Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1727

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Thanks for putting the entries together Sebastian. I'll get those into our internal build. In the meantime, you monk types can add them manually as he instructed.
    You're welcome and I am happy to be of assistance.

I do have a question about the data format, if you have the time. You don't have to reveal your reasoning if you don't want to. I'm just curious.

I basically copied the entry for Improved Sneak Attack to make the fix. I first attempted to input the data for them as a CLASSLIST restriction but that didn't work with the class+level requirement in NEEDSALL. I'm assuming the data parsed correctly. They simply didn't show up.

I was wondering why these feats apparently need to be based on RACELIST and have class restrictions embedded in NEEDSALL instead of like Improved Turning which is restricted through CLASSLIST. Improved SA, Vorpal Strikes and Improved MA are all class specific. Is it due to the class+level requirement?

Like I said, I'm just curious. You don't need to spend your time explaining it if you don't want to.

Thanks again for your marvelous app! I've enjoyed getting all Old School again with text-based data files. It takes me back.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Sure, no problem.

As far as the planner is concerned, a racelist restricted feat is one where the feat is based on the character level. While the classlist restricted feats are based on the class level. That is the fundamental difference between racelist and classlist feats.

Think about it. If we made the epic feats class restricted, you would have to be a level 21 monk (for example) to pick up Vorpal Strikes, so a 20 monk/4 fighter wouldn't be able to take it. But that's not how it works in game. In actual fact, you only need to be a level 12 monk. But we can't say "ClassList Monk" and "Level 12", because then any monk would be able to take it at level 12, ignoring the fact that you must be character level 21 to take it. I had to program it such that it mimics what happens in game.

The only real way to do such feats so that the planner understands it properly is to make them RaceList restricted to 21 with a full race list. That prevents the feat from appearing before it is supposed to. Then you can add the qualifiers into the NeedsAll catagory to restrict it to certain level classes.

There are certainly other ways to do it. Actually, the enhancements have what I think is probably a better way. They have a class list, but in the NeedsAll field it accepts a "Level" modifier, which is the minimum character level. I just put that in for the last build (to handle Force Manipulation, which requires character level 2 but spell user level 1), and I think that's probably a wiser way. I just hadn't programmed that in for feats yet. They don't know what a "Level" qualifier is. But I think I will do that in the future (maybe next build) as it makes a bit more sense.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Sure, no problem....
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Where I was getting confused was in trying to compare the class and character levels. The level field is pulling double duty depending on list type. It makes sense now. Too many years of working with relational databases has impaired my ability to think any other way. Non-atomic data like that would be severely frowned upon in such circles. In this case, however, it better fits what I assume to be an underlying object structure. You'd think I would have seen that given how many O/R mappers I written. Live long enough and you never stop learning.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain it for me.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

I think I've repped you every time you upload a new version and every other time I have the chance. Thank you so much for continuing to provide a valuable free service to the DDO community. Your character build has been utilized by hundreds, possibly thousands for countless tweaking and thought experiments and has really been a great contribution to DDO. Thanks again!

Hey gang,

So I have finished up the preliminaries for the new printout system. Now all that's left is to actually print out the character

First up is the snapshot. This is pretty much the same as what you would see on a PnP D&D character sheet. I have been looking at a few varieties that are used in PnP, and to be honest, I keep coming back to the basic 3.5 character sheet.

You can see it here on this page:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...haractersheets

It's the very first link, called Revised D&D v.3.5 character sheet (it is a pdf file). See what you think.

Now, that is a four page character sheet. I want to pare that down quite a bit. A lot of it is not relevant to DDO. I think we could get it down to a couple of pages (I originally wanted just one page for the snapshot, but that may be hard to do). But that's the basic format I'm looking at.

Tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member

Building a 16 Artificer/2 Paladin/2 Monk, and there is an extra "class" feat at level 24.

Which I guess is "internally 20 Artificer" with how you have done the epic system?

Using: 3161.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Hey gang,

So I have finished up the preliminaries for the new printout system. Now all that's left is to actually print out the character

First up is the snapshot. This is pretty much the same as what you would see on a PnP D&D character sheet. I have been looking at a few varieties that are used in PnP, and to be honest, I keep coming back to the basic 3.5 character sheet.

It's the very first link, called Revised D&D v.3.5 character sheet (it is a pdf file). See what you think.

Now, that is a four page character sheet. I want to pare that down quite a bit. A lot of it is not relevant to DDO. I think we could get it down to a couple of pages (I originally wanted just one page for the snapshot, but that may be hard to do). But that's the basic format I'm looking at.

Tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions.
    Wow. That would have to be pared down considerably. I like the basic layout, but I'm sort of partial to the format from my P&P days. I'd really like that as a DDO-centric PDF.

Speaking of PDFs, have you considered outputting to such? I know, this is a labor of love and adding things not strictly necessary is time better spent elsewhere. However, might I suggest libHaru? Do people even print anymore? I do, but I'm old and I like to have things in a physical medium. Just a thought.

Thanks for all your work!

An interesting idea, but it would take quite a bit of tweaking. We don't really care about height/weight/grapple modifiers/etc. Then there are areas like the AC calculation which for DDO would need to have about 3 times as many categories as what they list there.

Also not super friendly for forum export, which is, I think, how most people would use it. One of the reasons to use the planner is to tweak stuff in a build. That's much easier in an electronic format than on a printout, and a printout is the only really useful thing I can see to do with a character sheet like that.

Maybe someone is planning a DDO-offline P&P campaign!
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Speaking of PDFs, have you considered outputting to such?
    Eh, if people want to print to PDF, there is nothing stopping them from doing that right now. Under printer selection, select PDF. I don't see a need to set up something for it specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    An interesting idea, but it would take quite a bit of tweaking. We don't really care about height/weight/grapple modifiers/etc. Then there are areas like the AC calculation which for DDO would need to have about 3 times as many categories as what they list there.
    Yes, it would need a lot of tweaking. Much of it I would ditch. It's really just a starting point.

For example, where it now says "Character Sheet" I would change that to the character name (I have several printouts sitting on my desk, I like to be able to see, at a glance, which character they belong to, so I want the name in nice large print).

Hmmm, I wonder if I could use the DDO graphic where they have the "Dungeons and Dragons over the sword" graphic on that sheet. That would be pretty neat

Anyway, you get the idea. I would lose things like Player Name, ECL, Height, Weight, Looks, etc. None of that is really relevant to us. Most of page 3 can be dumped. So yeah, it's got some tweaking to be done before it is workable for what we want.

Also not super friendly for forum export, which is, I think, how most people would use it. One of the reasons to use the planner is to tweak stuff in a build. That's much easier in an electronic format than on a printout, and a printout is the only really useful thing I can see to do with a character sheet like that.
    This has nothing to do with the forum export. This is strictly for the printout. The forum export is a whole different thing I will tackle that project once I do the printout and then the EDs, it's third in line.
    Last edited by Ron; 02-08-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Okay everyone. I just uploaded version 3.16.1 to the web site. This adds levels 21-25.

Let me know if you spot any bugs.

Next up: Printout overhaul...
    Can't believe I missed this this week! Where's the fireworks and parade?

As always, nice work on the planner.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Hey Ron, I'm snowed in today and thought I could whip up something character sheet wise. These are pretty rough, but I think I was able to get everything on two pages with plenty of room.

Here's the sheets with no notes:
    Page 1
    Page 2

And the sheets again with a few notes I jotted:
    Page 1 w notes
    Page 2 w notes

<edit> damn forgot to put section about doublestrike percentages in the weapons section (I figure it'd be a small box like spell power)

Again, love the planner and if this helps I'm glad to be a part of it.
    Last edited by RaidMR; 02-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Cool, very nice Raid, that looks pretty good. You dropped the place for (non-worn) equipment, which I think we ought to have. But since we only have 20 skills, we can shorten up most of that column and maybe put equipment underneath that.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

It's not as if you're snowed in or anything...wait...
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Well, you know, we like to keep it low profile

Thank you. Much appreciated.

thought i'd give a mild bump and point out that your site is still linking to 3142.

I've also noticed a bug with 3161.

I'm working on a 1monk/7druid/12 rogue build.

obviously 13 rogue level would have netted me an additional rogue special ability.

At levels 21, and 24 the planner is giving me the option to take a rogue bonus ability feat, as well as the standard one.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 02-11-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    thought i'd give a mild bump and point out that your site is still linking to 3142.
    Can you post a link to the errant site? I see no such problem, so perhaps I am not looking at the right page.

I've also noticed a bug with 3161.
    Yeah, this one got by us. I'll have that fixed for the next release.

2015 DDO Players Council Shoemaker's Avatar

Post Other points...

Output test...

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Testing...
    Level 25 True Neutral Human Male
    (25 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 265
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 18\18\23\28\28
    Fortitude: 11
    Reflex: 13
    Will: 17

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (34 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 25)
    Strength             14                    15
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         16                    16
    Intelligence         10                    10
    Wisdom                8                    16
    Charisma             18                    50

Tomes Used
    +4 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +8 Tome of Charisma used at level 6
    +12 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +16 Tome of Charisma used at level 9
    +20 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
    +21 Tome of Charisma used at level 18
    +22 Tome of Charisma used at level 19

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 25)
    Balance              -1                    -1
    Bluff                 4                    28
    Concentration         7                    41
    Diplomacy             8                    43
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                4                    20
    Heal                 -1                     7
    Hide                  3                    22
    Intimidate            4                    20
    Jump                  2                    10
    Listen                3                    34
    Move Silently         3                    24
    Open Lock            n/a                    3
    Perform               8                    47
    Repair                0                     0
    Search                0                     0
    Spot                 -1                     3
    Swim                  2                     2
    Tumble               n/a                    7
    Use Magic Device      8                    1.60033e+008

Level 1 (Bard)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song I
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration I
    Enhancement: Improved Move Silently I
    Enhancement: Improved Perform I

Level 2 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I

Level 3 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song I

Level 4 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song II
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration II
    Enhancement: Improved Move Silently II
    Enhancement: Improved Perform II

Level 5 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration I

Level 6 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II

Level 7 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song III

Level 8 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration III

Level 9 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
    Enhancement: Improved Perform III

Level 10 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song IV

Level 11 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song III
    Enhancement: Bard Music of Makers

Level 12 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage III
    Enhancement: Improved Perform IV

Level 13 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Music of the Dead
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song II

Level 14 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song IV

Level 15 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration
    Enhancement: Bard Spellsinger I

Level 16 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic III

Level 17 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration II

Level 18 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
    Enhancement: Bard Spellsinger II
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music III

Level 19 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I

Level 20 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Musical Prodigy
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II

Level 21 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic Spell Focus: Enchantment

Level 22 (Bard)

Level 23 (Bard)

Level 24 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic Mental Toughness

Level 25 (Bard)
    EDIT: Hmmm, seeing some problems. Unless I really did eat a +22 tome at level 19
    The +22 CHA tome drove your UMD through the roof , or something else funky is going on there because it didn't effect Diplo, Haggle, Intim, etc in the same manner.

Level 21-25 should not really be classified as (Bard)... They are more appropriately (Epic).

The level breakdown section isn't showing "Ability: Charisma" at the appropriate levels. This would be useful for people that don't dump all of their points into one stat, so they can say Int at these levels and Con at those.

Those are the first few things I notice anyways.
    DDOwiki.com sysop ---- ShoeMaker - talk - email
    Cannith - ShoeMaker - SwampBat - ShoeHealz - ShoeSoulz - BatSwamp - ShoeStatz -- Argonnessen - ShoeMaker - SwampBat

Tech, that was a pre-release build. I fixed most of that stuff before we went live. Although a couple of them seem to have snuck through, heh. I'll get those fixed.

Everyone, I've strengthened the "non-cache" commands on that web page somewhat. I don't know how much good it will do, but maybe it'll help. If you are seeing the old version, please clear your browser cache. I assure you, the new version has been up on that page for the last week. People are using it. So it's you, it's not me.

Today I wrote the routine to send graphics out to the printer (I'm going to put the DDO logo on the upper right side of the page, and the D&D "swirl" in front of headers). We are well on the way to having a new printout. I don't know how long it will take to complete, but hopefully not real long.

I'll fix the remaining bugs that I missed with that last release as well with the next version.

-Ron

past life for Druid in 3.16.01 says +1 to summon stats
    shouldn't it be +2??
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Can you post a link to the errant site? I see no such problem, so perhaps I am not looking at the right page
    I probably had cache issues, I'll try a ctrl f5 next time before I cry wolf.

sorry for the false alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    past life for Druid in 3.16.01 says +1 to summon stats
    shouldn't it be +2??
    +1 per life is correct.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 02-12-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast