Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1727

please please i need it

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    This is true.

Perhaps it should be done such that you can only apply tomes at the proper level at earliest, with the additional lvl 1 page for TRs that list off tome values eaten in the past life?
    That is also my suggestion.

Never thought about applying the tomes one level early, so that the planner takes them into account, duh

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Default Calling any Druid...

Can anyone check in the Season's Herald tree as to whether you need any of the Efficient Metamagic's enhancement before you can take Efficient Heighten?

Thanks in advance
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

You can get Efficient Metamagic Heighten without taking any other Efficient Metamagic in this tree.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by gDra View Post
    You can get Efficient Metamagic Heighten without taking any other Efficient Metamagic in this tree.
    Excellent. Many thanks
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Just to let you guys know.

The enhancement UI is done. All trees have been entered into the text file. Enhancement choices have been saved to the save file. The biggest part of this update is now complete.

We are in the process of 1) hooking enhancements into the rest of the planner (so when you take an enhancement that gives you +10 HP, this actually happens in the planner) 2) Loading enhancements back out of the save file 3) debugging the trees (lots and lots of doing this, mostly being done by Garix and BlackDae, now that they're no longer inputting tree data) 4) Adding and making sure the enhancement icons are correct (I still have to go through about half the trees) 5) Showing selected enhancements on the main screen (Dragonstar is working on that right now) 6) adding enhancements to the printout (my job) 7) Epic feats (about done) 8) Finishing up the tooltip display for enhancements 9) Probably several other things I'm forgetting right now.

Still seems like a big list, but actually all that is the supplementary stuff. The really big thing that we've been working on for weeks now was the new enhancement system UI, and it's working really well. I think we've gotten the major bugs out, and what bugs are left are more related to data input rather than programming bugs.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thumbs up Kudos, agiain and again

Ron -

As always, thank you. I still believe you should be compensated by Turbine for your work. They have ridden your project to avoid making a game feature like this which should have been included from Day 1. It is my sincerest hope that you and your crew of assistants, all reap a more material benefit than a simple shout out from us players from the planner.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing the "enhanced" planner in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

The enhancement UI is done. All trees have been entered into the text file. Enhancement choices have been saved to the save file. The biggest part of this update is now complete.

We are in the process of 1) hooking enhancements into the rest of the planner (so when you take an enhancement that gives you +10 HP, this actually happens in the planner) 2) Loading enhancements back out of the save file 3) debugging the trees (lots and lots of doing this, mostly being done by Garix and BlackDae, now that they're no longer inputting tree data) 4) Adding and making sure the enhancement icons are correct (I still have to go through about half the trees) 5) Showing selected enhancements on the main screen (Dragonstar is working on that right now) 6) adding enhancements to the printout (my job) 7) Epic feats (about done) 8) Finishing up the tooltip display for enhancements 9) Probably several other things I'm forgetting right now.

Still seems like a big list, but actually all that is the supplementary stuff. The really big thing that we've been working on for weeks now was the new enhancement system UI, and it's working really well. I think we've gotten the major bugs out, and what bugs are left are more related to data input rather than programming bugs.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Thumbs up

When the Planner 4.0 comes out, how will you prefer bugs to be reported? Email?

Also, it seems that considering Enhancements are out not 1 month ago, your work has been quite fast!

Keep it up,

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Great news and thanks for the update. Can't wait to try it out
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Just a head's up that 19.2 brings a non-trivial amount of enhancement changes, the biggest being a whole new tree (Warpriest) replacing the old Protection. Also, I hear that ranger devotion is being moved off of tier 1, so that sucks. Off to the lama forums or even lammania itself to try and find out what happened to ranger devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    When the Planner 4.0 comes out, how will you prefer bugs to be reported? Email?
    Whatever works best. Here is good. Also on my forums, or my bugtracker on my site is good. PMing me on either site works pretty well. Email is not the best option (my emails tend to get buried pretty fast) but whatever you are comfortable with. I'm sure we are going to get a mass number of bugs reports, we'll do our best to keep them straight.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Just a head's up that 19.2 brings a non-trivial amount of enhancement changes, the biggest being a whole new tree (Warpriest) replacing the old Protection. Also, I hear that ranger devotion is being moved off of tier 1, so that sucks. Off to the lama forums or even lammania itself to try and find out what happened to ranger devotion.
    Yeah, I saw this. We're sticking with live build right now, but I'm aware of the changes coming. I pretty much expected this would happen. You can't change a major system in a MMOG and not have to go back and tweak it out a few times, hehe.

Semi-Final Tally

Enhancement Text File: 25,912 lines of new text.
    Eight new code classes (16 new files) - ~6800 lines of new code (plus an innumerable number of changes to existing code)
    Number of commits to the code Repo since we started the U19 update: 511
    Number of commits to the code Repo prior to the U19 update: 766 (spanning ~4 years since the planner was turned into a team effort)
    Number of new graphic Icons: ~1050 (this will go up as we don't quite have them finished yet)

Things may change a little bit, as we still have some to do, but probably not too much at this point. Mostly we are debugging now.

I tell you this just so you understand how funny I now find it that I ever thought there was any chance in hell we were going to be ready with an update around the time U19 went live
    Last edited by Ron; 09-14-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member

Whatever works best. Here is good. Also on my forums, or my bugtracker on my site is good. PMing me on either site works pretty well. Email is not the best option (my emails tend to get buried pretty fast) but whatever you are comfortable with. I'm sure we are going to get a mass number of bugs reports, we'll do our best to keep them straight.

Yeah, I saw this. We're sticking with live build right now, but I'm aware of the changes coming. I pretty much expected this would happen. You can't change a major system in a MMOG and not have to go back and tweak it out a few times, hehe.

Semi-Final Tally

Enhancement Text File: 25,912 lines of new text.
    Eight new code classes (16 new files) - ~6800 lines of new code (plus an innumerable number of changes to existing code)
    Number of commits to the code Repo since we started the U19 update: 511
    Number of commits to the code Repo prior to the U19 update: 766 (spanning ~4 years since the planner was turned into a team effort)
    Number of new graphic Icons: ~1050 (this will go up as we don't quite have them finished yet)

Things may change a little bit, as we still have some to do, but probably not too much at this point. Mostly we are debugging now.

I tell you this just so you understand how funny I now find it that I ever thought there was any chance in hell we were going to be ready with an update around the time U19 went live
    You guys rock. It is so awesome that you put this much effort into producing the new planner.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Ron, I was looking at your signature and...

...how about a preview screenshot of the new UI?

Carry on.

Carry on.
    I'll see what I can do

Community Member

Ron,

I gave you some positive rep for this, but I wanted to take the time to put a "Thank You" to you and the people helping you for this excellent tool. So, thank you very much for such an invaluable aid.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Carry on.
    That would be really nice !!!
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Let's see how well I can get this to work...

These are just some shots of a Half-Orc Barbarian I put together. I pretty much just randomly picked enhancements, there is no real rhyme or reason for them.

A shot with a tooltip. I just noticed the screenshot is removing the cursor, so just imagine the cursor is over the icon just to the tooltip's left and up:

Another one, showing an enhancement with a missing prereq.

And finally, here is one with a multi-selector box active, along with a tooltip for it.

Last edited by Ron; 09-17-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Community Member

Thank you for the update, sir.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Ron,

Not sure if this got asked, but my wife just asked me. Will we be able to import previous version files into this new one or do we need to start from scratch?

I didn't see this answered on post #1 nor the last two pages of this thread, so I may have missed it.

Let's see how well I can get this to work...
    <screenshots snip>
    Awesome, you used the same UI as the game, and the tool tips look good and clear, nice!!

Great job, can't wait to test it.

Carry on.

Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast