Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1727

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Here I will post what bugs I find:

* Orcish Fury core ability has wrong descriptions on the 2nd and 3rd tier

(to be continued)
    Fixed for next build
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    This is not incredibly significant but, combat archery was changed to simply provide +1[W] independent of point blank shot range. The in game description has been changed to state this and I tested it myself and showed that it is working as stated in game. The planner has the old description stating: "Your 'Point Blank Shot' bonus is increased by +1[W]."
    Fixed for next build
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Rogue mechanic wracking strike/shot has 3 ranks in game, planner has it at a max of 1 rank.
    Fixed for next build

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post

Ten thousand stars is showing up, but is not selectable as the level 6 monk bonus feat.

Fixed for next build
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Default Monk Form Feats

Hey Team awesome job on the new planner.

Incoming bug report:

1) selecting 1 level of monk auto grants adept of forms in planner ( suppose to auto grant to lvl 6 monk / selectable feat for chars with 1 level of monk and char level 6)
    2) unable to select Master of Forms & Grand Master of Forms for monk splashed characters. (Master of Forms requires Adept of Forms/Character level 12 with at least 1 monk splash.GM of Forms requires Adept and Master/Characters level 18 with at least 1 monk splash)

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pitong View Post
    purple dragon knight on 1st lvl has 3 feats in game, but only 2 in planner
    It's either fixed for the next build or I've just commanded the WOPR to play Thermonuclear War rather than Tic-Tac-Toe
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Okay gang, this is it. The new release is up.

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen.html

If you are seeing a release that starts with 03 instead of 04, please flush your browser caches and reload the page. I assure you, the new version is there.

I'm going to be adding a few things to this post, but I don't want to hold up anyone that wants to get the planner while I'm typing stuff. So I'll edit it in after I post this. Go get it gang....

===================================
    EDIT 1:

I tend to get a lot of credit for the Character Planner, but in reality the planner has been a team effort for about four years now. A LOT of work went into this latest release, and by no means or by any stretch of the imagination did I do it alone. I cannot stress enough that without the help of the team, this release would not now be happening. It may, in fact, not have happened at all, as the planner has grown beyond the ability of any single person. More work was poured into this version of the planner than has been put into it since it was first created. A lot of people chipped in, but there are three other people I want to mention in particular.

Dragonstar- Dragon has been with the planner for a long time (almost since it went "team"). For this release, Dragon took lead on design of the enhancement text files. He also designed and implemented the interface screen. He was instrumental in creating all the program classes that went into this update. He did a lot of work on the code (nearly all of the enhancement code is his creation, I helped out on a few subsystems, but he did the majority of the work there). He made graphics where we needed graphics. We are all incredibly lucky to have his help with this project.

Garix- While Dragon and I tried our best to help out with the data input, we were pretty swamped with trying to get things working in code. Thus, the burden of putting in almost 26,000 lines of text data covering 48 enhancement trees largely fell onto two other people. Garix was one of those people. I can't overstate how many hours went into this task, which involved painstakingly entering text line by line, making sure each line was correct (an incorrect line could just bork a character, or it could crash the program). Try going through the huge number of lines in the text files and making sure you didn't miss a semi-colon somewhere, or put a semi-colon where a colon was meant to go, or drop an extra "warforged" where you meant to put "drow". It's crazy hard what these two did, and they did it with enthusiasm.

blackdae- BD was our other data input person, along with Garix, and everything I said there applies to her as well. Hours upon hours of time put in on the data input stuff. In addition, she took charge of tracking our bugs as the interface was coming together, and put in hours of extensive testing to make sure everything was working right, checking it against the game, which is no trivial task in itself. I was continually amazed at her level of attention to detail.

What did I do? Well, I provided support for Dragon, helping out on the coding where I could. I did some of the systems in the enhancement screen (the tooltip system was my baby, heh). I spent a lot of time working with graphics (many many icons). I was desperately trying to finish up the new printout (a task that was only completed this morning, heh). I put in a few trees worth of data. But really, my efforts were dwarfed by these other three people.

Please, I beg you, shower them with reputation where you can. They deserve it!

===================================
    EDIT 2:

We're calling this version a Beta. So much code got changed, including two major systems, that bugs were bound to get through. Many many bugs I'm expecting a lot of bug reports. So please do be careful when you design your characters. Always take with a grain of salt what the planner tells you, and that goes especially true for this version. I'd hate to think I screwed up someone's build because of a bug in the planner. I hope that doesn't happen very often, though I'm sure it has happened.

If something doesn't seem right, or out-and-out doesn't work, let us know so we can take a look at it.

Me and the team are going to take a day or two to recharge. It's been a long two months for us. We will then dive back into the code and get things fixed (and implement what we didn't get in from Patch 2). My expectations are it will be about a week before the next version appears, unless we have to do an emergency patch or something.

Some of the icons are pretty rough (especially the feat icons). We will fix them over time. Sometimes we just needed to get something in there and move on. We will work on getting better graphics where they are needed.

Speaking of which, a lot of graphics changed. If you are one of those people that just overwrites the old version of the planner with the new one, I would suggest at the least erasing the Graphics folder before you update. Otherwise you will have a lot of unused graphics in there (which won't hurt anything per-se, but they don't really need to be there).

Other areas of the program that are pretty rough involve the printout. I overhauled it over the last several months, and in general am fairly happy with it. But the snapshot printout is still in very rough form right now. The "Defense" section doesn't print any data at them moment. The font used in the header of the printout needs to be changed. I still need to add a couple more sections for Destinies and Pets (neither of which are in the planner yet, so I wasn't going to worry about them too much, but they still need to have a space to live).

Also, there is no leveling guide printout yet. I will be working on that during this week in between fixing bugs, and will hopefully have it in for the next version. In the meantime, I think you guys can use the "snapshot" printout for helping you with leveling. Granted, you won't have a step-by-step guide, but it should be okay for temporary usage.

Unless I've forgotten something, I think that's all I had to say. Do send us bug reports. You can post in this thread, or over on my board. Or even just PM one of the team members if you want. There is also a Mantis Bug Reporting tool on my site if you prefer that method.

-Ron
    Just wanted to thank Ron and his team for the effort to update the Character Planner. It continues to be an incredibly valuable resource for DDO!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

first off thank you all again and again for your great work in making this happen most appreciated!

when swapping around trees (for me it was in a 3 class build) came across a bit of a snag... if you unset too many at the same time, you cannot unset more as the dropbox falls off the end of the window, and the window cannot be resized.
    this can be worked around though, so by no means a major issue. file it under "nice to have"

and thanks again!

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default pride

You are all great people full of passion and pride! Thanks for your dedication and drive! Maybe Dragon.star will start playing the game a little later now and I can keep him up past his bedtime for "just one more run".
    Last edited by Battlehawke; 09-24-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Community Member

Extremely awesome, thank you all for the work you've put into this!

First: Thanks for this great tool and all the work that went into it!

Some bugs I found (dunno if they were already mentioned):

.) Halfling Dexterity should cost 2 points not 1
    .) Deepwood Stalker Improved Weaponfinesse should require the feat Weaponfinesse
    .) The bonus ability point at level 28 can't be spent (the buttons don't react at all)
    .) Patch 19.2 changed deepwood stalker core enhancements (they all grant 10 positive spellpower now)
    .) Paatch 19.2 changed deepwood stalker increased and versatile empathy (they now only grant 4 positive spellpower per tier)
    .) Patch 19.2 exchanged the positions of core enhancements 4 and 5 of the warpriest tree
    .) Warpriest Ameliorating Strike and Divine Intervention should have only one tier
    .) In the Character Planner a Morninglord 1 Cleric/19 Favored Soul/1 Epic gets a green Class Feat, which can be filled with Favored by the Silver Flame or Favored by the Sovereign Host feats. This is basically the same bonus feat that was already granted at level 2 (and should not be granted again). If you filled the bonus feat at level 2, there is no feat you can fill in this slot anyways as the other choice is correctly greyed out. At level one this is also granted as a cleric bonus feat - dunno how this is ingamge - but in the planner you have 2 feat slots that cannot be filled with this build
    .) Another bug with the above build: The only possible spell choice for spell level one for the favored soul levels is cure light wounds - obviously the planner sees the spells from the cleric level and treats it as favored soul spell choices
    .) In the Character Planner Morninglords dont get epic feats or epic destiny feats to chose from ... only toughness can be filled in.
    .) At the race selection stage there are no different buttons (highlighted and not highlighted) for morninglord, pdk (both always unselected) and shadar-kai (always selected)
    .) In the data folder there is a file for destinies, yet in the planner I haven't found any way to use them.
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Alright all,

I've gathered all the bug reports up to this message and have them catalog on our Planner website. We have already fixed about 75% of these. Thank you for the help.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Alright all,

I've gathered all the bug reports up to this message and have them catalog on our Planner website. We have already fixed about 75% of these. Thank you for the help.
    You guys Rock! Thanks for all that you do.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJgrubb / Gijo

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    First: Thanks for this great tool and all the work that went into it!

Some bugs I found (dunno if they were already mentioned):

.) Halfling Dexterity should cost 2 points not 1
    .) Deepwood Stalker Improved Weaponfinesse should require the feat Weaponfinesse
    .) The bonus ability point at level 28 can't be spent (the buttons don't react at all)
    .) Patch 19.2 changed deepwood stalker core enhancements (they all grant 10 positive spellpower now)
    .) Paatch 19.2 changed deepwood stalker increased and versatile empathy (they now only grant 4 positive spellpower per tier)
    .) Patch 19.2 exchanged the positions of core enhancements 4 and 5 of the warpriest tree
    .) Warpriest Ameliorating Strike and Divine Intervention should have only one tier
    .) In the Character Planner a Morninglord 1 Cleric/19 Favored Soul/1 Epic gets a green Class Feat, which can be filled with Favored by the Silver Flame or Favored by the Sovereign Host feats. This is basically the same bonus feat that was already granted at level 2 (and should not be granted again). If you filled the bonus feat at level 2, there is no feat you can fill in this slot anyways as the other choice is correctly greyed out. At level one this is also granted as a cleric bonus feat - dunno how this is ingamge - but in the planner you have 2 feat slots that cannot be filled with this build
    .) Another bug with the above build: The only possible spell choice for spell level one for the favored soul levels is cure light wounds - obviously the planner sees the spells from the cleric level and treats it as favored soul spell choices
    .) In the Character Planner Morninglords dont get epic feats or epic destiny feats to chose from ... only toughness can be filled in.
    .) At the race selection stage there are no different buttons (highlighted and not highlighted) for morninglord, pdk (both always unselected) and shadar-kai (always selected)
    Some of these have been fixed already and will be in the next version 4.19.2, the rest will be worked on.
    .) In the data folder there is a file for destinies, yet in the planner I haven't found any way to use them.
    This is true, The Destiny system is not in yet. The files are the prep work that our data enters have started on. I'll start working on the Destiny system after this week of bug fixing. I'm not anticipating many major issues with adding the system as it is very similar code wise to enhancements. With that said, the wait shouldn't be as long as the Enhancement System was.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Some of these have been fixed already and will be in the next version 4.19.2, the rest will be worked on.

This is true, The Destiny system is not in yet. The files are the prep work that our data enters have started on. I'll start working on the Destiny system after this week of bug fixing. I'm not anticipating many major issues with adding the system as it is very similar code wise to enhancements. With that said, the wait shouldn't be as long as the Enhancement System was.
    If you could arrange a way to share ED information with the creator of the ED web site (http://ddodestiny.info/), that would be great and could save some time... I think.
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aganthor View Post
    If you could arrange a way to share ED information with the creator of the ED web site (http://ddodestiny.info/), that would be great and could save some time... I think.
    I've thrown out a couple of offers to let them (and anyone) know that the ED data is available for use, but my data format (JSON) is going to be VERY different than their data format, so unless they write a quick parser to transform the data, it's going to be pretty limited in how much time that will actually save.

For what it's worth, if any of the character planner team wants to provide me with the data structure they are using I'd be happy to write a parser and provide that format for them.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

On behalf of the 40+ real living breathing folks in Blackmoor Defenders... I just want to say thanks to Ron and his team for their continued support and development of this tool.

+1Billion! !!

T.

Thank you so much for all the work you put in on this!
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Sole member of Guinness Knights (Level 105)

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Default Awesome!!!

Thanks for all the hard work everyone!! All of my chars would sux without these planners, Wait! my chars sux anyways.

GREAT JOB!!!
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

Default Thank you!

You all continue to do excellent work that is invaluable to DDO geeks everywhere.

Thanks!
    DD
    Fellowship of the Bling Ghallanda
    Shado; DareDelvis; Ottis; Hary Darkness; Tortelvis; Mournfist; Maimonides; DareDelviss; Aeteentee; DareSoulvis; Rambam; Jawill; Snakecobra

Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast