Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1727

Thank you very much for the great job on the planner, all of you! (still need to +rep one of you tomorrow!)

I have only started playing around with the planner, and most of the problems I have had have already be mentioned earlier in the thread. I will make a new reply when I get to explore the planner properly, if I have any new bugs (fingers crossed for "no").
    Bravery calls my name, in the sound of the wind in the night. My sword will drink blood. And I will fight, yes I will fight. In the Dawn of Battle!
    - Manowar, Dawn of Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Henshaw135 View Post
    Thank you very much for the great job on the planner, all of you! (still need to +rep one of you tomorrow!)

I have only started playing around with the planner, and most of the problems I have had have already be mentioned earlier in the thread. I will make a new reply when I get to explore the planner properly, if I have any new bugs (fingers crossed for "no").
    Thanks.

You can find a list of already reported bugs (and fixes) here
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

moar bugz^^:
    .) In the equipment section: Items cannot be equipped, if the item list is scrolled, enhancements are shown instead of items.
    .) Dwarf Fortress III is missing its description
    .) Dwarf Stand Like Stone II and III have the same description as I => should be: duration 12/15/20 and balance/prr +10/20/30
    .) Stalwart Shield Mastery: Max Tower Shield Dex Bonus on tier II and III is wrong: should be +1/2/3
    .) In the items section there are still the old outdated/no longer available augments
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    moar bugz^^:
    .) In the equipment section: Items cannot be equipped, if the item list is scrolled, enhancements are shown instead of items.
    .) Dwarf Stand Like Stone II and III have the same description as I => should be: duration 12/15/20 and balance/prr +10/20/30
    .) Stalwart Shield Mastery: Max Tower Shield Dex Bonus on tier II and III is wrong: should be +1/2/3
    .) In the items section there are still the old outdated/no longer available augments
    Thanks for the reports Added to master list
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Awesome job all of you!!!

Just a question though... do you have any kind of timefram when 04.19.02 might be released? Those bugfixes you have squeezed into that release are sooo appealing..

Best Regards!

/E aka Khierra
    Cannith - Characters: Khierra - Former The Dominator (U7) (TR 12Mnk/7rog/1ftr) now becoming 13 Rogue/6 Monk/ 1 Druid Staff Orc # Tisseltass - The Prodigy (10rgr/2rog/1mnk) # Smallpoxx (14 pure shintao monk, healing amp) # Azatooth (12ftr/5rog/1mnk) # Eleona (15fvs/2mnk) # Heliga Birgitta (7cleric/3monk, Healing Amp)

Quote Originally Posted by elyssaria View Post
    Awesome job all of you!!!

Just a question though... do you have any kind of timefram when 04.19.02 might be released? Those bugfixes you have squeezed into that release are sooo appealing..

Best Regards!

/E aka Khierra
    Probably next week

Default Bug Report

Cleric - Radiant Servant

- Mighty Turning (Tier 2) is supposed to have Improved Turning as a pre-req, yet, you can select it without having the pre-req.
    - The two ability score enhancements on tiers 3 and 4 should be Charisma/Wisdom, they are only Wisdom

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Cleric - Radiant Servant

- Mighty Turning (Tier 2) is supposed to have Improved Turning as a pre-req, yet, you can select it without having the pre-req.
    - The two ability score enhancements on tiers 3 and 4 should be Charisma/Wisdom, they are only Wisdom

Carry on.
    Thanks

Fixed for next build

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    moar bugz^^:
    Thanks for the report on these, all have been fixed except the first one so far
    This one however is not really a bug, as there are still people that have these augments and can use them.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    Probably next week
    That's great news One more thing... will destinies be included in that release?
    Cannith - Characters: Khierra - Former The Dominator (U7) (TR 12Mnk/7rog/1ftr) now becoming 13 Rogue/6 Monk/ 1 Druid Staff Orc # Tisseltass - The Prodigy (10rgr/2rog/1mnk) # Smallpoxx (14 pure shintao monk, healing amp) # Azatooth (12ftr/5rog/1mnk) # Eleona (15fvs/2mnk) # Heliga Birgitta (7cleric/3monk, Healing Amp)

Quote Originally Posted by elyssaria View Post
    That's great news One more thing... will destinies be included in that release?
    No. That's too fast a turnaround for us to get a whole new system in place. Destinies won't take nearly as long as Enhancements did (especially given the fact that we can use the Enhancement code as a template for the Destiny code). But it will take longer than a week. This will strictly be a bug fix release, plus the second printout (level guide) [Which I can do in a week, since it is pretty straightforward].
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member

elven arcane archer starts committing suicide in epic levels

I'll submit the character file later, but an elf sorcerer with mental toughness/improved mental toughness/epic mental toughness shows ~700 spell points total.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 22 Warlock) // Valissia (Drow 21 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFireGuy View Post
    elven arcane archer starts committing suicide in epic levels
    Going to need details on this.

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    I'll submit the character file later, but an elf sorcerer with mental toughness/improved mental toughness/epic mental toughness shows ~700 spell points total.
    This should be fixed, I just created a elf Sorcerer with those 3 feats at level 21 he had 1950 spell points. If this number isn't correct let me know.
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Going to need details on this.
    after selecting traits from the elven arcane archer in heroic levels, all progress is lost if you try to modify in epic levels (as if you hit reset tree). you can reselect the traits, but if you try to modify at a higher epic level, the same happens.

Love the datafile structure; any issues I run into are a breeze to fix locally in a few seconds. The only one I've hit so far:

- As crazy as it seems, Divine Might only costs 1 AP per rank in the warpriest tree. Pally version still costs 2/rank.

Also, due to using a non-standard DPI in my display (to make 1024x768 look like 800x600) everything is just slightly overstuffed. This isn't a problem at all, but what happens is the tree selector dropdown overlaps with the Reset All Trees button, which has no confirmation prompt.

So when I hit level 3 and took my first cleric level, I went to pick Warpriest as my second tree and just missed it, accidentally hitting reset all trees and bang, I had to redo all my enhancements. A non-issue with proper saving habits (which I'm now adopting) but just tossing it out there.

EDIT: Next issue is that Wall of Steel (tier 2 Warpriest) has 3 ranks, not 1.

EDIT 2: Ameliorating Strike (tier 4 Warpriest) listed as having 3 ranks but it only has 1. The display also says it heals 1d4 per level on crits, but in game it procs for 1d2 on every smite. Full description should be:

DESC1: When you strike an enemy with Smite Foe, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d2 per character level, and benefit from the effects of the Lesser Restoration spell. (The heal from Ameliorating Strike is affected by your Positive Spell Power.);

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Love the datafile structure; any issues I run into are a breeze to fix locally in a few seconds. The only one I've hit so far:

- As crazy as it seems, Divine Might only costs 1 AP per rank in the warpriest tree. Pally version still costs 2/rank.

EDIT: Next issue is that Wall of Steel (tier 2 Warpriest) has 3 ranks, not 1.

EDIT 2: Ameliorating Strike (tier 4 Warpriest) listed as having 3 ranks but it only has 1. The display also says it heals 1d4 per level on crits, but in game it procs for 1d2 on every smite. Full description should be:

DESC1: When you strike an enemy with Smite Foe, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d2 per character level, and benefit from the effects of the Lesser Restoration spell. (The heal from Ameliorating Strike is affected by your Positive Spell Power.);
    All fixed for next release

Also, due to using a non-standard DPI in my display (to make 1024x768 look like 800x600) everything is just slightly overstuffed. This isn't a problem at all, but what happens is the tree selector dropdown overlaps with the Reset All Trees button, which has no confirmation prompt.

So when I hit level 3 and took my first cleric level, I went to pick Warpriest as my second tree and just missed it, accidentally hitting reset all trees and bang, I had to redo all my enhancements. A non-issue with proper saving habits (which I'm now adopting) but just tossing it out there.
    This has been fixed for patch 4.19.2, whenever the dropdown is showing, the All Trees button will not reset the trees if you accidently click on it.

So much win. After having used the new version to put together a full build (that I hope to post to the forums tomorrow) I'm in full on love with the new planner.

Choosing enhancements is so much faster and cleaner than in previous versions as to boggle the mind. Even the datafile is cleaner for making manual corrections, which is a really nice touch. And I have mad respect for the amount of work that went into that datafile just in terms of sheer manpower. Well done!

The fact that the enhancements are output in the order selected is a huge improvement over the old version. This completely eliminates the manual re-ordering pass I always did before posting a build using the old version, so this makes me very happy. Much less work to select them, less work to post them; what will I do with all the time you've saved me? hehheh.

Simply outstanding work. Thanks and kudos.

----------------------------

There are some coding issues (as opposed to datafile issues) I've run into that may take some tinkering to fix, but I do so much manual manipulation before posting that it doesn't really faze me. But worth mentioning:

• The ability score raises for epic levels (24 & 28) don't appear in the output.
    • The destiny feats (26 & 28) don't appear in the output.
    • All epic levels show a seemingly random smattering of skill raises.
    • Enhancement output is Enhancement: Name instead of Enhancement: Name
    • For enhancement output you list tree (class) - Name (rank #), but I prefer tree tier: Name II. Specifically, getting the tier in there somewhere and shortening the rank info to roman numerals without parentheses. I don't see much utility specifying the class even given that cleric and fvs share a tree.

If you can't reproduce the first 3 points in the above list I can email you the saved file I have where it happens.

Regarding the enhancement formatting, I'm guessing much of that becomes moot if/when the template feature gets implemented. As you can probably imagine, I'm positively drooling over the cruel tease of the non-functional templates screen. hehheh.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    This has been fixed for patch 4.19.2, whenever the dropdown is showing, the All Trees button will not reset the trees if you accidently click on it.
    Nice!

So much win. After having used the new version to put together a full build (that I hope to post to the forums tomorrow) I'm in full on love with the new planner.

Choosing enhancements is so much faster and cleaner than in previous versions as to boggle the mind. Even the datafile is cleaner for making manual corrections, which is a really nice touch. And I have mad respect for the amount of work that went into that datafile just in terms of sheer manpower. Well done!

The fact that the enhancements are output in the order selected is a huge improvement over the old version. This completely eliminates the manual re-ordering pass I always did before posting a build using the old version, so this makes me very happy. Much less work to select them, less work to post them; what will I do with all the time you've saved me? hehheh.

Simply outstanding work. Thanks and kudos.
    Well, thanks. Glad you like it.

I should say we will be adding another version of the auto-distribute function for enhancements like we had in the old version, so that enhancement will automatically burrow down to the first level they can legally be taken at (this allows you to select all your enhancements at level 20+, which is easier, but still allows for the level guide to tell you at what level to take each enhancement as you level up). In fact, we are going to be making it somewhat more automatic than it was previously (in the prior version, you had to hit a button to auto-distribute, in the new version, it will happen when you hit the "Accept" button). That may end up screwing up your preferred ordering. However, we are going to add a checkbox on the enhancement screen to disable that function so that it continues to works like it does now.

• The ability score raises for epic levels (24 & 28) don't appear in the output.
    • The destiny feats (26 & 28) don't appear in the output.
    • All epic levels show a seemingly random smattering of skill raises.
    • Enhancement output is Enhancement: Name instead of Enhancement: Name
    Thanks for the report. Of the first three, I think they have already been fixed here (the skills issue for sure is gone, I'll double check on the other two). The last one I can change easily enough

For enhancement output you list tree (class) - Name (rank #), but I prefer tree tier: Name II. Specifically, getting the tier in there somewhere and shortening the rank info to roman numerals without parentheses. I don't see much utility specifying the class even given that cleric and fvs share a tree.
    I'll address this separately.

1) The class specification is part of the tree name. We had to do that because of trees like Warpriest and Arcane Archer which are shared between different classes (if we didn't have that the parser would get very confused). So we are not adding it in on purpose, it's just a part of the name. It wouldn't be easy to remove (possible, but it would take effort).
    2) Tier? Do you mean the horizontal level of the enhancement in the tree? Do you guys think that is useful information? I can add it if y'all want.
    3) Roman numerals: That won't work, I don't think. There are some enhancements (e.g. in the archmage tree, et al) that already use roman numerals in the enhancement name. So you'd end up with things like "Improved Damage Reduction II I", which is a mess. I'm open to suggestions for improving the look of the output, but it has to work for all of them
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384858687 LastLast