Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1727

3 more bugs I noticed about the Arcane Archer tree:

Energy of the Wild Rank 3 can't be taken on characters that possess the Magical Training feat already. The planner doesn't restrict it.

Banishing Arrows should cost only 1 AP.

Smiting Arrows should cost only 1 AP.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by gDra View Post

Banishing Arrows should cost only 1 AP.

Smiting Arrows should cost only 1 AP.
    Fixed for the next release

Energy of the Wild Rank 3 can't be taken on characters that possess the Magical Training feat already. The planner doesn't restrict it.
    Someone else will do this :P I can't..

3 more bugs I noticed about the Arcane Archer tree:

Wait. Are you saying that if you have Magical Training, the game disallows you to take this enhancement?

Oh boy. I don't know that we have that capability. We'd almost have to hardcode that in as a special case. Let me think about it.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

That's correct.
    I have 2 Artificer levels granting me Magical Training and I am therefore not allowed to take the 3rd Rank of Energy of the Wild.

As a user it's easy to work around that, no big issue. No build will ever break from it.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

That's correct.
    I have 2 Artificer levels granting me Magical Training and I am therefore not allowed to take the 3rd Rank of Energy of the Wild.

As a user it's easy to work around that, no big issue. No build will ever break from it.
    This has been fixed, thanks for the report.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    That may end up screwing up your preferred ordering. However, we are going to add a checkbox on the enhancement screen to disable that function so that it continues to works like it does now.
    Much of my manual reordering pass in the old version was due to the old planner violating progression in the output. For example, I'd often take an enhancement with progression (making up numbers now) 7 as the final enhancement on level 2. ie: The earliest it was possible to take it. The old planner would often move that enhancement up higher in the list of level 2 enhancements, which is not possible due to not having spent 7 AP yet.

1) The class specification is part of the tree name. We had to do that because of trees like Warpriest and Arcane Archer which are shared between different classes (if we didn't have that the parser would get very confused). So we are not adding it in on purpose, it's just a part of the name. It wouldn't be easy to remove (possible, but it would take effort).
    Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I see how and why that needs to be done. No worries.

2) Tier? Do you mean the horizontal level of the enhancement in the tree? Do you guys think that is useful information? I can add it if y'all want.
    I consider it vertical (row), not horizontal (column). Consider human improved recovery: There's a version on tier 1, tier 3 and tier 4, all of which have the same name. (And hotd vitality, kensei weapon specialization, archmage spell critical, etc...)

The ones with the same name are largely beside the point since it's so obvious which one is meant. Namely, the lowest level tier you haven't taken yet. I find it useful more for the result of less hunting around. Once you've unlocked, say, 4 tiers in a tree, and you list an enhancement name that hasn't come up yet and the person may not be familiar with, they now have 4 tiers of enhancements to examine in order to find it. If you include "tier 3" in some way they can more quickly identify where it is.

Totally not necessary, though, especially if it ends up making the enhancement display look "too busy."

3) Roman numerals: That won't work, I don't think. There are some enhancements (e.g. in the archmage tree, et al) that already use roman numerals in the enhancement name. So you'd end up with things like "Improved Damage Reduction II I", which is a mess. I'm open to suggestions for improving the look of the output, but it has to work for all of them
    Ah, yeah, I hear ya. The logic would be "only display a rank roman numeral if the enhancement has more than one rank" but I see how that can be problematic from the perspective of a global algorithm, particularly when the enhancement itself has roman numerals in its name.

It's no problem, I can manually convert the display before posting. For examples of the enhancement display format I use, see any build linked in my signature.

Can I make a feature request?

Ability Tomes!

With the persistence of tomes, TR characters generally have the benefits of tomes while advancing through the milestone levels. For example, a TR character with a +2 int tome has that applied as their levelling and gets the additional skill point at level 7. So when planning out the character, I have the choice of either applying the ability tome early, and being conscious of ability requirements on feats, or applying them late, and missing out on skill points that my TR life has.

Typo report: The Ability Tome screen still says 1 to 4 points, not 1 to 6 (assuming that +6s are actually in the game since Lamma-Mabar has them on Turbine's mind. Or at least +5's)

What I'm requesting is that I can put the +5s in at level 1, and the level 3 stats show min(1,iStrTome), level 7 show min(2,iStrTome)... level 19 show min(5,iStrTome) to mimic the Tomes gradual application in game.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Can I make a feature request?

Ability Tomes!

With the persistence of tomes, TR characters generally have the benefits of tomes while advancing through the milestone levels. For example, a TR character with a +2 int tome has that applied as their levelling and gets the additional skill point at level 7. So when planning out the character, I have the choice of either applying the ability tome early, and being conscious of ability requirements on feats, or applying them late, and missing out on skill points that my TR life has.

What I'm requesting is that I can put the +5s in at level 1, and the level 3 stats show min(1,iStrTome), level 7 show min(2,iStrTome)... level 19 show min(5,iStrTome) to mimic the Tomes gradual application in game.

Thanks.
    I'll probably take a look at this when we add in the Skill Tomes in the future.

Typo report: The Ability Tome screen still says 1 to 4 points, not 1 to 6 (assuming that +6s are actually in the game since Lamma-Mabar has them on Turbine's mind. Or at least +5's)
    This has been changed to 1-5 for the next version 4.19.02.
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Oh, that's a neat idea. Probably too much effort for the reward, but I really like the concept. Maybe name it "Past Life Tomes" or whatever, right after (and unlocked by) the Past Life step in level 1. It could just be the normal tome screen, where you just pick all the tomes expected to be eaten on the previous life and then they auto-apply as you level.

Community Member

An immediate caveat: I am not a bug-tester and have no experience as such.

What I've noticed through several attempts is that adding the Wisdom enhancement to my TR Cleric causes the program to crash as soon as I exit the enhancement screen. For purposes of recreating the failure:

Elf Female, 2 Rogue, 2 Paladin, 16 Cleric
    Past Lives (1 each): Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, Monk, Wizard, Sorceror, Bard, Favored Soul, Artificer, Druid
    +5 tomes for all stats (added +1 at 2, 6, 10, 14, and 18)
    All stats into Dex
    Skills: Concentration 3, Heal 23, Spellcraft 23, UMD 15

Enhancements:
    Elf Tree: All Core, All Aerenal Weapon Training, Aerenal Grace, Skill, Arcanum, Arcane Archer
    Arcane Archer Tree: Arcane Archer, Morphic Arrows, Metalline Arrows, Aligned Arrows, Conjure Arrows, Awareness III, Force Arrows III, Fear Arrows III, Paralyzing Arrows III, Dexterity II, Arrow of Slaying, Runebow
    Divine Disciple Tree: Divine Emissary of Light, Sacred Defense, Sun Bolt, Nimbus of Light III, Spellpower Light II, Spell Points III, Spellpower Fire I, Spellpower Light (2) II, Searing Light III

When I attempt to take Wisdom, the program crashes as soon as I exit the enhancement screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SanMerci View Post
    Thanks SM,

It's a difficult bug to reproduce, but you are right, it does seem to crash under those very specific circumstances. I'm trying to isolate the cause now.

[EDIT: I've gotten this to crash once, but I can't get it to do it consistently. I don't know if it's because I'm doing something different with the build or what. Can you send me a build that is built as far as you can take it without crashing? And then add step-by-step instructions on how to get it to crash from there? Or as much as you can. If I can reproduce it, I can fix it, but it's being problematic ]
    Last edited by Ron; 09-27-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Quote Originally Posted by SanMerci View Post

What I've noticed through several attempts is that adding the Wisdom enhancement to my TR Cleric causes the program to crash as soon as I exit the enhancement screen. For purposes of recreating the failure:

Elf Female, 2 Rogue, 2 Paladin, 16 Cleric
    Past Lives (1 each): Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, Monk, Wizard, Sorceror, Bard, Favored Soul, Artificer, Druid
    +5 tomes for all stats (added +1 at 2, 6, 10, 14, and 18)
    All stats into Dex
    Skills: Concentration 3, Heal 23, Spellcraft 23, UMD 15

Enhancements:
    Elf Tree: All Core, All Aerenal Weapon Training, Aerenal Grace, Skill, Arcanum, Arcane Archer
    Arcane Archer Tree: Arcane Archer, Morphic Arrows, Metalline Arrows, Aligned Arrows, Conjure Arrows, Awareness III, Force Arrows III, Fear Arrows III, Paralyzing Arrows III, Dexterity II, Arrow of Slaying, Runebow
    Divine Disciple Tree: Divine Emissary of Light, Sacred Defense, Sun Bolt, Nimbus of Light III, Spellpower Light II, Spell Points III, Spellpower Fire I, Spellpower Light (2) II, Searing Light III

When I attempt to take Wisdom, the program crashes as soon as I exit the enhancement screen.
    This has been fixed for version 4.19.02, thanks for the report. This big issue was all because of 1 word misspelled (MODVAULE1: instead of MODVALUE1) on the Wisdom Enhancement

Community Member

You guys are awesome! Here I was about to try and figure out how to actually copy the build for you, and you already figured out the problem... Nice work, guys!

Community Member

Default Monk forms feats missing

First and foremost, ty for creating and maintaining the DDO I've been using the most, by a far shot.

Idk if this has been reported before, but I'm creating a 6monk/12 fighter / 2 pally split template and I'm not getting offered the Master of Forms feat at level 12, despite having 6 lvls of monk. To be more precise, the Master of Forms feat isn't listed (as opposed to simply grayed out).

Quote Originally Posted by fredericko View Post
    First and foremost, ty for creating and maintaining the DDO I've been using the most, by a far shot.

Idk if this has been reported before, but I'm creating a 6monk/12 fighter / 2 pally split template and I'm not getting offered the Master of Forms feat at level 12, despite having 6 lvls of monk. To be more precise, the Master of Forms feat isn't listed (as opposed to simply grayed out).
    Yeah it's fixed for the next build I believe
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

The main OP doesn't say it, but the planner has been updated and supports lvl 28 and the new enhancement system.

Arcane Archer: Tier2: Dispelling Shot AP cost is 2 (in-game & wiki). Planner version 04.19.01 cost is 1 AP.
    I did not see an entry in the fixed list for this...
    "I like the taste of your body." -Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by StormHGE View Post
    Arcane Archer: Tier2: Dispelling Shot AP cost is 2 (in-game & wiki). Planner version 04.19.01 cost is 1 AP.
    I did not see an entry in the fixed list for this...
    Thanks for the report.

Fixed for next build
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Default Bad Math?

Getting an odd math issue both in display and the export function for skills. I am working on L4, Arti-2 Bard- Arti. Here is the snippet of the current export:

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 3)
    Balance               4                     4
    Bluff                -1                    -1
    Concentration         5                     9
    Diplomacy            -1                    -1
    Disable Device        8                    -2.14746e+009
    Haggle               -1                    -1
    Heal                 -1                    -1
    Hide                  4                     4
    Intimidate           -1                    -1
    Jump                 -1                    -1
    Listen               -1                    -1
    Move Silently         4                     4
    Open Lock             8                    2.0505e+009
    Perform              n/a                    5
    Repair                8                     8.5
    Search                8                     8.5
    Spellcraft            8                    10
    Spot                  3                     3
    Swim                 n/a                   n/a
    Tumble                6                    10
    Use Magic Device      3                     5

Notice the issue with Disable Device and Open Lock showing really low numbers. It is correct in the L1 and L2 display.
    Last edited by Greantun; 09-29-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687 LastLast