Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1727

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Legendary Founder Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,808

    Default Character Planner - Series 4.xx

    Alright, new thread for the new major version number.

    I just posted the new character planner, Version 3.05. This one goes up through Level 20 and includes Favored Soul. Go ahead and pick it up, the link is in my sig.

    The changelog for this one is kind of general, and doesn't really do justice to the extent of the changes made. But that's alright, hopefully most of them you won't really even notice (lots and lots of bug fixes in this one).

    Version 3.05
    ============
    1) Level cap raised to 20.

    2) Favored Souls!

    3) Equipment has now returned to the planner.

    4) Added a new sorting option for known enhancements. You can now either sort them by parent heading and name, or by level taken.

    5) Added a "Collapse All" and "Expand All" button to the selectable enhancement lists.

    6) Many fixes to the text files, especially in enhancements.

    Caviats:
    1) Equipment is still a work in progress. I had originally turned it off for a good reason, in that it was causing instability. Now DragonStar has made a fair number of changes and additions, and hopefully we got some of them out, but I harbor no illusions that every piece of equipment is working right, and in fact, may very well cause program crashes. PLEASE save your characters before starting to mess with equipment until we can get the problem items locked down and workikng.

    2) When you select the Enhancements instruction, especially for Fighters, the program will not respond for a second. I'm looking into the cause for this now, but in the meantime, just be patient. It should only take a second or two for it to come back up.

    As always, if you find bugs or discrepancies between the planner and DDO, please let me know.
    Last edited by Ron; 09-23-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

    DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

  2. #2
    Community Member moorewr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    <--here
    Posts
    5,748

    Default

    FIRST! woo hoo!

    what do I win?
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

  3. #3
    Community Member Mhykke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    Thanks so much for this Ron. One of the best tools out there for DDO. Everyone should be giving you rep for this.....
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

  4. #4
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    that screenshot of the planner needs updating too

    EDIT: just tried it out, it's a bit sluggish =\
    Last edited by Jay203; 08-03-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  5. #5
    Community Member Aeneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    For like the 20th time, thanks Ron
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths

  6. #6

    Default

    Thank you.
    But, I find that the enhancements are way to computer demanding and lags even on a intel Q6400.
    The PREs on fighter for example are way too many, you could try to remove all the weapons and just add "+x dmg to specific weapon" or something. That would lower the list by over 20 lines.

    The feats are a bit laggier as well, compared to the older versions I mean.
    Keep up the good work!
    Active
    EU player since release, US player since the summer of 2009.

  7. #7
    Community Member oberon131313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    that screenshot of the planner needs updating too

    EDIT: just tried it out, it's a bit sluggish =\
    it loads faster for me overall, but enhancements seem to lag a bit more (not suprising, it's a lot bigger now)
    Thank you much for this Ron
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

  8. #8
    Community Member Giselle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Thanks for all your hard work!
    Ghallanda- Giselle 20 Cleric; Feylan 20 Wizard; Alissin 20 Bard; Sumeko 20 Cleric; Sabelle 20 Sorcerer; Deyaanira 8 Barb TR; Birrgitte 20 Ranger; Arangar 20 Rogue; Lynden 18 Fighter/2 Rogue; Pyrogasmic 19 Sorcerer; Cyy 2 Fighter 18 Ranger; Fyonah 2 Rogue 10 Bard 2 Fighter; and more that I'm entirely too lazy to list...

  9. #9
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    it loads faster for me overall, but enhancements seem to lag a bit more (not suprising, it's a lot bigger now)
    Thank you much for this Ron
    starting up is fast for me as well, just gets laggier as you lvl up that's all


    btw, Ron, might wanna check the Weapon Focus/Specialization feats
    i was able to pick up the weapon specialization with only 1 lvl of fighter when it requires at leave 4 lvls of fighter
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  10. #10
    Community Member dopey69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,164

    Default agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    Thanks so much for this Ron. One of the best tools out there for DDO. Everyone should be giving you rep for this.....
    /signed ....except i must spread around grrrrr.

  11. #11
    Community Member mrtreats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lowell Mass
    Posts
    842

    Default

    also the selectable feets are not takeable till lvl 3 in the live game
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

  12. #12
    Legendary Founder Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,808

    Default Version 3.12 BETA now available

    Okay everyone. I just uploaded the newest version of the Character Planner. This is version 3.12 BETA.

    You might notice the BETA on the end of that version number. This is because we completely overhauled the planner's feat code. I reused some of the code, but the majority of it is completely new (and what bits I did leave got completely combed through and reorganized as well, so even the old parts are new!). I'm much more pleased with the way the feat system is laid out now in terms of the code, and going into the future it should be much easier to upgrade and maintain.

    Hopefully you cannot tell the difference from the old version (much). However, when that much code changes there's a good chance some new and exciting bugs snuck in there, so we decided to make this a BETA version to emphasize the fact that there might be a few initial difficulties. If you see anything you don't think is working right, please don't hesitate to let one of us know (and by 'us' I mean either me, Dragonstar, or Hordo).

    [Note that in the near future I intend to give the same treatment to the enhancement system (and subsequently spells after that), but that's not quite as pressing. The feat code is MUCH more complex, and it was more prone to breaking every time I changed something, so that was more needed than enhancements are at the moment].

    This version of the planner features a fully useable True Reincarnation system. At level 1, there is a brand new instruction which says, appropriately enough 'True Reincarnation'. If you click on this, you can set the number of past lives your character has for any class (up to 3 per class). This will also adjust the number of build ability points you have to spend. Setting these will automatically grant you the proper tier 1 Past Life feats (which then sets you up for the prereqs for the selectable tier 2 feats).

    One thing I have to mention, the system that displays the feat's prereqs in the description box is not yet complete. Right now, all it will show is minimum race and/or class levels to take each feat, but not any other sort of prereq (like other feats, enhancements, minimum abilities, and so on). I know this is a PITA, and I'll get that working as soon as I can. Hopefully by the next version, it'll be fully functional. For now, make sure to make use of the Wiki or the Compendium if you don't understand why a feat is greyed out in the selection list.

    Another thing. We are transitioning from the old equipment system into a new one. There is a preview of the new system you can access with this version (using the Item Builder button). I think you guys will be suitably impressed. This system is under the watchful eye of Dragon, and it's turning out pretty cool. However, it's not complete yet, and as we are getting rid of the old version, neither one works right now. So equipment is down again, but when it comes back up, it will be in a much better form than the prior verson.

    I think that's everything I wanted to mention. I hope I got all the reported bugs since the last release (sometimes I get behind with the reports and it's a bit tricky to make sure we've got them all). If I missed any, I apologize, and please do be sure to re-report it.

    As always, the link to the planner page is in my signature.

    Ron
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

    DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default New to planner

    Is there a way to upload the character you're currently playing into the planner ? I am a L4 hand rolled rogue and can't recreate my original stats from memory (i'm old i know)... please help

  14. #14
    Community Member Kazorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Alright, new thread for the new major version number.

    I just posted the new character planner, Version 3.05. This one goes up through Level 20 and includes Favored Soul. Go ahead and pick it up, the link is in my sig.

    The changelog for this one is kind of general, and doesn't really do justice to the extent of the changes made. But that's alright, hopefully most of them you won't really even notice (lots and lots of bug fixes in this one).

    Version 3.05
    ============
    1) Level cap raised to 20.

    2) Favored Souls!

    3) Equipment has now returned to the planner.

    4) Added a new sorting option for known enhancements. You can now either sort them by parent heading and name, or by level taken.

    5) Added a "Collapse All" and "Expand All" button to the selectable enhancement lists.

    6) Many fixes to the text files, especially in enhancements.

    Caviats:
    1) Equipment is still a work in progress. I had originally turned it off for a good reason, in that it was causing instability. Now DragonStar has made a fair number of changes and additions, and hopefully we got some of them out, but I harbor no illusions that every piece of equipment is working right, and in fact, may very well cause program crashes. PLEASE save your characters before starting to mess with equipment until we can get the problem items locked down and workikng.

    2) When you select the Enhancements instruction, especially for Fighters, the program will not respond for a second. I'm looking into the cause for this now, but in the meantime, just be patient. It should only take a second or two for it to come back up.

    As always, if you find bugs or discrepancies between the planner and DDO, please let me know.
    tks a lot

  15. #15
    Community Member ChadMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In my room under the covers because the clowns are here to eat me
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Alright, new thread for the new major version number.

    I just posted the new character planner, Version 3.05. This one goes up through Level 20 and includes Favored Soul. Go ahead and pick it up, the link is in my sig.

    The changelog for this one is kind of general, and doesn't really do justice to the extent of the changes made. But that's alright, hopefully most of them you won't really even notice (lots and lots of bug fixes in this one).

    Version 3.05
    ============
    1) Level cap raised to 20.

    2) Favored Souls!

    3) Equipment has now returned to the planner.

    4) Added a new sorting option for known enhancements. You can now either sort them by parent heading and name, or by level taken.

    5) Added a "Collapse All" and "Expand All" button to the selectable enhancement lists.

    6) Many fixes to the text files, especially in enhancements.

    Caviats:
    1) Equipment is still a work in progress. I had originally turned it off for a good reason, in that it was causing instability. Now DragonStar has made a fair number of changes and additions, and hopefully we got some of them out, but I harbor no illusions that every piece of equipment is working right, and in fact, may very well cause program crashes. PLEASE save your characters before starting to mess with equipment until we can get the problem items locked down and workikng.

    2) When you select the Enhancements instruction, especially for Fighters, the program will not respond for a second. I'm looking into the cause for this now, but in the meantime, just be patient. It should only take a second or two for it to come back up.

    As always, if you find bugs or discrepancies between the planner and DDO, please let me know.
    awsome thanks dude all rdy have made aobut 6 builds on that thing in about 1 hour

  16. #16
    Community Member oberon131313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    the enhancement file for Paladin's Hunter of the dead Enhancement has a typo, requiring "Enhancement: Paladin: Improved Turnign I" which should of course be "Enhancement: Paladin: Improved Turning I". Also, I was not able to take stalwart defender any higher than tier I because it required "Fighter Stalwart Defender" but the enhancement heading was "Stalwart Defender." Let me know if you want me to send a fixed enhancement .txt file to you to save you some time.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

  17. #17
    Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fernia / Mornlands
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    the enhancement file for Paladin's Hunter of the dead Enhancement has a typo, requiring "Enhancement: Paladin: Improved Turnign I" which should of course be "Enhancement: Paladin: Improved Turning I". Also, I was not able to take stalwart defender any higher than tier I because it required "Fighter Stalwart Defender" but the enhancement heading was "Stalwart Defender." Let me know if you want me to send a fixed enhancement .txt file to you to save you some time.

    Fixed and will be out with the next update, thanks for bringing to our attention.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

  18. #18
    Community Member oberon131313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Fixed and will be out with the next update, thanks for bringing to our attention.
    sweet, will keep playing around with it
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

  19. #19
    Founder Nyvn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,819

    Default

    Ron, you rock!

  20. #20
    Founder Korskarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On my planet
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Found a bug, i can't select Paladin : knight of the chalice II and i have all the prereqs :


    http://img338.imageshack.us/i/kotcproblem.jpg/

    Seems that it doesn't register the first rank in Knight of the Chalice

    Ok found the error from the EnhancementFile : typo error on the prereq, you wrote Enhancement: Paladin Knight fo the Chalice I instead of Enhancement: Paladin Knight of the Chalice I;

    Hope it helps

    regards
    Last edited by Korskarn; 08-04-2009 at 12:19 AM.

    Playing on Aerenal, Sarlona now and member of the 13th Circle
    Quild - Blodwyn - Jhaelryna - Wismerhill - Elvanshalee - Magefeu - Feldellin - Danylo - Djimon - Yifei

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload