Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

that's awesome dopi. or horrible. but either way i'm glad you're still playing!

Yesterday I ran some great raid runs with the great guild I just joined.. while my wife made her great Gazphaco...chilled some wine.. I take her out for sushi, movies, basically treat her well... and in turn she understands (as best she can) my hobby of DDO. I kick in for housework, food shopping, etc. All while playing about 20 to 40 hours per week, running (ran a marathon this year), and working 40 to 50 hours a week. Sleep is over rated.

Like some others I made choices in life, one of which was to marry a great woman that I can commumicate with and understands my needs. I in turn give back to her.

Balance in life is not easily achieved but something we should all strive to attain. Games with no set "end" and never ending goals can easily swing life out of balance. I recommend the OP take a step back and meditate on what is important to him in life. After all maybe you play DDO to escape her? If so then you should leave. If not then cut back on DDO, after all it is just a game and don't let that impact your real life.
    Cardinaldrew - Badmonkey - Ramblinrose - Heatmonkey - Soulmonkey - Minglle wood - Estimated Prophet - and other monkeys. All deleted for permanent retirement.

Proud Officer --- Archangels---

Default Update to the situation

Ok, first off ~ Thank you all for the support and positive thoughts!

Secondly,

It seems as though she just wanted some attention from me, so I gave her some "rough and tumble" attention and all is good once again.

I guess in the future if I say I need to go take care of the wife then I may be back in a few minutes or it may be see ya tomorrow.

Either way thanks for your understanding ahead of time!!!

Happy Raiding!

Lmao

south of Boston MA sports mecca of the world

Quote Originally Posted by vainangel View Post
    My friends cat is more important than the game.
    If he comes to me while I am playing, unless it is RIGHT in the middle of a Raid Boss Fight, I get up to see what he wants.

Have fun with your "free time" I hope it works out for you.
    lol i wonder what your motive was to post this lol if it was to show that some things are more important than the game i think you failed. in addition idk if you could have picked something more humorous as attending to your friends cat. maybe had you said you feel that your ant farm was more important, maybe that would have delivered a better chuckle, or maybe watching paint dry. regardless if you think so lowly of this game as that it is less important than your friends cat then maybe your not having such a good time here. or maybe you need some higher priorities, maybe you should start with getting your own cat lol.
    Heffty, Handee, Brainy, Grouchy, Vanitty, Paapa, Lazie, Smurffette, Jokie
    Best Pally and Guild Leader...PERIOD (Handee)
    Guild Leader Of A.O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyria View Post
    It seems as though she just wanted some attention from me, so I gave her some "rough and tumble" attention and all is good once again.
    I was wonderin what that 2 minute afk was for...thanks for clearing things up.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

You can learn alot about spouses by watching a cat. When you want to pick them up they want to be put down. When you want to be left alone, they purrr and purrr and rub against you. If you dangle a string they go crazy for it. Throw the string at their feet and they don't want to have anything to do with it.

So all I am saying is, you can play as much ddo as you want, as long as you pretend you don't want to do it! Me I pretend I am so bored when my spouse is gone that I have to play ddo or else surf myspace for hot babes.

But if you choose ddo over your spouse your genes will be unapologetically weeded out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    You can learn alot about spouses by watching a cat. When you want to pick them up they want to be put down. When you want to be left alone, they purrr and purrr and rub against you. If you dangle a string they go crazy for it. Throw the string at their feet and they don't want to have anything to do with it.

So all I am saying is, you can play as much ddo as you want, as long as you pretend you don't want to do it! Me I pretend I am so bored when my spouse is gone that I have to play ddo or else surf myspace for hot babes.

But if you choose ddo over your spouse your genes will be unapologetically weeded out of existence.

Pure genius.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Pure genius.
    Took me two years of going out every friday and saturday night to learn this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffty_Smurf View Post
    lol i wonder what your motive ...
    I wish I understood what you are trying to say. Saying I have messed up priorities is a bit inane. My point was as simple as counting to 10.

This is a game.

A living being, be it a human or a cat, is more important than any game. I enjoy playing this game a great deal. However if the cat wants food, my friend was to go for a walk, my mom calls, i need to sleep, finishing a radio program, a concert I have to prep for, eating, taking a shower... you know LIFE calls, I afk or log off.

Seems a bit weak to assume I do not enjoy the game because I have a life outside of Stormreach.
    ??* Worth[R]Elf ??* Kittu[R/P]Dwarf ??* Alexo[S]Drow ??* Amida[R]Elf ??* Krsna[R/F]Warforged ??* vainangel[F/W]Human ??* Cundi[FvS]Drow ??* ♪♫.we are sarcastic.♫♪

Quote Originally Posted by vainangel View Post
    A living being, be it a human or a cat, is more important than any game. I enjoy playing this game a great deal. However if the cat wants food, my friend was to go for a walk, my mom calls, i need to sleep, finishing a radio program, a concert I have to prep for, eating, taking a shower... you know LIFE calls, I afk or log off.

Seems a bit weak to assume I do not enjoy the game because I have a life outside of Stormreach.
    I don't understand what you're saying.
    Tinted Faces/AFK Inside Quest - Zindar, Ballerd, Mazrim

Who would sup with the mighty must climb the path of daggers

Wait...you mean that DDO is a game---its not real?

I need a drink <sigh>

LOLOLOL
    "Some things have to be believed to be seen." Ralph Hodgson

Ciarra Stormbringer Cleric/Sorceror
    Darianna Dawnbringer Wizard
    Riasha Dawnbringer Rogue/Fighter

Rhavynheart Stormbringer Cleric
    Kestryl Stormbringer Sorceror

Well my wife has given me a choice -

I can keep the game or keep her

Soooooooooo-

It time for me to say.....

What do you guys want to run, cause I am going to have alot more free time on my hands!!!!
    LMAO...+1....ya had me for a minute...I was like no way lol until I read the last part
    Retired: Forum slacker

Quote Originally Posted by bartcom2000 View Post
    ...and i do swallow!

Quote Originally Posted by Gol View Post
    Me too.
    If you pardon my cliché, me three. For the love of humanity, I honestly hope OP is being facetious.

lol i wonder what your motive was to post this lol if it was to show that some things are more important than the game i think you failed. in addition idk if you could have picked something more humorous as attending to your friends cat. maybe had you said you feel that your ant farm was more important, maybe that would have delivered a better chuckle, or maybe watching paint dry. regardless if you think so lowly of this game as that it is less important than your friends cat then maybe your not having such a good time here. or maybe you need some higher priorities, maybe you should start with getting your own cat lol.

So Can i get that Pally build from you?

I mean if you've got time to post small blocks of text you must have plenty of time to post up the Best Pally in the Game.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

That's it Heff,I'm tired of you being so critical of others!
    You don't know the situation with that cat,don't pretend you do!
    That cat could be just like Lassie and was warning them their souffle' had fallen,someone is at the door with watchtower pamphlets or someone they know has fallen down a well!
    You of all people should be sensitive to the plight of fat tabbies!
    Why do you have to be so judgemental,WHY!
    Naash Bel Gur Pokee Smaki Quincie
    We're not just ok....We're AOK!

Officer of Aces over Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    I was wonderin what that 2 minute afk was for...thanks for clearing things up.
    apparently he had time for a shave and shower afterwards too

Talking

LOL

This is funny thread to read

ahh the joys of relationships...marriage,
    Follow me on TWITTER - IF YOU DARE

Quote Originally Posted by toughguyjoe View Post
    So Can i get that Pally build from you?

I mean if you've got time to post small blocks of text you must have plenty of time to post up the Best Pally in the Game.
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    <I Do Haste Potions>
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    gamblerjoe is right
    Calistica-Cannacon-Drrokso-Noghud-Slashdance-Tinnn-Beasler-Murdertrain

Ok, first off ~ Thank you all for the support and positive thoughts!

Secondly,

I guess in the future if I say I need to go take care of the wife then I may be back in a few minutes or it may be see ya tomorrow.

Either way thanks for your understanding ahead of time!!!

Happy Raiding!

see, all she needed was a little maintenance(rough & tumble)... grats cause who likes to get their own dinner and if we had to clean the bathroom we'd be up to our ankles in dirty shower water in no time. Glad it worked out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast