    no ac and no DR. But as a casting focused soul it works fine. having a WF cleric/monk, I would personally try to squeeze the AC in.

item slots:

neck: isn't the napkin a cloak? also the Torq or shintao set would work great here

bracers: try out the DQ bracers, you dont need the -threat from tharnes, not with the damage other classes will be dealing. DQ will help alot the no ac thing, or try AC and put on chaosgardes

Belt: FB belt, same as the pally belt you have listed, and will give a nice set bonus with the ring

scratch the warpriest ring and pick up whatever is charisma +6 Str +1 (if FB isnt Str +1, otherwise look for Char +1, or go shintao just for set bonus) this free's up the cape slot for a Con Op item (also your wisdom item)

acid blast will be doing very little for you at third tier on ur weapon. I'd suggest Wisdom +2 instead, thus letting you grab healing amp 30% on the ring. For a total of +50% amp.
    Thanks for the item suggestions, as far as the no AC/DR shouldn't be a big deal, I have so many spell points quickened heals and scrolls will be my AC/DR. I might also grab the docent of defiance for situational use, and I could craft some displacement clickies.

I could list the AC gear, but I probably personally won't bother with it.

With probably 1500 spell points of self healing, that is 33 casts of quickened heal per shrine.

When I did the AC calcs, I was having trouble getting above low to mid 50's AC, with self buffs. That may or may not even be worth anything at level 20.

For trash mobs soloing blade barrier will be what I use the most, for mobs that doesn't work on I can beat them down with a greatsword or use insta kill if that works.

In raids I will probably be healing, hopefully up close with swing-swing-mass heal patterns to add a bit of DPS while healing.
    Last edited by EinarMal; 08-25-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    Yeah doh, will figure out something for the neck slot.
    How about the warchanter necklace?

Torin’s Choker - (Necklace) Superior Potency VI, Wizardry VI, Warchanter Set Bonus [ML:18, BTC]

The accompaning ring will probably be +6 CHA, +1 Exceptional STR.

You can move your +WIS item to another slot via Existential Stalemate.

Warchanter: When both items are equipped you will gain an additonal bard songs after resting, and Maximize Spells cost 4 Spell points less and Extend spell will cost 1 spell point less.

And switch out that Belt for the Frenzied Berzerker belt. It’s the same as the DoS belt but with better damage from the set bonus.

# Knost's Belt - (Belt) Constitution +6, Greater False Life, Frenzied Berserker Set Bonus [ML:18, BTC]

Frenzied Berserker: When both items are equipped you will gain an additional rage after resting, and add an addition 2 points of damage per swing. If you have the Frenzied Berserker 3 Enhancement, this item will grant an additional +2 bonus to Strength and Constitution. This bonus will stack with all existing bonuses.
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 08-28-2009 at 07:07 PM.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator_206 View Post
    Yeah, the reavers napkin is a cloak, so that doesnt work. Maybe the amulet from cyrpt series in the necro? Or even a greensteel necklace? (smoke II anyone?)
    lol, that's one of the funny things about the game
    you'd think a napkin would go to the neck slot instead of the back
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Well, it would...if you were a giant.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vormaerin View Post
    Well, it would...if you were a giant.
    Word
    +1

Community Member

Default Cannith 28 pt. Version

For fun I decided to make this build on Cannith, so I had to adjust the stats a bit to cover less twink gear and 28 point builds

This is what I ended up rolling:

Stats:
    Str 16
    Dex 8
    Con 10
    Int 8
    Wis 15 + 5 Level ups
    Cha 11

I lowered Wisdom by 1 point and Con by 4 freeing up 7 build points (4 lost from 28 point build). I put the remaining extra +3 in charisma since that will be harder to bump without easy charisma gear.

With toughness enhancements you still hit ~490 hit points at level 20 and geared up, and can still hit 38 wisdom with all the right gear/buffs.

If they ever allow upgrades to 32 point builds I would put the the extra points into Wis (3) and 1 back into Con.

I am currently level 4 on Cannith as Soulbot, been a lot of fun so far, will be nice to get better healing spells as cure light on a warforged ******.

Community Member

Still going strong on Cannith, currently at level 6, almost to 7. I have yet to join a group all solo. Cure moderate is making self healing much better and using all melée at this point. I am looking forward to next level and getting sounburst for some CC and critical carnage.
    Last edited by EinarMal; 09-05-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Community Member

I just unlocked 32 point builds on Cannith and I've been very interested in starting a build similar to this. My stats were going to be 16/8/12/8/16/10. I was curious what you were doing with your 1 skill point per level. Are you raising concentration, or are you just using quicken all the time (since you took it so early) and splitting your levels between balance and jump?

Also since it's been two months since your last post, I was curious how the build was going for you? Anything you'd change or any afterward advice on it?