Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1727
    2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Uh, we added that functionality long ago. And yes, it was a major PITA. The window is resizable, and all the controls ought to scale automatically. I don't remember (in all honestly, and I'm too lazy to fire up the program right now) if we did all the sub-windows as well, but I know for sure the main window can be resized to whatever you want.
    Doh! I did try and it would not do it for some reason... weird but hey ho it's fine now probably a case of PICNIC I think

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Doh! I did try and it would not do it for some reason... weird but hey ho it's fine now probably a case of PICNIC I think

Stoner81.
    The UI does scale but for some reason the maximize button is not active.

If you can scale it however it have some minor problems as follow: For example "Skill" headers and the below columns are not aligned. In the "level" blue buttons, the text doesn't scale but the background graphic does. Same for feat selection boxes they scale but not the feats icons you put inside...

In a more general way the UI could get some love, I really hate the scroll bars everywhere... You could use instead "list view" like in explorer that expand both down and right if enough space and show more data at once. You can even show icons only, and show text as tooltips, people should know most of those icons already. Also a filter/search box would be great like in bags in DDO...The idea behind all this is to minimize scrolling of huge list of items...

Also put everything in one page to show only partial data hidden by scroll bars is not very efficient.
    I would rather use tabbed view to get more space and show only ALL of one type of data like spells, feats, skills, enhancement, etc...Again icon or text only is fine. Expand both right and down if space allows, etc..

Anyway this is just ideas to improve the UI, this is already a great program, thanks a lot for this awesome work. I know your priorities are in epic destinies, etc... keep it up

I do have screen capture to explain more if my english is not clear however I cannot attach it in this forum so PM me if you want it.
    Last edited by cde2006; 08-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Thumbs up

For those of you wondering about the planner and the upcoming enhancement overhaul, here is the latest news.

We are working on it. Dragonstar and I have been skeletoning together the new system. We are essentially going to be duplicating the enhancement screen in the game...
    Thumbs up for the effort of you too!!! Nice to hear that you are working on version 4
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Short term, we are also planning on doing the destinies. I believe the plan is to get started on those right after we finish the enhancement update release.
    if it is helpful, I've got all of the destinies in JSON that you are more than welcome to utilize.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Quote Originally Posted by cde2006 View Post
    The UI does scale but for some reason the maximize button is not active.
    Yeah, maximize would be a nice feature.

I cannot even imagine how hard it must be to completely revamp the planner for both EDs and the Enhancement Pass at the same time. Not to mention all the other stuff that's coming in the near future.

Huge thanks to you guys for the time and effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Yeah, I know about it, thanks. It's one of the resources we've been using
    It is a bit out of date though...Deadlock was in the process of updating it last I heard though not sure if lama being down halted that or not
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

For those of you wondering about the planner and the upcoming enhancement overhaul, here is the latest news.

We are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Yeah, maximize would be a nice feature.
    Yeah, but it costs an extra 25 SP to use
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Yeah, but it costs an extra 25 SP to use

Also Lammania is back up if you need more info from it

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We've just brought Lamannia up with the final update before the release of the Expansion!

For this final weekend, come on by for a few Dev events at the following times:

All times are Eastern (GMT-4)

Friday, August 16th
    7pm to 8pm
    10pm to 11pm

Saturday, August 17th
    10am to 11am
    12pm to 1pm

Also, release notes and known issues will be posted shortly
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-15-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Thumbs up

Just wanted to drop in to give a BIG THANKS!! You guys are awesome...I wouldn't know what to do without the planner.

I was so scared the enhancement pass would kill the planner, that I rushed to Lamma land on weekends to plan and experiment on the post-expansion updates/TR for all of my toons. I can finally relax now that I know we will still have the planner. Keep up the great work.

Hugs & thank you again

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I just can't express with words my thanks to you guys. The planner is great but I, also, thought you guys would give up on it after the next changes. I'm glad I was wrong and you're among the most dedicated players of DDO.

You guys have all my thanks and respect. Thank you very much and keep up the great work.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for the hard work! This makes life alot easier for everyone that plays the game!

thank you all for all the hard work on the character planner. I have used it since It came out years ago and can't imangine making a character without first planning it out in the planner.

I can't wait for the newest version with the changes to the enhancements in it.

thanks again.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

If you are not following along with our ToDo list, just thought I'd let you guys know, things are coming along. We're still probably a good week away from being done, maybe more, but it's starting to shape up.

Dragonstar has designed and is implementing an awesome interface for the enhancements. I think you guys are going to like it.

Garix has been feverishly inputting tree data (a very very tedious process, we're up to nearly 9000 lines of text, and only about a third through the trees at this point). He's done most of the trees we have so far (Dragon and I have helped, but he's done the majority of that work).

I've been working on graphics for the most part, and when I get time, I work on the code and/or data input.

We've been going at it night and day for the last couple of weeks. I think all of us will be glad when the trees are all in and things are working.

Speaking of that, I'll say it first here, and probably repeat it a time or two once we release. A LOT of stuff has been done to the planner. We overhauled two major systems (printing and enhancements). Plus added four new races and three new levels, and a lot of this stuff impacted areas all over the code. There is no question in my mind the new version will have bugs. Lots and lots of bugs Every time I look at the enhancement text I find stuff that has been input wrong. That's no one's fault, it's totally impossible to input that much text and be 100% accurate, mistakes are going to creep in. Some of them minor, some of them major (some might even crash the program). It'll take us a version or two to iron all this new stuff out, so please try to be patient with us. And take everything you see in the planner with a grain of salt, at least for a while.

I think we will release a version sans Epic Destinies first. I don't want to hold up the planner to implement another UI system when everyone needs the enhancements. We have input most of the data for the ED trees, but don't yet have any code written for them (and in fact I'm not sure where we are going to put the interface for that).

I PROBABLY won't do much more with the printout system, other than to add a section for the new enhancements. It's not done yet, but again, it's not something worth holding up the planner for. There isn't a level-by-level printout yet, just the snapshot. But that ought to be enough for at least a temporary basis. I will get the rest of the system done as fast as I can.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member

Good job, thanks for this resource.

Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Default A big thank you

Ron, Thank you for all the time and effort you and your team have put in to this project over the years. And thank you for all the great Monday night runs we have had.
    So many squishies, so little time..... Sarlona.Teams:Verlan Hellfire WF Ftr 20/ True Res into 1/2elf Monk 2

Great Thanks to you and your team, Ron. The hours of time I've spent learning to use and developing builds with your planner have saved me even more hours of time having to plan things out manually.

In short, Good Sir, you guys rock!
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

there should be an announcement in the news feed when this completes... i found the previous version incredibly useful 'til now.

Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast