Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1727

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Hard to say. I feel like we are getting close. But there are still a fair number of bugs lurking about, some of which crash the program. Plus we still have 7 or 8 more trees to get put in.

And of course we have a few miscellaneous things left to do that aren't related to the enhancement system. There is a new bit in the feats that has to be dealt with. There are changes to the save files. I have to finish up the printout (at least enough so that it is workable).

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Soon.
    When I first saw the question asked last night I figured 2 weeks from now just based on being a programmer and having a feel for how these things go. (ie: Based on absolutely nothing.) After reading this, I'm going to up my meaningless guesstimate to 3 weeks.

Regardless how long it takes, great work and much appreciated. You guys rock.

The sentiment is appreciated. But I don't accept tips for the planner. I've never felt right about taking money for a program which is based off someone else's work (Turbine). Give them the money. They did all the hard stuff, we're just copying what they created

When I have my own original game up and running, you can be sure I'll be accepting tips for that
    So… what you’re saying is… send me Turbine point codes!

<Turns to other forum posters>

OK, let’s make this happen guys!
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    When I first saw the question asked last night I figured 2 weeks from now just based on being a programmer and having a feel for how these things go. (ie: Based on absolutely nothing.) After reading this, I'm going to up my meaningless guesstimate to 3 weeks.

Regardless how long it takes, great work and much appreciated. You guys rock.
    Well thanks,

I should say, I vastly underestimated the amount of work that was going to be involved in putting this together. I mean, I knew it was going to be a lot of work, but I had no idea, heh. There was no way we were ever going to be ready when DDO launched, no matter how far in advance I was able to get on Lama or how long they kept it open. Being "ready by launch" was a total pipe dream

I really have to give a shout out to the team. Without them, we'd still be two months from done. Trying to do this on my own would have been next to impossible, heh.

I'd like to think we are closer than 3 weeks away. Probably more than a week though. But you never know what might crop up and gum up the works. It may be 3 weeks. I hope it's sooner than that.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Is there an explanation on the new "religious" feats you guys could point me at? I'm not really groking them from the release notes. Are they exactly the same feats as the FvS feats?
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Is there an explanation on the new "religious" feats you guys could point me at? I'm not really groking them from the release notes. Are they exactly the same feats as the FvS feats?
    Here's my best understanding:

At level 1 paladin or cleric, you get a free class bonus feat where you get your choice of:
    - Follower of the Silver Flame
    - Follower of the Sovereign Host

These feats do the same thing as the enhancements of the same name used to. eg: +2 to hit with longswords.

At level 6 paladin or cleric, you get a free class bonus feat where you get your choice of:
    - Undying Call
    - Unyielding Sovereignty

Again, they do the same as the old enhancements.

The first bonus feat must be one of the two choices, and then the second one is no choice at all since you've locked in a path. You still have to manually select it as your bonus feat, though.

Cool, thanks. I'm going to code this into the planner tomorrow.

We're slowly running out of things to code. Getting close now gang.

Cool, thanks. I'm going to code this into the planner tomorrow.

We're slowly running out of things to code. Getting close now gang.
    Almost there… Just a little longer!
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Here's my best understanding:

At level 1 paladin or cleric, you get a free class bonus feat where you get your choice of:
    - Follower of the Silver Flame
    - Follower of the Sovereign Host

These feats do the same thing as the enhancements of the same name used to. eg: +2 to hit with longswords.

At level 6 paladin or cleric, you get a free class bonus feat where you get your choice of:
    - Undying Call
    - Unyielding Sovereignty

Again, they do the same as the old enhancements.

The first bonus feat must be one of the two choices, and then the second one is no choice at all since you've locked in a path. You still have to manually select it as your bonus feat, though.
    Not to be nitpicky, but... are you given more options than those two if you choose certain races?

In that case, do elves, for example, have the option of choosing Follower of the Undying Court at level 1 and Undying Call at 6? And what happened to Silver Flame Exorcism? And Warforged/Bladeforged get Follower of the Lord of Blades and Bladesworn Transformation, I'm fairly certain. Do Drow get Follower of Vulkoor and Vulkoor's Avatar?

Darn it, now I have to go and test...

EDIT: Haven't checked later levels, but at first level...
    Elves and Drow have the option to take Follower of the Undying Court
    Warforged/Bladeforged may take Follower of the Lord of Blades
    Drow can, in addition to the other three, choose Follower of Vulkoor
    Last edited by SanMerci; 09-09-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Further testing revealed...

Okay, thanks guys.

So they work exactly like FvS divine feats, except instead of getting "Child of *" at level 3, they get them at level 6 instead. Got it. I've put these in. Now to work on those Epic Feats....

Community Member

Okay, thanks guys.

So they work exactly like FvS divine feats, except instead of getting "Child of *" at level 3, they get them at level 6 instead. Got it. I've put these in. Now to work on those Epic Feats....
    yes' they'rethe same as the fvs ones. but the fvs feats have been changed to proficiency and +1 to attack at lv 1, +1 to atk/dmg at lvs 3 and 6

and i don't know past that

Default Bug fix

Heya!

First of all, I love the work, and I appreciate the enormous effort.

Just a fix request: can you fix the Tome Increases, to be applied before taking the level, and not after? This is the correct way, and it has been wrong for a while.

Thanks!!

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Just a fix request: can you fix the Tome Increases, to be applied before taking the level, and not after? This is the correct way, and it has been wrong for a while.
    You mean when Reincarnating, correct? How would the planner know the difference between a TR and an LR?

I just add the tomes one level earlier...

edit: What I really meant was "between a first-life toon leveling up, and a first-life toon using a lesser Reincarnation"
    Last edited by Phidius; 09-11-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    You mean when Reincarnating, correct? How would the planner know the difference between a TR and an LR?

I just add the tomes one level earlier...

edit: What I really meant was "between a first-life toon leveling up, and a first-life toon using a lesser Reincarnation"
    I think I know what you mean: The planner currently cannot know if you are a TR who already had a tome at level 3, or if you read the tome during your level 3.

In this case, a new option must be added at level 1 creation in the planner, when the toon is a TR, maybe called Previously Taken Tomes. You could then put, say, your +4 Tome of Constitution, and the planner would apply it at the correct levels (+1 at level 3, +2 at level 7, etc).

The two types of tome application make sense, because some people might plan their character with no tomes, but then acquire a tome, and they could reuse the same Saved character, just applying the tome to the level they acquired it.

Thanks in advance,

Carry on.
    Last edited by ddo.rsmo.pt; 09-11-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    I think I know what you mean: The planner currently cannot know if you are a TR who already had a tome at level 3, or if you read the tome during your level 3.

In this case, a new option must be added at level 1 creation in the planner, when the toon is a TR, maybe called Previously Taken Tomes. You could then put, say, your +4 Tome of Constitution, and the planner would apply it at the correct levels (+1 at level 3, +2 at level 7, etc).

The two types of tome application make sense, because some people might plan their character with no tomes, but then acquire a tome, and they could reuse the same Saved character, just applying the tome to the level they acquired it.

Thanks in advance,

Carry on.

o.O

or you could just apply the tome one level sooner.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    o.O

or you could just apply the tome one level sooner.
    You can't apply a +2 tome at level 6.

Though now that I say that out loud, that might just be the easiest fix: Set the planner to allow you to apply tomes 1 level early. (+1 @ 2, +2 @ 6, etc...)

Community Member

Default Thanks for the hard work!

Just wanted to add another voice to thanking you for providing the service of a character planner, especially in a game with such complexity and choice in character development.

In the planner you can apply the +2 tome at level 6. There is no restriction on when you apply any +1, +2, +3 or +4 tomes in the character planner.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    In the planner you can apply the +2 tome at level 6. There is no restriction on when you apply any +1, +2, +3 or +4 tomes in the character planner.
    This is true.

Perhaps it should be done such that you can only apply tomes at the proper level at earliest, with the additional lvl 1 page for TRs that list off tome values eaten in the past life?

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast