Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1727

No, +2 per life is correct.

It was originally +1, but Turbine realized that this gave little incentive to have a third druid life, since that extra point wouldn't actually do anything.

They also realized that on the whole, pets and hirelings are -so- gimpy that going from +3 to +6 in their attributes would have basically no effect at all.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

I downloaded the new planner last week and found that the forum export window will only go to 20. Also is there a way to load older version character builds into the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by MarQuileth View Post
    I downloaded the new planner last week and found that the forum export window will only go to 20. Also is there a way to load older version character builds into the new version?
    Ignore it. Set your level to 25 and hit Forum Export. It should work. I'll have this fixed in the new version.

As far as old builds, how old? As far as I know, everything ought to be backward compatible for at least a ways back. If it's really old, there may be issues, but I might be able to explain a fix (depends on HOW old, no promises, heh). Post the text file of the save and I can take a look.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Ignore it. Set your level to 25 and hit Forum Export. It should work. I'll have this fixed in the new version.

As far as old builds, how old? As far as I know, everything ought to be backward compatible for at least a ways back. If it's really old, there may be issues, but I might be able to explain a fix (depends on HOW old, no promises, heh). Post the text file of the save and I can take a look.
    On the forum export the drop down only goes to lvl 20 so that is all it shows. Since there isn't a printable version yet what I like to do is cut and paste to a word document and format it to a nice readable sheet...can't do that to 25 atm...

As for the version I was using 3121 and 3161 wouldn't read the saved files...do I need to move the file to the new folder?

Quote Originally Posted by MarQuileth View Post
    On the forum export the drop down only goes to lvl 20 so that is all it shows. Since there isn't a printable version yet what I like to do is cut and paste to a word document and format it to a nice readable sheet...can't do that to 25 atm...
    Yeah. The trick is to not touch that dropdown. When you run the program, load your build, set the level to 25 using the blue bars. Hit the forum export button to go to the screen and don't mess with that dropdown at all. It should be blank. If you export like that, it will go all the way to 25.

That's actually a bug, but it allows you to export to 25, heh. I already have that fixed here.

As for the version I was using 3121 and 3161 wouldn't read the saved files...do I need to move the file to the new folder?
    Hmmm, I don't have a 3.12.01 file lying around, but I just successfully loaded a 3.11.01 build, so it should work. You can move the file into the current save directory if you want, or just navigate to it when you bring up the load dialog, whichever.

It's possible there could be equipment issues with a build that old (the build I loaded didn't have any equipment set up). If you can't load it, post the text of the file here and let me take a look at it.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Hmmm, I don't have a 3.12.01 file lying around, but I just successfully loaded a 3.11.01 build, so it should work. You can move the file into the current save directory if you want, or just navigate to it when you bring up the load dialog, whichever.

It's possible there could be equipment issues with a build that old (the build I loaded didn't have any equipment set up). If you can't load it, post the text of the file here and let me take a look at it.
    I moved the file into the current location and was able to load it from there.

Yeah. The trick is to not touch that dropdown. When you run the program, load your build, set the level to 25 using the blue bars. Hit the forum export button to go to the screen and don't mess with that dropdown at all. It should be blank. If you export like that, it will go all the way to 25.

That's actually a bug, but it allows you to export to 25, heh. I already have that fixed here.
    Got it to work but it didn't show the lvl 24 ability increase.

btw Ron
    did we mention how awesome you are?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Build 03.16.01: on a human rogue, I had toughness as a level 1 feat, and 2 toughness enhancements at 20. I removed the toughness feat, which made the first toughness enhancement unselectable, but the ap were still spent, and the 2nd toughness enhancement was still selectable (no red error signs).

Community Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before (didnt check previous posts) but downloaded planner today to make a multiclass bard16/ranger2/rogue2...

took rogue first level
    upon taking ranger at 2nd level noticed two weapon fighting feat was added to my Known Feats even though im not a 2nd level ranger.

continued and at 6th level I gained the improved two weapon feat even though I was 1 rogue/1 ranger/4 bard....

Seems Ranger feat prerequistes are checking overall character level instead of ranger class level and granting them incorrectly.
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at those bugs and see what the deal is.

News on the next version: The "snapshot" printout is coming along, albeit somewhat slowly. I have to program in the sections one bit at a time, and every label, every line, and every data point that gets outputted has to be looked at to make sure it is printing in the right place (and usually it's not, so it has to be adjusted three or four times until it is exactly where I want it). So it's a somewhat slow process. This is why I've not done an overhaul of the printout before this

I've switched over to printing to PDF files, just to save my poor printer's ink and paper supplies, heh.

I am printing out two graphics (the DDO logo at the top right, and the D&D "swirl" in front of the section headings). These print out fine. I was trying to get the second one to print with transparency, but I have given up on that idea. It's tricky to get printers to print a graphic with an alpha channel, and it's just not worth the time it's taking me to make sure it works right. I can fake it very easily, so that's what I'm going to do instead.

I'm adding a lot more information to the snapshot than I had originally intended to do, but I want it to look like a PnP D&D printout, and they have certain characteristics, so there will be breakdowns of stuff on the page. This may require a bit of structural change to the other parts of the program (mostly in the character class code and probably the equipment class code) in order to get all the individual bits that we need to print, but all that information already exists, so it should be easy enough to extract.

The "Level Guide" part of the printout should be much simpler. It will just be a list of "things to do" split up by level, so that when you are standing at the trainer, you can answer his questions by just going down the list). So I think that ought to be a pretty quick bit of coding, hopefully.

So yeah, coming along, slowly but surely

Hey gang,

Does anyone have a list of all the possible modifier categories to your ability scores?

It used to be (very recently) that when you hovered over your ability score on the character sheet, it would show this information. But they've made it now such that anything that is zero doesn't show up anymore, so now I don't have a full list (I just went in to get the full list and my game updated, which is probably the very same update where they took out displaying the entire set, grrrrr).

I have:
    Base
    Inherent
    Enchanted (this is all equipment modifiers. Even though equipment has a bunch of different categories, for the purposes of listing their effects on abilities, they are all lumped together under "Enchanted", I think. Is that right?)
    Enhancement (Is that the right heading for ability modifiers from enhancements? Not sure about this one)

What are the others?
    Last edited by Ron; 02-22-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Default Modifiers

Enhancement (Is that the right heading for ability modifiers from enhancements? Not sure about this one)
    I think I remember Feat for a category. I thought Enhancements was actually merged in with another one, but I can't recall exactly which one.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Ah, feats. Yes, of course. Duh

Okay, I think the way I'm going to do the breakdown is into the following categories:

Total [sum of everything below]
    Base
    Level Ups
    Inherent [tomes]
    Feats
    Enhancements
    Enchanted [all equipment]
    Ability Modifier [+1, +2, etc]

That's probably not the same way it was broken down in game, but I think that's a reasonable way to do it. That gives me a total of 8 lines (with the ability modifier included) for each ability, which is a good number (that puts me about half way across the page for the printout, leaving me enough room to put something next to it).

Seem alright to you guys?

Gang,

I'm putting in the "Combat Options" section of the printout, which is basically just the BAB plus some stats on your (up to) two equipped weapons.

In addition to the weapon names, I'm also putting in Attack Bonus, Damage, Critical Range, and Damage Type fields. Unfortunately, we have NONE of that data in the text files. But I don't think that would be very hard to add in (and it would be useful to have). So I think I am going to leave those fields, although they will be blank for now.

I'm definitely going to be doing an equipment overhaul (or at least a pass, maybe not an entire overhaul). And at that point I will add that information in.

So our current ToDo list is:

Printout Overhaul (in progress)
    EDs
    Forum Export Templates
    Equipment

At some point Turbine is going to come down on us like a ton of bricks with their Enhancement overhaul. I suppose whenever that hits, we will have to stop what we are doing and handle that. I'm hoping they hold off long enough to at least let us get in the EDs, but we will see

Speaking of weapon names, I have to make sure I have enough space for the longest weapon name. What is the longest name of a weapon you can think of? Something like "+1 Body Feeder Long Sword of Greater Giant Bane" or something. Give me the longest name you can come up with...
    Last edited by Ron; 02-25-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Speaking of weapon names, I have to make sure I have enough space for the longest weapon name. What is the longest name of a weapon you can think of? Something like "+1 Body Feeder Long Sword of Greater Giant Bane" or something. Give me the longest name you can come up with...
    I'm thinking one of those Thaumaturgical Staves" with Greater Something Lore?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

+10 Flametouched Iron Improved Cursespewing Throwing Hammer of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane

+10 densewood Improved Cursespewing Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane

These are the longest ones I can come up with off the top of my head. Unknown if the titles for fully formed Greensteel or Alchemical will be longer. Obviously we don't have +10 at the moment, but it would not be unthinkable to have it at some point in the future.

Wow, yeah, that's pretty long. I can check over the greensteel stuff and see if it can get longer.

I'll probably have to drop the font down a bit to get something that long into the space I have available for it. Easy enough to do, though.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Wow, yeah, that's pretty long. I can check over the greensteel stuff and see if it can get longer.
    You asked. But as you are proving it isn't the size that counts, but how you use it. (you knew someone had to go there. )

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    +10 Flametouched Iron Improved Cursespewing Throwing Hammer of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane

+10 densewood Improved Cursespewing Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane

These are the longest ones I can come up with off the top of my head. Unknown if the titles for fully formed Greensteel or Alchemical will be longer. Obviously we don't have +10 at the moment, but it would not be unthinkable to have it at some point in the future.
    +10 Densewood Improved Cursespewing Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Greater Monstrous Humanoid Bane

+5 Supreme Tyrant Greensteel Heavy Repeating Crossbow of Concordant Opposition
    Last edited by Artos_Fabril; 02-25-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast